Any need for a proper desktop admin tool suite for Epoch?

Axe Cop

I was just checking the features page but I don't see any of my ideas there, sounds more  like a multi game admin tool for kick, ban and messages stuff or what do you mean?

If your ideas for the ! commands use rcon to perform those actions, then B3 would be a good tool. You can create plugins for new features.

TSW does NOT work with epoch. It's based around bliss which ayam doesn't even support anymore.

Vilayer has a beta version that works with Epoch. You can buy TSW from them, or if you have a TSW key already, you can contact the guy that makes TSW and he'll get you set up with the beta. It might only work with Vilayer servers though. I have TSW key but haven't gotten to setting it up with my Epoch server yet.

If your ideas for the ! commands use rcon to perform those actions, then B3 would be a good tool. You can create plugins for new features.

Yeah maybe, but since rcon is pretty unreliable and shitty to use (lol) I did most of those tools already with ingame scripts now, then you can actually see the effect without a server restart..

Anyway here my new script for maintaining a whole area (player base) at once: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3603-release-areal-maintenance-for-player-bases-script/  :)

Zoomable map showing players, vehicles and objects(building items etc)
Player/object search and filters to desplay only specific objects like safes and other stuff.

Character manager for editing a character thats not online(changing skin, weaps, items, location, humanity, stats)
Live map tracking players(like BlissAdmin and Strangers tracker tool).

Live map tracking vehicles?
Live map showing recently places objects?
See all the codes/keys for safes, doors, garages and vehicles.

Epoch trader editor(something like PrivateHiveTools for Epoch)
Player log(tracking lines, character changes etc) - WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE

Remove many objects at once based on region selection (e.g. draw a circle on the map, list all objects inside the circle, filter them for base building objects and delete all at once -> useful for deleting a whole base with 2 clicks or something)
Automatically backing up the database in case there is need for a rollback. Save every ten minutes for three hours, then overwrite the old ones?
Stats about players, vehs etc.

Realtime triggers and alerts of suspicious player behaviour(tp, weapons etc)
Log analysis of my other tool DayZ Logger (http://dayzepoch.com...character-logs/), display player positions for any specific timeline (whole day maybe, so you don't need to keep the admin tool logging but let it do serverside and just import the logs when you want), humanity graphs over weeks/month of a specific player or all players, search logs for suspicious items or frequent gear changes, ...
Database or rcon access only, no ftp needed?
Proper logging of everything(from player movements, vehicles and item purchases/sales, kill/death logs etc..everything worth logging)

This would be the dream tool for Epoch.

Yeah it would also be a lot of work and I can't do it all alone in reasonable time, don't forget it will be a free tool so not like I could earn money with that and I don't want to.

For the last couple of days I was working on some other scripts and my epoch server as well, but this project isn't dead!

It would just be nice if there is anyone in this community who would like to help me developing something like this?? 

Maybe I start and do a prototype, but I don't know if I have the time do to this in the next days/weeks, it is nothing that can be done within a couple of hours like a simple Epoch script ^^

Missed this, would love an admin tool suite for the desktop. We run everything on a VDS and currently have no tools or control panel and since TCA costs money we were looking for something much like this. 

One thing I miss from the usual dayZ hosters is the ability to live stream the rpt log, at the moment I am using Notepad ++ and spamming refresh. 

• 1 month later...

this project is not abandoned but i am working on some other stuff atm, since there was not much interest as said before. Don't know if i will ever do this, time will tell :)

Anyway if you know c# you should be able to learn java pretty quick.. if you want to :D

I know and love c# but have no clue bout java or even where to start tbh.. plus no employer has ever asked it from me so i've never had the need as such.

The reason i am interested in this tool is because its epoch specific and its a desktop tool. Most tools people dish out are php/web tools and they are good but id rather have something on my system. Anywayz.. ill have to wait and see.

I know and love c# but have no clue bout java or even where to start tbh.. plus no employer has ever asked it from me so i've never had the need as such

A tool like this can also be made with c# of course, I just suggested using java because in my opinion it has some advantages for a tool like this (some things are also worse than c#..).

Anyway since TSW also works with epoch now (I think?) and I implemented many of the features in this thread already with ingame scripts wich is easier to use in most cases I don't knwo if it makes sense to start a tool liek this form teh ground up.. btw TSW is coded with C# + Unity 3D as far as i know, never tried it myself, but it is not for free.

TSW does work with epoch. But its not specific for it. It does not provide some of the features you have stated e.g. the object map, partial database roll backs, door codes/safe combos, trader editor, offline players etc.

It shows/manages players, vehicles, traces of movement and then the normal antihack tools.
Plus the database tool for it is disabled for Epoch and states it will be added in future releases. At the moment there are different tools to do certain jobs and your idea of have an all encompassing tool is what made me curious. I am sure having in game scripts are far better and easier to use rather than having to switch to the desktop to perform some tasks.

P.S - Never knew TSW was in c# and I guess the Unity 3D was for the 3D map which is actually a 2D map with 3D icons sitting on top of it and the smoke coming out of burnt vehicles. Which personally I find pretty silly.

Yeah well as I said personally I would love to make a tool like this but it is a lot of work to do alone... and then nobody uses it :D

I think it would be a great idea. So stop talking about how people wouldn't use it and get to work, haha. Just jokin. Sounds like an excellent tool. Hope you decide to build it. ;-)