Trader Cities without Combat

Its a touchy subject Aliveman that has been asked a couple of times in different ways so far.

There 2 two scenarios that could possibly address this in my opinion for server owners that are really finding this a problem.

Employ Sarge AI Static bots at 1 or 2 of the hubs that have a really high detect ratio for bandits and a great aim.

Or

Look for this section in the mission.sqm file.

class Sensors
{
items=3;
class Item0
{
position[]={4053.8501,364.76645,11668.645};
activationBy="WEST";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
name="zonebash";
expCond="(player distance zonebash) < 50;"; // Expand to whatever distance you want
expActiv="TitleText[""Now entering trader city Bash"",""PLAIN DOWN""]; placevault = false;";
expDesactiv="TitleText[""Now leaving trader city Bash"",""PLAIN DOWN""]; placevault = true;";
class Effects
{
soundDet="arabian_market_1";
};
};

Expand the default distance for the sensor if you wish for a longer range.

And have a way for the sensors themselves to execute sqf

No Coder but along the lines of:

xxx = this execVM ""nopvp.sqf"";";

In that sqf get someone talented to create a way that it auto message when getting closer and then unequipped/drops weapons carried at a certain distance. 

All weapons need to be in a backpack else then get dropped on the ground in trader zones.

Except you can't sell items in your backpack to traders, has to be in front inventory.

I would say 'let's give the traders some guns and let them pew pew anyone who activates 'in combat' except that zombies wander into the trader areas as well...

Yeah I just used this safezone script from opendayz.

http://opendayz.net/threads/guide-creating-safezones.9014/

If this one were a little better, you could use it to make a PvP free server.  My thoughts are to use a small map with this, set the range to include the entire map's area, and you have a PvZ experience without worrying about bandits (which some people don't like).  Has anyone gotten close to fixing any of the known issues with this script like:

• Being able to run over players
  • Being unable to kill zombies, but they can kill you

If this one were a little better, you could use it to make a PvP free server.  My thoughts are to use a small map with this, set the range to include the entire map's area, and you have a PvZ experience without worrying about bandits (which some people don't like).  Has anyone gotten close to fixing any of the known issues with this script like:

• Being able to run over players
  • Being unable to kill zombies, but they can kill you

I'm working on modding the safe zone script to call godmode or similar to players within the zone so roadkill isn't possible. Zombies can be teleported away, look through my forum posts to find solution.

Biggest problem is at Klen, certain vehicles that spawn with mounted guns can still shoot live rounds. Damage is taken by the perpetrator, but it's not enough to prevent kills.