Looking to Sponsor Community

MrGrimm

I currently have a  Dual XEON 5639 server with  24 gigs ram. On that server I have a VPS with 8 gigs ram on a 1000 Mbit Connection. This server is currently doing nothing. Im willing to give this server out to someone who would be willing and able to set it up. I would love it to be an Arma 3 Epoch Chernarus. Other then that all game settings / mods can be up to you. All I ask in return is somewhere on the server mention www.ZombieBattalion.net.  Anything else can be setup for your community and run how you want to. If this is something that interests anyone here please shoot me a PM and we can talk. I have 2 main servers and 4 VPS's and I just don't have the time to manage all of them.

I do require that the person I give access to is very capable of setting things up properly and keeps the VPS neat and not have files scattered all over the place.

Also looking for someone that could possibly help us out with a website. Please PM me if this is something you can help with.

I'll setup your server if you want, doesn't take long and i already have a Chernarus server running.

Websites are easy, get some forum software, maybe a css/html landing page and i can get some exellent hosting for cheap.

PM me or jump on my ts server @ ts.uk-gaming-zone.co.uk

Not looking for free labor at all......I have been gaming since Quake2 and a while back had a very active community with 60+ members. Alot of them have dropped off due to the real world like kids, family, etc. Right now our community is pretty thin and im just looking to help people out. Ive never been in this for the money and never will be. Im just happy if i have people playing on my servers. There is no red flags. I am not a crook and am not too lazy....i just dont have the time. The server will be paid for every month and dont expect anything for it except what i stated in the initial post. I keep my community going now for my 3 kids that game and all the other current members that play with us. Not looking for anything but some populated servers. And if i can help another community by doing so then so be it.

If I was naive I would totally support this.

But I'm not, and all kinds of red flags are waving in front of me.

Can you tell us why you would provide a free service and ask nothing in return?

Ned, I've spoken with the guy and belive he's genuine :)

He has the resources and as a VPS it's seperate from his server instance(s), all he wants is some exposure by asking that the person who runs it to fly his flag by having a sponsor message, makes sense and benefits all parties.

That's the impression i get from him.

Maybe he's just a nice person....or maybe he lacks the skills to get up/keep a server running in tip top shape and wants free labour? Either way I would help set it up but no way am I depending on a stranger for my server and its files

Lol on the internet? no way.

If it looks too good to be true.... it generally is.

All i can say is a massive thanks to MrGrimm who is currently setting up my community's new Arma3 EPOCH server - hosted by him - set up by him and the costs to us of.... nothing! Totally blown away by this guys generous offering of a server but to then set it all up and do that all off his own back when i only met him today is just awesome.

For those who seen this post and thought - this cant be real - it sure was, only goes to show there are peopel out there willing to help when there is nothing in it for them.

All i can say is a massive thanks to MrGrimm who is currently setting up my community's new Arma3 EPOCH server - hosted by him - set up by him and the costs to us of.... nothing! Totally blown away by this guys generous offering of a server but to then set it all up and do that all off his own back when i only met him today is just awesome.

For those who seen this post and thought - this cant be real - it sure was, only goes to show there are peopel out there willing to help when there is nothing in it for them.

Glad i could help out Ron....and glad to have met you as well.

Glad i could help out Ron....and glad to have met you as well.

Talked to my community (have around 75+ players now due to meeting a new group of awesome guys) and was just jumping on here to tell you I would take the server.  Got beat to it lol well enjoy time to break the bank now and build a new dedicated from the ground up!  

Wow Talk about 2 days too late....I have also come across a person that has done this for my small group but I have done all the work...But I have alot of restrictions..Trying for 3 days now to have him copy a file for restarter and still nothing...MrGrimm you are a scholar and a gentleman

Wow Talk about 2 days too late....I have also come across a person that has done this for my small group but I have done all the work...But I have alot of restrictions..Trying for 3 days now to have him copy a file for restarter and still nothing...MrGrimm you are a scholar and a gentleman

Yeah no sense giving someone something with restrictions....that must suck. I just gave them VPS with full access :P