BI speaks out on p2w and donation shops!

Axle

Bohemia is in the business of selling video games. That's all they care about. The sooner everyone understands this the better off they will be.

This mod and every other one created for Arma 2/3 sells additional copies for them. That's what they truly care about. Does anyone really believe BI is going to shoot a golden goose? Seriously?!?!?!?

Kind of a moot point considering all the shops out there with no consequences

I agree; I don't think BI will pursue communities that are selling things within BI guidelines, but without the 3rd party permission. I just can't see them being fucked about it.

The 3rd party people like Epoch simply won't have the resources to pursue it themselves. They'd probably put pressure on BI, and BI will probably just get pissed off and remove the 3rd party rule.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

"The point of approvals and report system is to allow good guys to accept monetization, while freeing our hands to handle the gray shady characters.

So now we are extending open arm with an option for everyone - start monetize legally, with registration and approval and permission from addon creators or risk us looking into your practices." - Johny

Seems like now with a more defined monetization plan, anyone who is not following the "donations without return consideration" will be dealt with (if reported).

But it's still all talk until actions happen.

3wOrPLq.png

Myself and the rest of the Epoch development team will be expecting messages from anyone who chooses to obtain our approval on this matter.

BI has a form to fill indicating the required information . This post doesn't seem to indicate a willingness to comply with a request anyway ! And No , I don't use "IT" , just the stock AH

So i still what to know Can i sell krypto or not

Since it's not an item ??

It's an in-game value that affects your in game ability. It essentially allows you to purchase any other item in the game.

And also as previously stated you have to get approval from both Epoch and Bohemia to monetize outlying your specific monetization methods to both.

So i still what to know Can i sell krypto or not

Since it's not an item ??

Yes and no :unsure: mod creators have the final say on their work, Epoch have said no selling of their work, so for Epoch no.

If you were hosting KOTH or Wasteland or Life or any other mission you can sell items

It's an in-game value that affects your in game ability. It essentially allows you to purchase any other item in the game.

And also as previously stated you have to get approval from both Epoch and Bohemia to monetize outlying your specific monetization methods to both.

Krypto is available to anyone on the server not only someone who "donates/purchases" it.

And it's an currency not an item?

Does it really matter? It was created by the Epoch devs.

You guys are making it harder then it actually is. Let me walk you through it:

"I want to sell Arma 3 content created by Bohemia Interactve!"  Go to this link: http://www.bistudio.com/monetization

"I want to sell Epoch content created by the devs at Epochmod.com!"  Go to this link: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

I hope this means bis will go after communitys like ccg mgt atd and all the others that abuse the system.

Erm no, what BIS have done is said it's fine to sell in game items, just so long as regular players can use the same things for free, so donator loadouts are fine just so long as the loadout items can be found in game.

P2W is actully popular, and works I see why they do it, the money they get means they can afford to pay for better hardware and run more instances, this leads to a better experience for the player, far too many servers are hosted on oversold GSP servers, they don't care about desync and lag, they just want the money.

Does it really matter? It was created by the Epoch devs.

You guys are making it harder then it actually is. Let me walk you through it:

"I want to sell Arma 3 content created by Bohemia Interactve!"  Go to this link: http://www.bistudio.com/monetization

"I want to sell Epoch content created by the devs at Epochmod.com!"  Go to this link: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Exactly , Does it really matter , No one has ever been held to account because they violated any of this anyway .

Exactly , Does it really matter , No one has ever been held to account because they violated any of this anyway .

It takes time and money to get server/sites taken down that break the rules. But maybe now with the reporting feature the will look more deeply into the matter of the violators. Seem they are taking an interest in the A3L violators. But it is BIS and we all know how long they take. 

We have gone out of our way to respect BI's wishes when it came to p2w and donation perk server. They have finally come out with some official guidelines that we wish you all will follow. It's good to see that you can help try to cover the costs involved with providing a high end server for your community. Most of you are already doing the right thing so the application should be no trouble at all. We wish you happy hunting and all the loots in the world! GAME ON!

http://www.bistudio.com/monetization

It seems Axle

3wOrPLq.png

"...on server with community content you also need approval for all content from every involved community content authors" -Dwarden 2015

At this time, I have made no approval of commercial use for my content, this has not changed since the project began.  There is no grandfathering in of this, if you're not on their approval list...then guess what?

Myself and the rest of the Epoch development team will be expecting messages from anyone who chooses to obtain our approval on this matter.

and Sequisha didn't even agree

Some people seem to be acting like this is going to be the end of the Arma 3 community, and I don't think so. It's no different than what it has always been before except that there are not ways to monetize legally if you have permission from all parties involved.

The people who have been infringing will just keep doing so without consequence unless Bohemia actually steps up to the plate. When their words on the matter actually carry a law case behind them it will change the community for the better. Until then it's the same as it's always been in my eyes with slack given to the people who actually try to jump through the hoops correctly.

I reread this entire thread and then BIS rules again today and I still gather that Axle put this up to see our reactions and we now know that so far Sequisha gave 0 approvals and has no plans to monetize his own crelations.

His words not mine.

If I had a team of devs when it came down to decisions like this if my content creator says no, we all say no....

End result of this until the Devs decide to start approvals NO

Krypto is available to anyone on the server not only someone who "donates/purchases" it.

Krypto is an ethereal item that would give a player an advantage over another player, and doesn't fit into the realm of BI's accepted monetary guidelines.

The same can be applied to certain types of tactical clothing; take the Ghillie for instance.  Aside from the obvious visual difference, it also provides additional armor to the player; all Arma 3 clothing has armor values on them.

We can theorize and make our own interpretations of what little has been publicly stated on the subject, but the proof will most certainly be in the pudding.  Anyone interested should follow the proper channels linked above and we'll see where this all goes.

Krypto is an ethereal item that would give a player an advantage over another player, and doesn't fit into the realm of BI's accepted monetary guidelines.

The same can be applied to certain types of tactical clothing; take the Ghillie for instance.  Aside from the obvious visual difference, it also provides additional armor to the player; all Arma 3 clothing has armor values one them.

We can theorize and make our own interpretations of what little has been publicly stated on the subject, but the proof will most certainly be in the pudding.  Anyone interested should follow the proper channels linked above and we'll see where this all goes.

Am confused. "krypto" dose belong to Epoch. But the value of it would be another thing? Cause if a player bought krypto as a donation item. Would that just be a number their getting? Cause i can understand a cinder wall. Cause its an object. But krypto would be just a number within a string. So selling "Krypto" would be against the rules. But Changing the value of in a string would not be?