Mods in Addons folder

Humpabry

As richie said you can BUT always keep addons seperate from one another as itr may cause conflicts down the line

Richie post #2 they will never see any textures from the addon unless they download the addon each addon name within the addon should be added to the mission.sqf to stop the spam of downloadable content is needed <it will stop players from joining without the addon.

learnt a lot over the past few years for addons some are ok with merging and some do not like merging  (worked with wasteland best)

i used overoch and OWpack seemed ok at first but some of the weps didnt function properly but still worked< OwPack was ment for Arma\dayz only as one addon but  with epoch and overwatch in 2 seperate folders and the owpack seperate too it still caused a conflict somewhere this was running with jsrs client side

So just be on safe side keep all seperate to find a conflict or problem easily

^^

This. Adding them server side to the addon folder means you don't need to alter the commandline, BUT will not show for players as required addon. Add that to the totally abundance of ANY feedback to players when they don't have addons loaded (kicked without message unless they go look in their /users/username/local/arma w/e folder) and you cause more harm then good.

Keep addons in a @thisaddon folder, add it to the command line so players have at least SOME info on what they need.

to be fair i would not even tell the players what addons i have put in my addons folder so they always use the parameters i provided + i make sure every player joining my server knows what addons we have so they always download the right addons and add parameters for the addons.

should be ok that way as long as i dont loose count :P

also players adding addons to thier addon  folder in arma 3 = no need for launch parameters?

signiture check and on signed data would need to be turned off i would of thaught which will cause even more problems with players connecting with mods or even hacked files that are running on the server. he can acess the client files modify as he likes changing damage of guns and on arma 2 you could change any backpack space

if i was to put @mas or watever right into the addons folder of my arma 3 install on dedi box for server..would this mean i would not have to add the launch parameter?

Speaking specifically about SEM, it does not matter since this addon is serverside only, but it's considered bad practice and so I don't advice this method of installing SEM in my install instructions.

As a rule:

Always keep your mods/addons in separated modfolders!

In EPOCH You need to abuse the already existing @epochhive\addons folder, because any poorly made launcher will not list Your server, when You have some custom addon/mod ( besides the default "@EpochHive;@Epoch") loaded.

But the default way to add mods/addons (server and clientside) is to use separated modfolders.

Greez KiloSwiss

thats why i wanted this...launchers dont see our servers due to the custom extra @mas @masvehicles @weapon resting and so on

so i did some reading and found that adding mods into mod folder means no custom launch parameters

is the anyway i could make a 2nd addon folder so i can put all custom addons into that without launch parameters? also keeps me safe if something goes wrong 

Heres a question. Could we add a new weapon to the config with an addon if it points to existing models/mats/etc without it throwing an error for connecting clients?

Short answer is no.

Weapon/vehicle/mag configs are overwritten by mods with empty values, essentially banning them. To unban without deleting affecting pbo, you'd have to rewrite configs again. Problem is, you'd need to do this from external @mod launched after @epoch (added after epoch in launch params) and that includes clients, too. Once game is launched, configs are compiled and can not be changed, mission file configs can not be used to recreate these kind of configs. Look up @rmod for more info how this works.

edit: just in case I got your question wrong - yes you can create new classes and link to existing models (and textures if selections are available), but no you can't do it server-side only, this still means making new @mod for clients.

Heres a question. Could we add a new weapon to the config with an addon if it points to existing models/mats/etc without it throwing an error for connecting clients?

Vamp, 

They seem to be doing it with addon vehicles so i would say you can with weapons also. Or just have to spawn them with loot spawner?