CPU usage after the Hotfix/Arma update

Suppe

hi there,

after the hotfix or the arma update himself is our CPU usage 60 % by only 30 players, before the hotfix/update 30 % by 30 players.

or look here:

Q3c1GNJ.png

in all the logs is nothing to see before the "server fps below 10!"

can anyone confirm this ?  has anyone also the problem ?

I blame the A3 update not Epoch, we run 1 x Epoch server and 2 x Wasteland servers, in the past we rarely hit 60% CPU, after the update we're seeing 90+% CPU usage.

Good old BIS, 1 step forward and 3 back :lol:

ok, maybe it is the arma update self.... yes, that would be nothing new....but if the Wasteland servers show the same cpu usage, than it must be the arma update himself :-(

Did you compared with same arma version?

sorry, what ?

ahhh, i thing he mean we shut try to downgrap back to the old epoch version and than check the cpu usage ?

We also got problems with our CPU.

Former about 50% with one Epoch server (average 40 players). Now 80-100%!

We also have problems after (re)starting the server.

Player are getting "Server not ready Error 02" or have to wait up to 10 minutes till the server has loaded.

"Initialize Epoch.. Please wait" 

The RPT isn't saying anything at all... The error is not even listed...

Do you have similar problems?

My server is using 30-40% more CPU after the ArmA 3 1.38 update, either BIS didn't test correctly (What a suprise) or some new A3 code is clashing with Epoch, I've yet to see any mention of this on the BIS forums, perhaps it only affects Epoch players ? :unsure:

Hopefully Awol will see this and chip in :)

This can be caused by using -enableHT when launching the server. If this isn't the case please report back. If this is the case try removing it and reporting back.

ok... thanks :D we try it... i post then, if it helps.

We also got problems with our CPU.

Former about 50% with one Epoch server (average 40 players). Now 80-100%!

We also have problems after (re)starting the server.

Player are getting "Server not ready Error 02" or have to wait up to 10 minutes till the server has loaded.

"Initialize Epoch.. Please wait" 

The RPT isn't saying anything at all... The error is not even listed...

Do you have similar problems?

the "Server not ready Error 02" is when the server is not ready to load all the storageboxes, shelfs and so on.... if the player load faster then the server, the player get "Server not ready Error 02"..

but i think this has nothing to do with the cpu usage.

This can be caused by using -enableHT when launching the server. If this isn't the case please report back. If this is the case try removing it and reporting back.

ok, we have looked after this, HT is or was not active...   :-(

server fps still down :mellow: we do not know what to do if you just ask google, have lots and lots of server problems after the update arma. So it is not on the hotfix, but the arma update. fu * k BI, we can not now put down to 50 players :mellow:

it is nothing in all of the logs, nothing what specially the server fps could let fall so. have the other server from about 30 players  no bad server fps? we need more info from other full servers.

Well i removed -enableHT and it made no difference, it must be something Epoch related because my Wasteland servers haven't changed, Epoch is just really really greedy,

I removed the hotfix to rule that out, it's something in the ArmA 3 1.38 update but only affecting Epoch

Currently :

Epoch with 20 players using 56% CPU :o

Wasteland with 21 players using 25% CPU :)

1zzjf3b.png

We neither used Fred's DLL nor -enableHT  :wacko:

Before the update we got about 50% CPU usage

Hope BI will fix this soon

hi, how high is your build limit? or how many parts were already set?

We have now checked everything, nothing to see until we started just after a restart with an empty database: D and behold, server fps are good again ...

that's not a good sign, our build limit is at 4500, there have been about 4,000 parts set, was before the update no problem, now the server fps are lower than ever.

this is not good, fu*k BI.... every update is a not good.... this is so sh*t.... we can not be limited to 50 players components and 2500 yet. that would be boring.

i hope there is another solution, BI takes forever until the next update or hotfix.

remove the -malloc call if you use it.

Nope, didn't change anything :unsure: anyone else ?

Servers just restarted, 27 online and the Epoch server.exe is using 52% CPU, Wasteland with 41 online is using 31%

It started with the 1.38 update but only affects Epoch, something is clashing with the code and making it use silly amounts of CPU, I've had to rent another server and move one of the Wasteland servers, we used to have 3 instances and a HC running at around 60%, now it's 2 instances using 95% :(

I saw a discussion between Dwarden and some of the server-admins awhile back about this issue. It seemed like improved CPU-usage is an indended consequence of the "improvements" that the developers did to the client and server-binaries, and I got the impression that the only way around that was for server owners to use some form of CPU-allocation (ie. using core 0-3 to instance 1, and 4 to 8 to instance 2).

Epoch uses more resources when it has more buildables, vehicles, and AI from the getgo, perhaps there's something in one of the later hotfixes also that utilizes a lot of CPU. If it's an Epoch-related issue I'm sure AWOL will be looking into it. I suppose one way to check it out is to roll back to vanilla 0.2.5.2 (if that thing even works with 1.38?)?

I removed the hotfix, I always keep a few files so i can go a step or 3 back as and when needed.

Wasteland though is unaffected and that has sooo much going on, I would imagine more than Epoch has running.

If Wasteland was affected then fair enough it's ArmA, only Epoch is affected though, it shouldn't use more resources than 2 Wasteland servers and with less people online.

Hey! Building limit is set to 20.000.

I dont know how to look up the placed elements.

As you can see we have a strong hosting system so we thought a high building limit would effect the server performance so badly ...

Before the update we also got less to almost nothing laggs.

I really hope that they will be a fix soon. Otherwise we will be forced to lower the building limit, aren't we? :/