A3 Support ?

Sharkking

Hi, 

i was playing napf in the editor with AIA and A3MP (AiA works better for me) including the aif_napfobjects fix but there are some issues mainly from the ponds (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183119-Bohemia-Interactive-please-comment-on-whats-hindering-you-to-introduc-Ponds-to-Arma3). Other than this it works fine exctept the cluttered map.

Could you probably fix this to work with A3 ? I know its listed in your armaholic page (...like a distorted SatMap on distance and more). 

Any timeline to have at least a working map ?

regards

Sharkking

Napf is up and running on the official [WILD] Arma 3 Epoch server. We have fixed the water issue so there is no tearing and a number of other issues and added Epoch items. The server has been in closed testing but is now in open test. Please see our post for details (http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29508-wild-official-epoch-servers-0252138-napf-w01-altis-w02-chernarus-w03-utomniacom/)

Come in and have a look.

Napf is up and running on the official [WILD] Arma 3 Epoch server. We have fixed the water issue so there is no tearing and a number of other issues and added Epoch items. The server has been in closed testing but is now in open test. Please see our post for details (http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29508-wild-official-epoch-servers-0252138-napf-w01-altis-w02-chernarus-w03-utomniacom/)

Come in and have a look.

nice =]

Come in and have a look.

Would be nice to share your fixes with the community. Thanks 

Would be nice to share your fixes with the community. Thanks 

Not our map to redistribute, the water fix is easy - replace the pond p3d with an empty p3d - we don't have a working satellite map yet. If we get that working, we'll hand it back to the authors to send out.

The other fixes to the dam, etc. have been done in Arma 3 Epoch on top of the map so not part of the core map I'm afraid. Again, if we can fix that in the map we'll send to the authors first for approval, etc.

Momo is the one that provided the fix on Armaholic D/L page so yes MOMO knows this is being used in Arma 3.

Donkey Punch Napf has been up since Jan 6th open to the public and has had all the goodies since early January.

Random Spawns, Random AI Missions/Treasure Hunts, Map Edits, Random AI Infantry/Chopper/Vehicle and lots more client side.

Im glad to see others finally put up NAPF.

Im getting my Arma 3 DayZEpochMod Cherno Tribute Server ready for public as we speak.

Will be a nice transition for those still playing A2....

[EG] Epoch Napf

been up about a week

credit to the WILD community for the napf fix and making it playable, awesome to be able to play napf on arma 3  :)

Well that's interesting since there has been no waterline bug on my napf since new years.

I don't care about credit since the fix was posted in bohemia forums a long time ago.

I do however hope they have a fantastic server and the community loves it!

For the record, our community isn't looking for any credit for fixing the waterline bug. We have done this 'as part' of our ongoing fixes to the Napf map. We've not released a version yet, as we have to make sure that the fixes we make to the map meets with the approval of the co-authors, who are working with us to get this sorted. The only version that anyone could have gained so far from our files is 'the base' Napf map which does have the water bug fixed (so there is no tearing), but this doesn't have any of the other fixes (such as the finished dam) at this current time.

We hope to get this out in the near future though, so that the community can all benefit from the completed Arma3 conversion of this excellent map.

If anyone wants to check out the work in progress, however, you can see the map with many of the fixes, running on the [Wild] servers as part of the current testing phase.

I have been on your server with the AllInArmaTerrainPack 2015_01_01 and the Napf_V10 from Armaholic...

When I get near the dam on your server this is what I see...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1q30a229fvm8s8/2015-02-15_00002.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wseak3hxr28clu8/2015-02-15_00007.jpg?dl=0

This is what happens when you leave the water in the map. The graphical effect (tearing) is like a wave across the screen and it's constant when you get within about 2km of any inland water. We have removed the water to make it playable within Arma 3. Arma 2 inland water is not compatble within Arma 3, for Napf this is not fixed within the AllInArmaTerrainPack.

To add to this...

Once the water fix (as described in an earlier post here) has been implimented, it leaves the dam exposed, showing the areas where it is unfinished (you can walk under it and see the reverse side of the building). With the conversion from arma2, to arma3 there are also areas on top of the damn that the characters can occasionally fall through. These are just some of the issues that we are addressing for the final version.