A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

I just copied from the editor. 

Where i have to set the ] ?

["Sektor B ",[22586.9,19796.7,1.00143862],2000,40,3,true,1600] call A3EAI_createCustomSpawn;
13:54:36 Error in expression <0 = [40,0,2000,thisTrigger,3,Sektor B ] call A3EAI_spawnBandits_custom;>
13:54:36   Error position: <B ] call A3EAI_spawnBandits_custom;>
13:54:36   Error Missing ]

Works good but after testing some AI are extremely hard to kill and seems 80% of them are wearing wet suits.  By hard to kill I don't mean they are aim-bots I mean me and 2 buddies unloaded 50 rounds of 7.62 into one before it actually dropped.  Overall great mod addition the new AI are very fun and I look forward to your continued development on this mod.

I just copied from the editor. 

Where i have to set the ] ?

["Sektor B ",[22586.9,19796.7,1.00143862],2000,40,3,true,1600] call A3EAI_createCustomSpawn;
13:54:36 Error in expression <0 = [40,0,2000,thisTrigger,3,Sektor B ] call A3EAI_spawnBandits_custom;>
13:54:36   Error position: <B ] call A3EAI_spawnBandits_custom;>
13:54:36   Error Missing ]

I'm looking into this and will put up a fix shortly.

Works good but after testing some AI are extremely hard to kill and seems 80% of them are wearing wet suits.  By hard to kill I don't mean they are aim-bots I mean me and 2 buddies unloaded 50 rounds of 7.62 into one before it actually dropped.  Overall great mod addition the new AI are very fun and I look forward to your continued development on this mod.

A3EAI simply takes a list of uniforms from the Epoch loot tables. There are 10 male and 12 female uniforms available, and most of the female uniforms are wetsuits, so statistically that's what you'll see the most. If AI seem to be hard to kill, it could simply be a case of server delay. I've always been able to take down AI from medium-to-ludicrous ranges with a few shots from any pistol.

Updates made:

• A3EAI (version 0.1.2 Alpha): Fixed issue with custom spawn creation reported by Xatu
  • A3EAI Editor Tool (1.0.1): Fixed typo that prevented teleport action

As a friendly reminder: Short RPT log pastes (4 lines or less) can be posted in Code tags. For pastes larger than that, please use Pastebin to share log samples.

Link to A3EAI Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

seems to be working great on panthera map. tp'd to an airfield got jumped by 6AI took them all out and had another 6 come at me in the next ten minutes. Dont think the AI are to hard but may need to trim down the amount a little. will know for sure when i get a few hours to play it. great work and thank you

Just tried to throw this on Chernarus and I'm getting this error:

9:49:18 "[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.1.1 Alpha using base path A3EAI."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."
 9:49:18 Warning Message: Script A3EAI\custom_spawn_config\world_chernarus.sqf not found
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 2. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: chernarus. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: false. Dynamic: true. Random: true. Air: false. Land: false."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.0430012 seconds."
 9:49:19 "A3EAI Debug: A3EAI Startup is running required script files..."

I looked in the PBO and there is no custom_spawn_config folder.  Are the world coords and such not set for Chernarus?  Seems odd that it would work fine on Bornholm and not Chernarus.

Just tried to throw this on Chernarus and I'm getting this error:

9:49:18 "[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.1.1 Alpha using base path A3EAI."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."
 9:49:18 Warning Message: Script A3EAI\custom_spawn_config\world_chernarus.sqf not found
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 2. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: chernarus. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: false. Dynamic: true. Random: true. Air: false. Land: false."
 9:49:18 "[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.0430012 seconds."
 9:49:19 "A3EAI Debug: A3EAI Startup is running required script files..."

I looked in the PBO and there is no custom_spawn_config folder.  Are the world coords and such not set for Chernarus?  Seems odd that it would work fine on Bornholm and not Chernarus.

The problem is that I didn't add proper handling for cases where the the auto static spawns were disabled. For now, if you want to have static spawns disabled without errors (it's a harmless error), enable A3EAI_autoGenerateStatic but disable A3EAI_staticAI. The reason for both of those options existing is because I had originally planned on adding a spawn config pack for A2 maps.

working on the client addon please help where do i place this code?

_nul = [] execVM "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

the init.sqf file

if (isServer) then {

fn_getBuildingstospawnLoot = compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "LSpawner\fn_LSgetBuildingstospawnLoot.sqf";
LSdeleter = compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "LSpawner\LSdeleter.sqf";
execVM "LSpawner\Lootspawner.sqf";
};

//Simple Mission
if(hasInterface)then{execVM "semClient.sqf"};

// Welcome Credits
[] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoadInit.sqf";
[] execVM "scripts\welcome.sqf";
[] execVM "scripts\statusBar.sqf";
playMusic "cat";

if (!isDedicated) then {
"VEMFChatMsg" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
systemChat ((_this select 1) select 0);
[
[
[((_this select 1) select 0),"align = 'center' size = '1' font=PuristaBold'],
["","
"],
[((_this select 1) select 1),"align = 'center' size = '0.5'"]
]
] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2;
VEMFChatMsg = nil;
};
};

working on the client addon please help where do i place this code?

