Tobias Solem

Question

So, since CBA_A3 is now possible to run, I've become interested in trying to make ACRE2 work on a test server and possibly on our official server in the future. ACRE2 obviously has a bunch of lootable items (radios) that would conflict with Epoch, and thus, there are several possible issues making them work together (loot tables not being editable currently for example), but I am sure there are a few people out there who like ACRE2 as well and would like to make it work.

If you do not know what ACRE2 is, it's basically a remade version of ACRE1, essentially it simulates real-life radios the same way that ballistics in ARMA3 simulates real-life guns. It is connected to teamspeak3 and works with a plugin to teamspeak and adds a number of features that improves the immersion of in-game communication.

link here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182271-ACRE2-Public-Beta-Release

So, to get the conversation rolling, I am wonder if anyone in the Epochmod-community have tried getting ACRE2 working with Epoch? And if so what progress you have made, or if you have succeeded, perhaps you could impart the rest of us with some information?

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure about Acre but there is a thread on here about Task Force Radio which is mostly the same thing.

Well, I recently "got schooled" by Dwarden upon mentioning TFOR, telling me to go ACRE2 or go home, hence why I made this thread. Because apparently only pubbies use TFOR and ACRE2 apparently has a bad rep for ARMA3 because everyone keeps referring to old betas that arent RC3 or whatnot.