BI speaks out on p2w and donation shops!

Axle

RimBlock, If your concern is with something you have added to A2 DayZ Epoch or released using DayZ Mod or DayZ Epoch assets it would fall under the DayZ DML license. Per this license I do not think monetization is even possible  (Noncommercial - You may not use this material for any commercial purposes) and considering the countless people that contributed to DayZ Mod and DayZ Epoch it would not be remotely possible to get permission from everyone. The only way I can see that happening is from BI in the form of a license change.

Currently per our license for A3 Epoch the same is true (NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes). We do have the rights to make changes or offer additional licenses should we choose to do so. Our team all agreed to release our work under (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/ during development. If any changes are to be made to our license we will get the approval from everyone on the team.

RimBlock, If your concern is with something you have added to A2 DayZ Epoch or released using DayZ Mod or DayZ Epoch assets it would fall under the DayZ DML license. Per this license I do not think monetization is even possible  (Noncommercial - You may not use this material for any commercial purposes) and considering the countless people that contributed to DayZ Mod and DayZ Epoch it would not be remotely possible to get permission from everyone. The only way I can see that happening is from BI in the form of a license change.

Currently per our license for A3 Epoch the same is true (NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes). We do have the rights to make changes or offer additional licenses should we choose to do so. Our team all agreed to release our work under (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/ during development. If any changes are to be made to our license we will get the approval from everyone on the team.

Nope, I have no concerns what so ever with Epoch 2 or 3.  The position is quite clear to me and I believe I covered the Epoch standpoint reasonibly well in post above (allbeit with out referencing back to DayZ Mod which you have quite rightly mentioned).  Your stance fits nicely with my viewpoint.

I was simply providing some more information directly from BIS to people around questions I had to do with BIS assets and their announcement on monetization.

When I was younger I had more time than money, Now that I have kids, house, responsibilities and a real job I have more money than time. I used to be able to put the time into a game, now honestly I look for servers where I can donate for perks. Call it what you will P2W whatever. I don't want an advantage over anyone else but am willing to exchange money for things that I don't have the time to get without spending hours I don't have in game. You can quickly kill a server when you can pay to have everyone spawn in with an AS50 in their own base (A2 Dayz Epoch) but with some good balance I have seen and played on many fun, fair and successful A2 Epoch servers. I hope to find the same on A3 epoch as well.

I know I am not the only epoch player with these views, just thought it was worth adding my opinion to the conversation. 

Definitely got to agree, its nice when you are trying to build a base and there is a $5 base building bundle which includes wood, cinder blocks, etc, instead of spending a 1000 hours finding very little it indeed helps. If people want to donate to the server to help keep it running I welcome it, and they just for that, would get a gift back randomly by an admin as a thank you. I think there is many ways to make it work, to keep servers going and keep things fair.  Good admins can certainly also go a long way into how the server works and many players enjoy it. If you free work and say you don't want money for it then don't take money but don't sit there and stop a server from being prosperous if it's helping them stay up and keeping quality players, make a deal with said server if need be, go in and see how it works and go from there. Probably going to see a thousand servers go up but hopefully end up with a few quality servers with good people in them. I hope this post is okay here just wanted to throw my opinion out there.

Loving this discussion about donations and rewards. There are always going to be ways to do it, if you don't approve then don't join their servers.

I can see why communities do it, because server running costs aren't cheap, donations are an easy way to generate fully or partially the amount of money required to keep the servers online.

Loving this discussion about donations and rewards. There are always going to be ways to do it, if you don't approve then don't join their servers.

I can see why communities do it, because server running costs aren't cheap, donations are an easy way to generate fully or partially the amount of money required to keep the servers online.

Not to mention some return their profits through donations toward those that made everything possible. If they dont, they really should.

Reply's to my butt-hurt comment cause he is. But dose not reply back to "M3Editor2" on what he stole.... cause he has no proof but hates them cause they got a "real" scripter.....

Naw I was busy is all. You know playing the game and such.  I don't hate anyone. 

Another post clearly established Mr Moses as an idiot, just ignore him.

LoL. Now it sounds like you are the one butt hurt.  And FYI do have a server that I run. I have one since the server files were release publicly.  To answer the question in the other thread.