Lock-On Missles

seeker619

Question

19 answers to this question

I may be mistaken, but I don't think A2A/A2G missiles will lock on to an enemy target in Epoch. I added a AH64D and an Mi24D to the traders as perks for my regular players with a lot of gold to spend. I could buy and sell them, fly them and launch the missiles, but I could not get them to lock on to a target. When I saw an air target on radar it was green indicating friendly. I could not lock ground targets either so I pulled the attack helis from the traders. Can it be done? Yes, because I play on other Epoch/Overpoch servers that have it working.

Like I mentioned in a post up above ^^^^. I don't think you can get missile lock with vanilla Epoch. Those that have it working on their server have done some kind of work around. I'm considering looking at/adding rmod to my Epoch server. I enjoy the militarized Epoch. Some don't and I respect that.

Missile lock works for me sometimes.

Playing OFP/Arma for years I've found that having another member in my group (real player or AI) makes it more reliable.

I have AI recruit on my server and always have an AI with me when I use any kind of missile & it always works.

Sometimes I can also use the action menu to select targets.

Remember Tab only changes target it doesn't select a target...you have to right click or select from action menu first.

Sometimes I'll use AI in a chopper like the UH1Y & have it in manual fire. I can select air or land targets & the AI will aim their guns at target & then I can manually fire.

Bombs of course require a laser designator to get a target...

Hope this helps a little.

You can target friendly aircraft. Just right click on the target.

Hire your self an AI & put him in gunner seat and use manual fire.

Works good for me.

Also, when you have an AI with you, use backspace & ~ then choose target option in action menu...fool around with that & see what you can target...

That helps a lot Hux. I'm trying to get the AI Recruit to work, but no joy so far. I'm using the later server side version. It's a simple install, but I don't get a map marker for the AI trader and when I look at my RPT there is no indication that AI Recruit is running or has even started. Anyway, I'll join my server and see how it works for me without the AI. Thanks for the help.

:)

You need a gunner with you in an apache to lock on. The pilot or the gunner can lock on for the gunner but only if you have a gunner. Only some of the jets allow the pilot to lock on and fire without a gunner.

Yep, I've got to get the AI Recruit script working or use something like rMod.

Yep, I've got to get the AI Recruit script working or use something like rMod.

I dont think you need rmod. Correct me if Im wrong, rmod just enables miltiarized vehicles to be used on the server. If you're running epoch, all of that is already enabled, you just need to add the vehicles to the dynamic vehicle list or traders.  Adding a mod like RMOD will kill your server because it requires every client who wants to play on your server to download it.

I dont think you need rmod. Correct me if Im wrong, rmod just enables miltiarized vehicles to be used on the server. If you're running epoch, all of that is already enabled, you just need to add the vehicles to the dynamic vehicle list or traders.  Adding a mod like RMOD will kill your server because it requires every client who wants to play on your server to download it.

Your right. I don't have any problem adding military vehicles to the database/traders. Using the guided missiles has been the challenge. I hope I can get AI Recruit running this weekend. I'm sure that the anti-hack requires an exception for that.

Your right. I don't have any problem adding military vehicles to the database/traders. Using the guided missiles has been the challenge. I hope I can get AI Recruit running this weekend. I'm sure that the anti-hack requires an exception for that.

What exactly has been a challenge about it? I dont understand. Maybe your controls are messed up? Guided missiles just work, nothing special needs to be done. You just need a gunner.