Skins in custom loadouts

Darkness073

Question

I am looking for a way to either change the skin that a player starts with, or spawn the packed skin in a loadout

So my custom loadouts are in \MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\custom\loadout.sqf and this is the code for default loadout

//Default Loadout
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","FoodCanPasta","ItemSodaCoke"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemFlashlight","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemMap"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";

I've tried putting in "Skin_Functionary1_EP1_DZ" (suit used as an example), same item id as the one in the trader, but it just doesn't spawn anything. I've also tried it without the "Skin_", but to no avail

If anyone could enlighten me on this it would be greatly appreciated!

7 answers to this question

You don't want to be using the same skin as a trader because it can ban you. You can either just add the Item class name to the Magazines section, but this will mean that they have to manually put the clothes on. However there is a way to do this via a table of validated default skins, which looks like this

Male = "skin1","skin2";

Female = "skin1,"skin2";

Now male and female charecters have different skin types, so it would have to be a skin both can wear. What you can do, on the other hand, is change the DEFAULT skins, to point to your mission folder skin which is demonstrated in Zupas Custom skin tutorial on this forum, which is what I recommend doing, but you will need to do this to the male and female version, and texture this however you want, or simply use a existing texture schematic. I recommend doing it that way.

You don't want to be using the same skin as a trader because it can ban you. You can either just add the Item class name to the Magazines section, but this will mean that they have to manually put the clothes on. However there is a way to do this via a table of validated default skins, which looks like this

Male = "skin1","skin2";

Female = "skin1,"skin2";

Now male and female charecters have different skin types, so it would have to be a skin both can wear. What you can do, on the other hand, is change the DEFAULT skins, to point to your mission folder skin which is demonstrated in Zupas Custom skin tutorial on this forum, which is what I recommend doing, but you will need to do this to the male and female version, and texture this however you want, or simply use a existing texture schematic. I recommend doing it that way.

This used to my old default loadout before I put ESS on my server

DefaultMagazines = ["ItemMorphine","ItemBloodbag","ItemPainkiller","FoodMRE","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","Skin_Soldier1_DZ","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","7Rnd_45ACP_1911","7Rnd_45ACP_1911"];
DefaultWeapons = ["Colt1911","ItemRadio","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemToolbox"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackItems = [""];

For yours you should be able to just add the skin in default magazines line like this

DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","Skin_Functionary1_EP1_DZ","ItemPainkiller","FoodCanPasta","ItemSodaCoke"];
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";

This should work as it does for me. The skin used need to be one you can have in your gear in-game.

EDIT: That skin "Skin_Functionary1_EP1_DZ" works just fine to give as a skin in DefaultMagazines as I put my test server on NAPF and it gave me it and was able to use it no problem.

Default trader skins for NAPF are

["Tanny_PMC","Graves","US_Delta_Force_AR_EP1","GUE_Commander","Damsel3","Soldier_MG_PKM_PMC","GUE_Worker2","GUE_Woodlander2","RUS_Soldier2","Drake_Light","GUE_Woodlander3","Soldier_GL_PMC","GUE_Villager3","CIV_EuroWoman01_EP1","Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1","RUS_Commander","Damsel5","TK_Special_Forces_MG_EP1","TK_Special_Forces_EP1","Ins_Soldier_AR","Ins_Lopotev","Ins_Worker2","Ins_Woodlander3","Dr_Hladik_EP1","pook_Doc_Bell47","Ins_Woodlander2"]

I even put one in my backpack with no problems. Code right from my NAPF server that works perfect.

DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","Skin_Functionary1_EP1_DZ","ItemPainkiller","FoodCanPasta","ItemSodaCoke"];
DefaultBackpackItems = ["Skin_Functionary1_EP1_DZ"];

I place this code inside my MpMissions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\init.sqf right below dayz_MapArea = 18000; . If you are using a custom loadout script that has default loadout inside it might be your problem from the start.

Yes if you are trying to give the skin in the players inventory then you need "Skin_Tanny_PMC". If you are changing the default skin then you need "Tanny_PMC".

If you give a skin that is a trader to a normal player that player could be banned. Another down side is that player becomes the trader, meaning other players can come up to him and scroll there mouse and trade. That's not something you want.

If you wish to put the skin in there inventory you need to pick a skin that is obtainable to have in your inventory. As far as I know "Skin_Tanny_PMC" is not obtainable.