Arma3 1.38 Steam Auto Update

Dwarfer

Some of my players are having a problem after the update.  When they start up Arma 3 the game is automatically copying ALL of the files from their @mod folders into their arma3\addons folder without prompt or consent.  I read something in the Arma 3 changelog about the ability to do this, but how do you turn it off?  I looked in the settings and didn't see anything.  

Hey, I have been struggling to get my server running properly after the update. We ended up re-installing everything including the hotfix.I have kept the be filters standard as per the latest server download. I only added the suggested line at the top of the scripts.txt file. 

All normal players are still being kicked for Value Restriction #0 "fyjls" = ["Changed RscDisplayMainMap >> onLoad >> ["onLoad",_this,"RscDiary",'GUI'] call (uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_initDisplay')",0,<NULL-object>,"ovwdqrv"]

Admin's however can play without any problems. I added the "fyjls" variables to the the publicvariables.txt file but it only works until the next restart because these are randomly generated variable names.

When I remove myself from the adminowner group I also get kicked for exactly the same reason. 

The only solution I could find, which is not good at all, was to disable the built in antihack, antihack_Enabled = false;  in the epochAH.hpp file. Now everybody can join obviously but the admins function are now disabled because of it.

This is only temporary until I can find a solution. My server is currently password protected.

I have spent two days trying all suggestions on this an other forums but no luck. I even installed the stock standard epoch.Altis.pbo .

Any suggestions / help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Which update? The Epoch or the Arma update?Almost everyone had no problems with the update. A few had slight hiccups before the epoch hotfix. But other then that , i reconcile it was pretty smooth for most.  BE kick means you didn't update your filters. 

Which update? The Epoch or the Arma update?Almost everyone had no problems with the update. A few had slight hiccups before the epoch hotfix. But other then that , i reconcile it was pretty smooth for most.  BE kick means you didn't update your filters. 

Both the Arma update and the Epoch hotfix. I have updated my filters a couple of times no luck.

publicvariable.txt kick suggests you don't have Bec running with the Watchdog plugin, pointing adding the variable, it changes each restart.

I checked and both BEC and watchdog are running. I'm going to set up another server and take it from there. I have reached a dead-end. epochAH antihack enabled, only admins can join, disabled all can join.

Thanks for your suggestions

The increase in CPU is from the 1.38 patch as we did not do anything major in our hotfix. 

Hey, I have been struggling to get my server running properly after the update. We ended up re-installing everything including the hotfix.I have kept the be filters standard as per the latest server download. I only added the suggested line at the top of the scripts.txt file. 

All normal players are still being kicked for Value Restriction #0 "fyjls" = ["Changed RscDisplayMainMap >> onLoad >> ["onLoad",_this,"RscDiary",'GUI'] call (uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_initDisplay')",0,<NULL-object>,"ovwdqrv"]

Admin's however can play without any problems. I added the "fyjls" variables to the the publicvariables.txt file but it only works until the next restart because these are randomly generated variable names.

When I remove myself from the adminowner group I also get kicked for exactly the same reason. 

The only solution I could find, which is not good at all, was to disable the built in antihack, antihack_Enabled = false;  in the epochAH.hpp file. Now everybody can join obviously but the admins function are now disabled because of it.

This is only temporary until I can find a solution. My server is currently password protected.

I have spent two days trying all suggestions on this an other forums but no luck. I even installed the stock standard epoch.Altis.pbo .

Any suggestions / help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Make sure you update all the files correctly, It was reported that some had this if they did not update the epochah.hpp.

The increase in CPU is from the 1.38 patch as we did not do anything major in our hotfix.

Although true that the high CPU was caused after the 1.38 update, why does it only affect Epoch ?

My Wasteland servers still run the same, Epoch though now uses around 35-40% more CPU, I've also search the BIS forums, KOTH and Life forums, no other mod seems affected.

Although true that the high CPU was caused after the 1.38 update, why does it only affect Epoch ?

My Wasteland servers still run the same, Epoch though now uses around 35-40% more CPU, I've also search the BIS forums, KOTH and Life forums, no other mod seems affected.

That would point to something that was already in the Epoch code prior to the update that calls something which has been altered by the 1.38 patch

Make sure you update all the files correctly, It was reported that some had this if they did not update the epochah.hpp.

Thank you. I have updated Epoch to 0.2.5.2 b and all seems fine again. Previously I used the game server host update function where this time I updated manually. 

@Bc00L

Objects do create an invisible explosion on deleting it. If i stay about 200 metres away, I dont get any damage,

Anyway we vote for removing this feature, I think it's senseless, that an admin is about to die when deleting an object.

@General

Are there any news about our problems with the CPU?

A few days ago I thought that it could be caused by EPM Rcon, although there is a fix in 0.9.9.7, the CPU usage is still 95-100% :/

Beta 0.9.9.7
- General Code Cleanup.
- Added the ability to reload scripts and events at the same time with a single button press.
- Added the ability to clone existing favourites.
- Changed some DNS settings for the global DB and our auto updater.
- Fixed a bug with the Notifications being triggered by admin messages.
- Added the ability to scroll through previously sent chat messages.
- Added country locations of players in the players table.
- Fixed a bug that caused the rcon to run with a 100% CPU Usage. 

Topic

Greez