A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

The UAVs work on the same principle as the AI helicopters: Arrive at a destination, then move in low and slow for a certain distance while scanning for nearby players, then leave the area while returning to normal flying height and speed. "Always-on" detection is not used due to performance concerns, since 99% of the time there are no players nearby as UAVs/helis travel between waypoint to waypoint.

As the config comments say, the UAVs/UGVs are still very much a work and progress and their roles/purpose still aren't clearly defined. The eventual goal is to let UAVs/UGVs work with infantry AI as a team.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

A3EAI updated to 0.9.1 to introduce some needed fixes and changes. Update at: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Changelog:

A3EAI 0.9.1

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: Yes
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: No
A3EAI Client Addon update required: No

Note: The above requirements assume you are upgrading between each released version. If you have skipped any versions, it is highly recommended to update all installed parts.

[Added] Added option to disable collision damage to AI units caused by player vehicles.
[Fixed] Reduced nearest enemy check distance to allow anti-stuck routines for vehicle AI to work as intended.
[Fixed] Issue introduced in Arma 3 1.50 that caused some legitimate AI kills to be incorrectly detected as collision kills.
[Changed] AI units in non-hostile mode now revert to hostile mode once a group member is killed.
[Changed] Only AI units in hostile mode are now able to use killer-finder behavior.
[Changed] Vehicle waypoint blacklists no longer cause vehicle AI to become non-hostile.

Getting these error either since updating A3EAI or to Epoch 0.3.3.0 (not sure which, since they were done at the same time)...

6:25:20 Error in expression <igger call A3EAI_cancelRandomSpawn;
if (A3XAI_debugLevel > 0) then {
diag_log _e>
 6:25:20   Error position: <A3XAI_debugLevel > 0) then {
diag_log _e>
 6:25:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: a3xai_debuglevel
 6:25:20 File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_unit_spawning\A3EAI_spawnUnits_random.sqf, line 110

Thanks in advance for any help :)  Love this mod btw!

Edited by blue00

Need an assist please verify with setup of HC.. instructions show edits of mission.sqm.. 

I'm using Chernarus , the instructions say look for class Item99 at about 2019, well this one as I'm sure many know only goes to 50, and class item100 at the top.
I would then have to assume that this would be my Item99 since the altis map sqm does have the item99 that it should be what ever the last item is as I did here .. 

class Item50
        {
            side = "CIV";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items = 1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[] = {1020.2125,5.822347,2025.4847};
                    azimut = 153.62447;
                    special = "NONE";
                    id = 50;
                    side = "CIV";
                    vehicle = "V
                }
            }
        }
        class Item100
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={1020.2125,5.822347,2025.4847};
                    special="NONE";
                    id=100;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="HeadlessClient_F";
                    player = "PLAY CDG";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    text="HC";
                    forceHeadlessClient = 1;
                };
            };
        }

I'm checking the mission.sqm for Chernarus right now, and it goes up to Item99. Make sure you're in the section where the "VirtualMan_EPOCH" objects are being defined.

For your Item50 there is something fishy going on in one of those lines (along with a number of missing semicolons):

vehicle = "V

If that is really how it is in your mission.sqm (and not a copy-paste error) then something went wrong when you decrypted your mission.sqm.

Edited by Face

Ok maybe Im doing something wrong .. in eliteness I see has 99 .. but if I derapify and save it so can edit in notepad ++ it only shows 50 .. maybe Im doing something wrong .. it wont let me edit in eliteness .. so what is the proper way to edit the file after derapify

Ok .. saw another post with same issues .. and this was posted with already derapified by vbawol https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/tree/master/Sources/mpmissions

Probably wouldn't hurt to but this ling in the pdf , since Im not the only one has happend to :)

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

Should one do then Addons, A3EAI_config.sqf, A3EAI_custom_defs.sqf in then @EpochHive ordner?

or is not that Wrong there I so well english even German can am I must go between a timewise translator must be of use around what to understand.

