A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

18 hours ago, ScaRR said:

I am also running the two addons. I am currently investigating this myself so I will let you know when I find a solution. It has to do with setting the zombies as enemies of the AI. As far as I know if you are using the zombies mod without the Civilian Occupation System then you can specify which sides are enemies of the zombies. E.g. BLUEFOR, OPFOR, Independant etc.

Thanks for the reply. I too will be spending some time digging through both the mod and addon to see if you can configure the sides of both groups to where they fight one another. I too will let you know if I figure out what the dealio is with the two just ignoring one another. I read somewhere online that it might have something to do with the zombies not being client side? Idk if thats true or not, but I feel that the way zombies are setup via the mod (modules and what not) are irrelevant to the roaming ai not being able to detect the zombies. They are objects that are spawned within the mission.sqm. I too agree that it will most likely have something to do with the sides the zombies and or the ai are being placed on. As far as I know, the ai are not put on any side from what I can tell in the addon files. So theoretically, if you were to force the ai onto a side, would that mean that the zombies would see them? If that were the case I would think you would have to force the ai to the civilian side in order for the ai to attack players and zombies and then the zombies would just attack everyone. Or is that incorrect from what you know?

1 hour ago, SirCannibal said:

Thanks for the reply. I too will be spending some time digging through both the mod and addon to see if you can configure the sides of both groups to where they fight one another. I too will let you know if I figure out what the dealio is with the two just ignoring one another. I read somewhere online that it might have something to do with the zombies not being client side? Idk if thats true or not, but I feel that the way zombies are setup via the mod (modules and what not) are irrelevant to the roaming ai not being able to detect the zombies. They are objects that are spawned within the mission.sqm. I too agree that it will most likely have something to do with the sides the zombies and or the ai are being placed on. As far as I know, the ai are not put on any side from what I can tell in the addon files. So theoretically, if you were to force the ai onto a side, would that mean that the zombies would see them? If that were the case I would think you would have to force the ai to the civilian side in order for the ai to attack players and zombies and then the zombies would just attack everyone. Or is that incorrect from what you know?

The AI are configured to be the resistance side in the globaldefines.hpp file

#define AI_GROUP_SIDE resistance //A3EAI

I don't the think the server side / client side thing is an issue. I used one of the other zombie addons and there the zobies even attacked each other. So currently the zombies and the AI are on the same side. Making the AI civilian may result in them not attacking the players but making the zombies might.

I haven't had a chance to go through it but I think this might help 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Side_relations

This might be the way to do it. Setting the rating of the zombies to -2000. They might even start attacking each other. Will have to test. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addRating

3 hours ago, ScaRR said:

The AI are configured to be the resistance side in the globaldefines.hpp file

#define AI_GROUP_SIDE resistance //A3EAI

I don't the think the server side / client side thing is an issue. I used one of the other zombie addons and there the zobies even attacked each other. So currently the zombies and the AI are on the same side. Making the AI civilian may result in them not attacking the players but making the zombies might.

I haven't had a chance to go through it but I think this might help 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Side_relations

This might be the way to do it. Setting the rating of the zombies to -2000. They might even start attacking each other. Will have to test. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addRating

I understand. Well I'm currently testing your ideas and so far I haven't gotten anything yet. I set the zombies rating to -2050 and they began to ignore both opfor and blufor so idk what that is all about. I'm thinking that there has to be a way to switch the ai to another side in order for this to work out. I'll play around with it and let you know. Oh and the rating setting, I simply added the code you showed me from the second link, with a few tweaks of course to match the variable the zombies are grouped by, and put it in the zombies.sqf in ryanzombies.pbo. Seemed an appropriate spot, but like I said they just began to ignore everything. Hope you have better luck than I do on finding a solution to this. Would be awesome if this would work appropriately.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a copy of a3eai from here: https://github.com/82ndab-Bravo17/A3EAI

I've tried many different uniform combinations by I always end up with at least one guy in his underwear. I am using "generateDynamicUniforms = 0;" with these settings:

uniformTypes0[] = {"U_IG_Guerilla1_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_2","U_IG_Guerilla2_3","U_IG_Guerilla3_1","U_IG_Guerilla3_2"};
    uniformTypes1[] = {"U_IG_Guerilla1_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_2","U_IG_Guerilla2_3","U_IG_Guerilla3_1","U_IG_Guerilla3_2"};
    uniformTypes2[] = {"U_IG_Guerilla1_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_2","U_IG_Guerilla2_3","U_IG_Guerilla3_1","U_IG_Guerilla3_2"};
    uniformTypes3[] = {"U_IG_Guerilla1_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_2","U_IG_Guerilla2_3","U_IG_Guerilla3_1","U_IG_Guerilla3_2"};

I don't see anything wrong with those uniforms. They are all "Independent" uniforms. Am I including a uniform that isn't allowed? Even with debug set to 2, there's no errors indicating a problem with the uniform.

