BI speaks out on p2w and donation shops!

Axle

Then why do people still get to have signatures with game tracker information that sell your items via donation stores? I pmed the OP about this but he just ignored it despite the rules stating this.  Seems very laxidazial to give one message out here in the OP, then your message out later in the topic, yet doing nothing to stop actual people that are indeed advertising their servers via signatures, who sell in game items in their  store.

We will remove any post/signature related to advertising for a server that is selling in-game items.  More info

Is this being enforced or not?

Of course, we've been against this since day one; it probably just hasn't been addressed yet.  Believe me though, we've collectively removed, banned or edited hundreds of sigs and members in the past.

Then why do people still get to have signatures with game tracker information that sell your items via donation stores? I pmed the OP about this but he just ignored it despite the rules stating this.  Seems very laxidazial to give one message out here in the OP, then your message out later in the topic, yet doing nothing to stop actual people that are indeed advertising their servers via signatures, who sell in game items in their  store.

We will remove any post/signature related to advertising for a server that is selling in-game items.  More info

Is this being enforced or not?

Good point, as a mod I would like to ask if I'm allowed to remove user signatures that have a pay mall on their website? I know I am able to do it via the moderatorCP I just didn't want to step on any toes. I would be more then happy to police these members that are not following the TOS.

Good point, as a mod I would like to ask if I'm allowed to remove user signatures that have a pay mall on their website? I know I am able to do it via the moderatorCP I just didn't want to step on any toes. I would be more then happy to police these members that are not following the TOS.

Go ham Robio. Release the hounds you sexy sob.

It would remove a problem... but having to pay for each respawn... well that would be the end of it for most players. I paid for Arma 3, and I'm glad Epoch is free... but if it becomes essentially a subscription... I would be long gone along with most of the players I think.

That's a personal standpoint, but I was just throwing in a figure. You could price it so each respawn is, well, whatever.

Either way, there's the scope to run a very competitive, fair, and fun server, on the best equipment the fees could buy. The biggest selling point for me, would be the working admins instead of playing admins.

Go ham Robio. Release the hounds you sexy sob.

If anybody see's someone that doesn't follow the TOS, just PM me. There's almost 20,000 members....

Right on, clear up the rotten eggs

You got it Zed, if you provide them with the proper environment of Admins/Players all helping out in some way shape or form, now thats what i call a community!

Community has kept us alive and will be alive for some time.

Love the community and hope they are getting what they are expecting back in terms of server performance, quality and population.

LIVE LONG EPOCH!!!!

Nothing about donations mentioned in that post.

Yes, I should have been clearer.

The comment you made was about donar shops offering 'perks for donations' would really be sales.  Outright sales were previously banned and some were using donations as pseudo shops.  

The point I was aluding to, albeit poorly, was that the outright sale of items is now ok as long as they abide by certain conditions to clarify that seperation between acceptible donations and acceptable shops.  Maybe the thread title would have been clearer if it were "BI speaks out on p2w, subscriptions, donations and shops!" but either way, no biggie.

I've joined twice and both times witnessed self resurrection within minutes. Hackers or admins, I don't know, but it's put me off joining again.

Unsure as to the situation you experienced, we are very active in spectating red flags but you cant catch everything.

If an admin had revived a player it was because of some type of gameplay error/glitch whatever you would like to call it, we refer to it as getting EPOCHED, but that has been around since A2 :)

Im sorry if you did experience a cheater in the server we try hard to keep a clean environment and with the population we are currently training 3 more to add to our team of Donkey Judges and Sheriffs....

If anything Sky, get in TS if you have any situation like that again and we can get to the bottom of it. Or at least see whom is around you and spec them for a few minutes. Trust me I have caught players red handed doing some fun stuff!

Well as I said before LONG LIVE EPOCH!!!!!!

As Sequisha mentioned before "HE GAVE NO APPROVAL"

Which so far looks like if you run his content "EPOCH MOD" you will have to get approval from "EPOCH MOD" to have a donation store like BIS is going to start allowing on Feb 1st to all on the approved list.