If you're trying to install A3EAI, then these are all the instructions you will need

1. Open "1. Installation Package"

2. Press CTRL+A

3. Press CTRL+C

4. Open your server's @EpochHive folder

5. Press CTRL+V

6. Replace all files if asked.

I have ai working fine, just trying to setup headless client .. per your instructions.. Not going so well .. I get kicked off and it drops me from steam when I join the server.
That was the reason I needed to modify the mission.sqm in the first place.. not just to install the ai .. obviously there is more to hc than what is given in the pdf

I have ai working fine, just trying to setup headless client .. per your instructions.. Not going so well .. I get kicked off and it drops me from steam when I join the server.
That was the reason I needed to modify the mission.sqm in the first place.. not just to install the ai .. obviously there is more to hc than what is given in the pdf

Hello, not to be a bother, but I've got another little error happening  xD

6:10:51 Error in expression <rue};
if ((_slot isEqualTo 2) && {_unit canAddItemToBackpack _item}) exitWith {_>
 6:10:51   Error position: <canAddItemToBackpack _item}) exitWith {_>
 6:10:51   Error canadditemtobackpack: Type Number, expected String
 6:10:51 File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_utilities\A3EAI_addItem.sqf, line 7 

6:48:36 Error in expression <m 3);
if ((_slot isEqualTo 0) && {_unit canAddItemToUniform _item}) exitWith {_u>
 6:48:36   Error position: <canAddItemToUniform _item}) exitWith {_u>
 6:48:36   Error canadditemtouniform: Type Number, expected String
 6:48:36 File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_utilities\A3EAI_addItem.sqf, line 5

Anything I should be worried about? Thanks again. 

Edited by blue00

Hello, not to be a bother, but I've got another little error happening  xD

6:10:51 Error in expression <rue};
if ((_slot isEqualTo 2) && {_unit canAddItemToBackpack _item}) exitWith {_>
 6:10:51   Error position: <canAddItemToBackpack _item}) exitWith {_>
 6:10:51   Error canadditemtobackpack: Type Number, expected String
 6:10:51 File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_utilities\A3EAI_addItem.sqf, line 7 

6:48:36 Error in expression <m 3);
if ((_slot isEqualTo 0) && {_unit canAddItemToUniform _item}) exitWith {_u>
 6:48:36   Error position: <canAddItemToUniform _item}) exitWith {_u>
 6:48:36   Error canadditemtouniform: Type Number, expected String
 6:48:36 File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_utilities\A3EAI_addItem.sqf, line 5

Anything I should be worried about? Thanks again. 

This is an issue that only affects dynamic AI loot, but won't affect anything else. It will be corrected in the next update (hopefully soon) along with other fixes.

"Soon" = now.

The last update may have been 3 days ago, but the changes and fixes made since then are important enough for another update.

As usual, you can find the latest A3EAI update on Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

A3EAI 0.9.2

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: Yes
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes
A3EAI Client Addon update required: No

Note: The above requirements assume you are upgrading between each released version. If you have skipped any versions, it is highly recommended to update all installed parts.

[Changed] Collision damage against AI units is now disabled by default.
[Changed] Loot-searching and player-searching behavior of AI infantry units is now limited to area within their patrol radius.
[Changed] AI will be ordered to return to their spawn center if they cross into areas designated as "no aggro" (player spawn areas).
[Changed] Patrol radius for auto-generated static spawns limited to 300m (previously unlimited, depending on location size).
[Changed] Reduced radius for blacklist areas around player spawn areas.
[Fixed] Reworked air vehicle damage handler to work as intended. Tip: Ghost Hawk helicopter remains as tough to take down as ever.
[Fixed] Fixed collision damage immunity for AI units.
[Fixed] Ejection for dead AI units of air vehicles.
[Fixed] Loot generation for dynamic-spawn AI units.

Hi!

We've got problems with revived players which where killed by A3EAI AIs. After the players were revived they are taking no damage from AIs of A3AI (Epoch UAV bots still making damage). Players have to relog everytime to fix that.

Anybody else got this problem or knows how to fix it? 

Hi!

We've got problems with revived players which where killed by A3EAI AIs. After the players were revived they are taking no damage from AIs of A3AI (Epoch UAV bots still making damage). Players have to relog everytime to fix that.

Anybody else got this problem or knows how to fix it? 

Was this prior to today's epoch update and the new release from face ??  If you dont have the new 0.3.3.1 of epoch and 9.2 of A3EAI I would suggest doing that first . 
And Then if still happens I would post to the 
https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch  and add the issue there as well.

Was this prior to today's epoch update and the new release from face ??  If you dont have the new 0.3.3.1 of epoch and 9.2 of A3EAI I would suggest doing that first . And Then if still happens I would post to the https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch  and add the issue there as well.

We had this problem with older Epoch an older A3EAI versions too. 

AI walking through buildings and other objects is a well known Arma 2/3 bug. A3EAI doesn't micromanage AI behavior, meaning it tells AI where to go, but not how to do it. So there's no easy way to fix it like "unit walkThroughWalls false" (and no, no such command exists).

Epoch's antagonists may have a better chance of being fixed since there is more micromanaging of AI behavior. But this is all subject to how quickly the Epoch AI scripts "detect" building surfaces and respond to them.