_nul = [] execVM "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

the init.sqf file

if (isServer) then {

fn_getBuildingstospawnLoot = compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "LSpawner\fn_LSgetBuildingstospawnLoot.sqf";

LSdeleter = compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "LSpawner\LSdeleter.sqf";

execVM "LSpawner\Lootspawner.sqf";

};

//Simple Mission

if(hasInterface)then{execVM "semClient.sqf"};

// Welcome Credits

[] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoadInit.sqf";

[] execVM "scripts\welcome.sqf";

[] execVM "scripts\statusBar.sqf";

playMusic "cat";

if (!isDedicated) then {

"VEMFChatMsg" addPublicVariableEventHandler {

systemChat ((_this select 1) select 0);

[

[

[((_this select 1) select 0),"align = 'center' size = '1' font=PuristaBold'],

["","

"],

[((_this select 1) select 1),"align = 'center' size = '0.5'"]

]

] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2;

VEMFChatMsg = nil;

};

};

Sorry, that readme file was wrongly included. Please follow the instructions inside this file instead: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dayzai/A3EAI/master/2.%20Client%20Addon/readme.txt

You will need to add the line quoted in the readme to either the very top or very bottom of your init.sqf.

The problem is that I didn't add proper handling for cases where the the auto static spawns were disabled. For now, if you want to have static spawns disabled without errors (it's a harmless error), enable A3EAI_autoGenerateStatic but disable A3EAI_staticAI. The reason for both of those options existing is because I had originally planned on adding a spawn config pack for A2 maps.

That fix works.  But the error is not harmless (at least in my case), since it puts the server in a loop on startup with the error displaying over and over and the server will not start the rest of the way.

A3EAI updated to 0.1.3 to remove support for the unreleased spawn config pack and to simplify static AI toggle into the A3EAI_autoGenerateStatic option. This update is not needed if you intend to keep static AI enabled.

Also, I will be making use of the Releases page (https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI/releases) to list all releases of A3EAI. If you see that A3EAI has been updated very recently (less than an hour ago) I recommend you use the Releases page instead. I may have made an error during the latest commit and am probably scrambling to fix it before anyone downloads the master.zip.

Do you have planned the ability for players to do static weapons crates in addition to the static AI spawning?  I have a custom area on Bornholm I created as an AI base for players to assault.  Would be nice to place a crate or two there with random items for players to loot as a reward for clearing the area.  

Hi Face,

im very interested in how you crate dynamic weapon / ammo item lists as im working on something similar for a loot spawning system that adds dynamically all addons and maps. If you dont mind i kindly ask to probably use some code (if needed) with credits 

The .sqf files that A3EAI uses to read the loot tables are located in Addons/A3EAI/scripts. The files themselves have the naming convention A3EAI_build[itemtype]List.sqf

Any way to define what skins will be worn by the AI?

Everything is in the A3EAI_config.sqf. Take a good look at the dynamic classname section.

Do you have planned the ability for players to do static weapons crates in addition to the static AI spawning?  I have a custom area on Bornholm I created as an AI base for players to assault.  Would be nice to place a crate or two there with random items for players to loot as a reward for clearing the area.  

Unfortunately no. A3EAI is a strictly AI-only addon. If you have the scripting knowledge, you can write the code to spawn in a crate and add the contents and paste the code into your A3EAI_custom_defs.sqf. If you don't, try checking out any AI mission system that spawns crates and try to adapt the code responsible for spawning crates.

Very well done so far!

But one thing: Heli-patrol:

When the heli is shot down, it crashes in the ground... BUT: the soldiers inside fall to the ground, but they´re still alive, some of them still have the "helicopter animation".

If it's possible, can you use Pastebin to attach your RPT log that includes everything that happened during the heli encounter? Preferably with as high debug level as your server can tolerate. The air vehicle patrols were pretty much ported straight from DZAI and I didn't have much time to debug them as much as I would have liked. Thanks. My guess is that the crew units tried to eject due to heavy damage to their heli, but since A3 requires parachute backpacks to jump out safely, they simply fall out. And because physics damage is disabled for A3EAI units, they manage to survive the fall.

@Everyone: RPT log samples (with debug level 1 or 2 - higher is better...) detailing heli destruction events (crashes, ejections, landings, etc) are extremely valuable to me at the moment. If you have any debug output to share, please use Pastebin to store your log samples and add as much of the log as you can. Don't matter if it's the whole log, as long as it's Pastebinned. If you don't want to share your logs publicly on the forums, feel free to PM them to me instead.

Thanks.

so for example like the dzai is this how custom spawns would work?

_this = createTrigger ["group1", [6475.04, 14087.7, 0]];
    _this setTriggerArea [600, 600, 0, false];
    _this setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", true];
    _this setTriggerTimeout [10, 15, 20, true];
    _this setTriggerText "HanEnt1";
    _this setTriggerStatements ["{isPlayer _x} count thisList > 0;", "0 = [4,1,20,thisTrigger,['HanEnt1],2] call fnc_spawnBandits;", "0 = [thisTrigger] spawn fnc_despawnBandits;"];
    _trigger_500 = _this;

this is a copy/paste and just to get the rough idea :)

thank you