So with no approval from "EPOCH MOD" to BIS, "EPOCH MOD" based servers will not have the opportunity to take advantage of the new BIS rules.

As much as the new rules BIS is setting forth look good and convincing, there are many stipulations and restrictions that you must abide to and to be honest when you look at their wording and descriptions they leave a lot to question and to be even further honest, I am sure that they did this on purpose to develop this system as they move forward.

In other words, lets say someone discusses Uniforms as a donator perk. Its all appearance and should not effect gameplay, well HOLD ON THERE. It does effect gameplay because if a player spawns in with a GHILLIE suit, then he can camo himself better on his run home or back to a battle.

So my point here after this long ramble is............

Sequisha has politely and calmly with regard to everyone's feelings said "NO"

At this time we will have no access to BIS's new rules on monetization.

After that said, I am still ok with this.

LONG LIVE the EPOCH!

Just so you know I'm not trying to stir trouble, here's a historical post I did about one of the incidents.

Well dam I am glad I keep all my logs, I mean its a folder full of files but hey. HappyHobo was in there and I have him on an admin alert list. If he joins into my server, my admins will be alerted to his presence from his IP/GUID/UID if he ever comes back.

Wish I would have known about this back then, I would have handled it then for everyone's sake.

However thank you for the post link and don't forget, I provide a forum as well as TS3 if there are ever any issues.

We have many people that are willing to help out from the community and there is almost always an admin or mod on TS/In-game.

Which so far looks like if you run his content "EPOCH MOD" you will have to get approval from "EPOCH MOD" to have a donation store like BIS is going to start allowing on Feb 1st to all on the approved list.

So with no approval from "EPOCH MOD" to BIS, "EPOCH MOD" based servers will not have the opportunity to take advantage of the new BIS rules.

As much as the new rules BIS is setting forth look good and convincing, there are many stipulations and restrictions that you must abide to and to be honest when you look at their wording and descriptions they leave a lot to question and to be even further honest, I am sure that they did this on purpose to develop this system as they move forward.

In other words, lets say someone discusses Uniforms as a donator perk. Its all appearance and should not effect gameplay, well HOLD ON THERE. It does effect gameplay because if a player spawns in with a GHILLIE suit, then he can camo himself better on his run home or back to a battle.

LONG LIVE the EPOCH!

I think the devs were just worried about whether people would be able to run epoch servers that were monetized without their approval. Now that it was made clear that that is not the case, they just want to make sure everyone follows the correct steps so that no ones rights are infringed on.

As for monetized epoch servers, I don't see why the devs would say no to everyone who applies, as long as they agreed with how the server was going to do it. Selling of Crypto, Build Kits, etc would all be selling of Epoch content and is what every server owner wouldn't want, but there are other setups that may be pretty reasonable.

Would be crap if Epoch didn't have a say in it.

LONG LIVE the EPOCH!

You must have really bad eyesight. If you can't see a gillie suit running or lying down from a distance, expecially from distance, then you should have went to spec savers brosef.

Most players tune down their graphics, so anything past 50 meters grass doesnt render. Sucky way to play, but it's what people do.  (que the nay sayers)

So when you lie down on a hill 300m away thinking you're being super stealthy pro sniper, you really aren't, for anyone who takes a few seconds to scan around his/her enviroment, you're easily spotted.

This goes for all clothes ;)

LONG LIVE the EPOCH!

Kind of a moot point considering all the shops out there with no consequences

Kind of a moot point considering all the shops out there with no consequences

I agree; I don't think BI will pursue communities that are selling things within BI guidelines, but without the 3rd party permission. I just can't see them being fucked about it.

The 3rd party people like Epoch simply won't have the resources to pursue it themselves. They'd probably put pressure on BI, and BI will probably just get pissed off and remove the 3rd party rule.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.