Invulnerable Bases When Group Offline

Havoc302

With an increase in vehicle bombing attacks when players are offline I was wondering if there was any way to make all base objects invulnerable when everyone in a group is offline (all Epoch buildables within jammer range). I think this would cause players to have to do more homework about a players base before raiding it to work out who's there or at least confirm that the players are in fact online (watch them leave the base, etc). Is anyone aware of a script that may be able to do this? It'd obviously have to read the Epoch groups from the database and match them up to the jammers owner, enabling damagehandling again when a player from that group logs in.

What about if someone starts attacking the base, players who own the base notice it and instantly leave the server to make it indestructible? I do not think it is very wise idea.

Maybe still have it attackable for a certain amount of time after everyone logs off? I do agree it would be hard to balance a feature like this and prevent abuse. 

Maybe still have it attackable for a certain amount of time after everyone logs off? I do agree it would be hard to balance a feature like this and prevent abuse. 

That'd be a great idea, maybe 15 minutes or something, would just stop jackasses vehicle bombing and suicide helicoptering bases to death all the time. There's always some jackass that'll do it.

I think adding this "feature" would introduce more problems & server drama (enforcement, forum posts, etc) than it's really worth... but that's just my $0.02.

That's the whole point though, having rules regarding vehicle bombing means admins have to look through log files / take peoples word for it, if you physically can't destroy a base then what's to argue about?

I prefer to remove rules and make it simply impossible to do.

Toyed with this suggestion a while back here: 

I think if really designed properly it could work.  What I've found since building a base is that it gets attacked when we are not online, once or twice when we were there, but that's it.  Players wait until your group is offline before attacking.

We can only suggest stuff and let the devs decide or morph it into something they think will work well.

Thats no fun.

The whole idea of a persistent world is that it is ever changing and real. I think that if a team coordinates a raid when your team isnt on, its a smart move. 

I dont agree with all the hard work of a base being destroyed by a damn heli kamikaze or vehicle drop, that is just too much work ruined in a matter of seconds. 

I think that the materials should have an upped damage rate so these things can last longer.

While it may be a smart move for the team attacking the base, it's no fun for the base owners mainly because of vehicle sling loaders doing the deed when no one is there to defend or video capture the event if that is a no-no on a server.  Also with the duping going on, explosive satchels are more prevalent than intended.

If we had a way to booby trap or hire AI NPCs to protect (and/or provide alerts) the base through restarts I think that would be a better solution vs making them totally indestructible.when the group is offline.

While it may be fun for the attackers, logging in the next morning to find out that your base was hit and there was nothing you could do to prevent it, is not fun.   It's bad enough with the glitching.

Base raiding should be one of the highlights of the game, trashing someone's base and stealing all their shit should be the reward you get after the sort of drawn-out battle you'll fondly remember on your deathbed, it should be absolutely fucking epic. Having it happen while you are offline is such a damp squib. All these games in the same vein as Epoch have the same issue, I don't have the answer but whoever comes up with it is going to have a solid gold winner on their hands.