A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

@Xatu: Custom vehicles won't spawn if players are too close to the spawn location (< 300m) to avoid cases of instant engagement upon spawning. Repeat attempts will be made until a location is found that contains no players within 300m.

@Humpabry: Spawning on buildings is specifically avoided because AI are prone to falling off rooftops, especially in cases where they spawn on an edge or a non-flat surface.

@Xatu: Custom vehicles won't spawn if players are too close to the spawn location (< 300m) to avoid cases of instant engagement upon spawning. Repeat attempts will be made until a location is found that contains no players within 300m.

@Humpabry: Spawning on buildings is specifically avoided because AI are prone to falling off rooftops, especially in cases where they spawn on an edge or a non-flat surface.

thats cool just loving the ai anyways..thank for the script man keep up the good work !

also the climb buoildings to shoot you anyways so thats good stuff

thats cool just loving the ai anyways..thank for the script man keep up the good work !

also the climb buoildings to shoot you anyways so thats good stuff

Thanks, just be aware that the custom spawn features are A3EAI's weaker features since I focus more towards the static/dynamic/random spawns. Good to see the custom spawns are working out for you.

Is it possible to use non lethal heli's instead of the ones with guns. I like to have them in the sky but only for the ambiance. If it's possible, what needs changing in the A3EAI_config.sqf ?

Many thanks again for this Face ;)

You could change out your heli classnames for unarmed versions or just select zero for the armed ones in the existing config.

I notice there is a way of blacklisting areas from AI activity, is it only possible to do it by town name? The spawn areas don't have names though do they? (specifically the standard Chernarus ones).

Also, is there a way of getting AI to see player built structures so they can't walk through walls/gates etc.

Great work by the way, I've been wanting patrolling heli AI back in the game :D

The mod is going great already edited the config to suit the server, going well so far.  I will upload a Video of them in action if i can?

Videos of A3EAI would be amazing. When I was developing DZAI, I've always searched YouTube for videos with DZAI in action. It often helps me see things from a player's perspective and helps development along.

Also A3EAI 0.1.5 alpha will be released soon with some more fixes.

@Incsy: Use the ArmA3 editor and spawn vehicles to find their classnames. I don't know of an easy way to check their armed status other than actually getting into the vehicle and checking manually.

In the editor you'll first have to place down any unit. Double click on the map again to get the Insert Unit dialogue box shown below, then select "Empty" for Side, and "Air" for Class. Then you can see every available air vehicle along with their classname on the upper right corner.

0pTJyC7.png

@Incsy: Use the ArmA3 editor and spawn vehicles to find their classnames. I don't know of an easy way to check their armed status other than actually getting into the vehicle and checking manually.

In the editor you'll first have to place down any unit. Double click on the map again to get the Insert Unit dialogue box shown below, then select "Empty" for Side, and "Air" for Class. Then you can see every available air vehicle along with their classname on the upper right corner.

But is there not specific vehicles that can only be used in A3 Epoch?

Epoch doesn't ban any vehicles as far as I know, there are BE kicks if players use non-Epoch vehicles (correct me if I'm wrong) but AI are exempt from this. If you want only vehicles that are spawned by Epoch normally then you would need to check your server's epochconfig.hpp instead.

Updated A3EAI to 0.1.5 alpha version

Changelog:

• [NEW] Auto-generated static spawns can be disabled by location category by setting spawn chance to 0 or by setting maximum and minimum amount of AI to 0 each.
  • [FIXED] Fixed an issue caused by disabling dynamic uniform classnames.
  • [CHANGED] Auto-generated static spawns now only use buildings of suitable size as potential spawn positions. (This may cause a small decrease in number of spawns created).
  • [CHANGED] Improved player-to-AI line-of-sight checks for static/dynamic/random spawns.
  • [CHANGED] AI loot-searching behavior now targets only Epoch animated loot objects.

Link to A3EAI Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI