AI groups engaging each other?

BetterDeadThanZed

I have VEMF, SEM and A3EAI installed on my server. A player said he thought the AI vehicle patrol (pick up with a machine gun) was firing at another AI group, possibly from VEMF, or maybe even another group from A3EAI. Does anyone know if this would happen? I haven't encountered it myself and only had one player tell me this, but another said he was hearing explosions in a town that no one else was in, so maybe that's AI attacking each other.

All of A3EAI's units are Resistance (aka Independent) as well. From what I understand so far, in A3 Epoch the West and East sides are used for Male and Female characters while the groups used by players are Civilian. So AI are basically limited to Resistance unless you want to cause problems.

That said, in my testing of A3EAI, I have seen (on only 2 separate occasions, 1 was confirmed, while the other case I wasn't sure if I was the target or not) where AI are firing at what seems to be nothing. In my situation, there were only 2 AI in a town and absolutely nothing else (I'm the only player). I haven't been able to replicate the same scenario so I haven't been able to narrow down the cause.

I'm guessing there's some kind of bugged object in the game that the AI consider hostile.

All of A3EAI's units are Resistance (aka Independent) as well. From what I understand so far, in A3 Epoch the West and East sides are used for Male and Female characters while the groups used by players are Civilian. So AI are basically limited to Resistance unless you want to cause problems.

That said, in my testing of A3EAI, I have seen (on only 2 separate occasions, 1 was confirmed, while the other case I wasn't sure if I was the target or not) where AI are firing at what seems to be nothing. In my situation, there were only 2 AI in a town and absolutely nothing else (I'm the only player). I haven't been able to replicate the same scenario so I haven't been able to narrow down the cause.

I'm guessing there's some kind of bugged object in the game that the AI consider hostile.

I remember when I had my AI on Arma 2. When people would set to have them aggro on zeds (civilian side) it would make them aggro on animals too which were also on the civilian side. I think they also would engage some random items that should have been "Empty" but were considered civilian to them too.

I, too, heard MG fire (A3EAI vehicle patrol I suppose) at several occasions, when I was the only player on, originating from distances estimated > 1km and from directions pointing to locations I had not been, before.

The estimated locations were definitely half a map away from the VEMF and SEM missions active at that time.

I didn't dare investigate ;-)

You would need to find an animal in game and interrogate it

Nah, you can't trust the bastards - I interrogated a hare and it claimed to be a tuna ;-)

Just to update this. I have a player that says he witnessed the vehicle patrol attack a group of AI. He believes they were all A3EAI because he didn't think there was a VEMF or SEM mission in the area. I've asked him to try to get a video of it next time he sees it. I don't have a problem with this. I think it's cool, but it makes me worried because I have two vehicle patrols at the NWAF, so I wonder if they are engaging the AI infantry patrols.