Frequency jammer to important?

Gotcha

First of all I want to thank the developers for the great job. Epoch is the best mod for arma and I really like to play it :) keep up the good work!

I spent like 200 hours on the game and with that experience I would like to write down some suggestions which I think they will improve the game (I really don’t want to offend the developers. It are just suggestions).

I wonder what you guys think about the suggestions and if you think it are improvements or if it brakes the game.

Frequency jammer
I really like to see the Frequency jammer a bit smaller so it is easier to cover up. ATM The Frequency jammer is hard to cover because you need 2 fully upgraded walls on top of eachother. If a small piece is sticking out people will shoot it down (even the small antenne) It also don’t fit in in houses. Should be good if the height reduces by 2.

I see a lot of people making square boxes to protect the jammer and I don’t think that was the idea of the mod + making a box of cinder takes a lot of building material and energy).
Once you destroy the jammer you can ruin a base in just 10 min, because you can move/open everything (also locked doors). I believe the jammer is way to important as it is now.

Also with the new upcoming update you can remove building items (when you remove items you get the materials back I have seen on the streams). I really like that but in combination how the Frequency jammer is now it would be terrible for people who spend hours and hours on a base. Once you destroy a jammer you just remove all the base items to ruin people’s experience.

I really like to see a good solution for this. its not fair that you have full acces/control of someone his base by only destroying the plot pole.

Building a base vs raiding/destroying/removing a base is not balanced well I think.

Removing built items is no different to blowing them to pieces which is what people currently do. To be honest from a point of view of a server owner I welcome the ability for players to remove unwanted items. Currently it's a ballache of a job to clean up random crap which people have built and abandoned.

Removing built items is no different to blowing them to pieces which is what people currently do. To be honest from a point of view of a server owner I welcome the ability for players to remove unwanted items. Currently it's a ballache of a job to clean up random crap which people have built and abandoned.

This time one million.

If we had to choose only one addition for the next 6 months for this mod it would be for the removal of parts (deconstruction).

This time one million.

If we had to choose only one addition for the next 6 months for this mod it would be for the removal of parts (deconstruction).

I've been looking at doing it via the database at server restart, entering an x,y coordinate along with a radius and getting the script to delete all built items placed within the selected circle.

The in built building cleanup routines don't seem to be taking any notice of the 'expiresBuilding' variable in the epochconfig.hpp, I have checked in the database and the time to live for some items was showing as much longer than the figure I set 'expiresBuilding' to.

The server is automatically self cleaning based upon options selected in the epochconfig.hpp, I have personally set the timeout to two weeks. I agree the jammer needs to be a little smaller in height but the rest I think is working fine. It'd be nice to be able to disassemble the building parts to get some materials back but I also don't mind it as it is, the last base we saw abandoned we got a heli convoy going and lifted most of the materials back to our base  :ph34r:

I've been looking at doing it via the database at server restart, entering an x,y coordinate along with a radius and getting the script to delete all built items placed within the selected circle.

The in built building cleanup routines don't seem to be taking any notice of the 'expiresBuilding' variable in the epochconfig.hpp, I have checked in the database and the time to live for some items was showing as much longer than the figure I set 'expiresBuilding' to.

I think when an item 'expires' it doesn't get deleted from the database, it just doesn't respawn in the server after the timer has expired.  Not sure if that's by design or a bug.  It will be nice once we get more Redis tools available and we can actually "see" what's out there and admins can maintenance it that way.  

Yeah some more Redis tools would be nice, trying to find a vehicle in the DB that was destroyed by a glitch so I could get what was in it was very painful last night, 4 admins trawling the vehicles DB for half an hour to find it. A search feature would be nice  <_<

Yeah some more Redis tools would be nice, trying to find a vehicle in the DB that was destroyed by a glitch so I could get what was in it was very painful last night, 4 admins trawling the vehicles DB for half an hour to find it. A search feature would be nice  <_<

If you use this:

You can look on the map and highlight the vehicle and it will give you the database info for it to be able to go into the database and delete it manually.

I think when an item 'expires' it doesn't get deleted from the database, it just doesn't respawn in the server after the timer has expired.  Not sure if that's by design or a bug.  It will be nice once we get more Redis tools available and we can actually "see" what's out there and admins can maintenance it that way.

Yes I've noticed a lot of blank records from items which have been deleted.

I agree with unwanted items, but i already can imagine that jerks remove bases of players by just shooting the plotpole and than simple press space bar to select remove item. On top of that they get the building materials.

In my opion its again a bigger pro for raiding a base instead of building one.