In your config.cpp check these values

//Probabilities to equip uniform, according to AI level.
    addUniformChance0 = 1;
    addUniformChance1 = 1;
    addUniformChance2 = 1;
    addUniformChance3 = 1;

//Probabilities to equip backpack, according to AI level.
    addBackpackChance0 = 1;
    addBackpackChance1 = 1;
    addBackpackChance2 = 1;
    addBackpackChance3 = 1;

//Probabilities to equip vest, according to AI level.
    addVestChance0 = 1;
    addVestChance1 = 1;
    addVestChance2 = 1;
    addVestChance3 = 1;

//Probabilities to equip headgear, according to AI level.
    addHeadgearChance0 = 1;
    addHeadgearChance1 = 1;
    addHeadgearChance2 = 1;
    addHeadgearChance3 = 1;

this will give AI a 100% chance to have gear

2 minutes ago, arc7r7 said:

In your config.cpp check these values

//Probabilities to equip uniform, according to AI level.
    addUniformChance0 = 1;
    addUniformChance1 = 1;
    addUniformChance2 = 1;
    addUniformChance3 = 1;

//Probabilities to equip backpack, according to AI level.
    addBackpackChance0 = 1;
    addBackpackChance1 = 1;
    addBackpackChance2 = 1;
    addBackpackChance3 = 1;

//Probabilities to equip vest, according to AI level.
    addVestChance0 = 1;
    addVestChance1 = 1;
    addVestChance2 = 1;
    addVestChance3 = 1;

//Probabilities to equip headgear, according to AI level.
    addHeadgearChance0 = 1;
    addHeadgearChance1 = 1;
    addHeadgearChance2 = 1;
    addHeadgearChance3 = 1;

this will give AI a 100% chance to have gear

Ah yes, I did see that section but forgot about it. I don't know why you'd want less than a 100% chance for the AI to have a uniform... 

hey guys

I'm back to Epoch after another one of my couple month breaks. I was using this script earlier and would love to have it back on. just came upon this thread and noticed the title!

I understand it is "discontinued" as in no longer actively developed and/or supported by the original author but can a kind soul please let me know is this script "not working" with latest Epoch for any reason?

if there are major issues what are they?
and what alternative roaming AI script are you using today?

thanks

17 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

It works just fine as far as I can tell. I'm using it on my server. If you Google a3eai github, you'll find at least one person that has put it on Github for download.

thanks man, you're helpful as ever.
I'll re-install the local server tonight with an intention to go back and finish my taxi&bus script - and add this script at some point to actually sit down & play. cheers

• 2 months later...
On 12/24/2015 at 7:39 AM, Grahame said:

You have the wrong version of the program.

nachtmasse kindly provided a copy of the latest files for A3EAI on a post on the last page...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/xmwwev

Remove the files you installed in @epochhive. Extract the zip you download and follow the installation instructions you find in it. Easy install and works like a dream!

Hey all, i've been struggling with this one all night.   :Script @epochhive/A3EAI_config.sqf not found.

I have reinstalled numerous times following the instructions, still no good. I have spent time going over what i could have got wrong but cant seem to get it working.

Has there been other changes since the last post that may have changed things?

Or if i can get some advice on what is the best Ai mission system that people like. 

On 7/16/2016 at 2:23 PM, waynewr said:

Hey all, i've been struggling with this one all night.   :Script @epochhive/A3EAI_config.sqf not found.

I have reinstalled numerous times following the instructions, still no good. I have spent time going over what i could have got wrong but cant seem to get it working.

Has there been other changes since the last post that may have changed things?

Or if i can get some advice on what is the best Ai mission system that people like. 

HI, you probably have an old version of the code. Here is a link to the last version

https://github.com/Cavadus/A3EAI-Continued

2 hours ago, waynewr said:

Cheers, i'll try it out

Server is running but 3AEAI wont load, I'm not getting the "sqf not found " message, but watching the console log i see the 3AEAI directory is not being seen.

Is it a case of adding something to the server.init.sqf ?

No, you should just add @A3EAI to your server mods on the command line. What is the actual error? And what is listed in the RPT when the server tries installing the mods early on. Note that the two PBOs (A3EAI.pbo and A3EAI_config.pbo) go in @A3EAI/addons folder in the ARMA root, not in @epochhive

1 hour ago, Grahame said:

No, you should just add @A3EAI to your server mods on the command line. What is the actual error? And what is listed in the RPT when the server tries installing the mods early on. Note that the two PBOs (A3EAI.pbo and A3EAI_config.pbo) go in @A3EAI/addons folder in the ARMA root, not in @epochhive

Hey G. 

I'm not actually getting an error come up anymore, after updating with the link supplied by  ScaRR.

@A3EAI is in the command line and the two PBOs (A3EAI.pbo and A3EAI_config.pbo) are in @A3EAI/addons folder. Watching the server start in the console i see where it lists the mod's and it shows it as not found. everything else runs fine.

Ryan's Zombies & Demons | @Ryanzombies | false | GAME DIR | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxx | D:\TCAFiles\Users\waynew\12782\@Ryanzombies

6:55:52 CUP Weapons 1.7.0 | @CUP_Weapons | false | GAME DIR | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxx | D:\TCAFiles\Users\waynew\12782\@CUP_Weapons

6:55:52 CUP Vehicles 1.7.0 | @CUP_Vehicles | false | GAME DIR | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxx | D:\TCAFiles\Users\waynew\12782\@CUP_Vehicles

6:55:52 CUP Units 1.7.0 | @CUP_Units | false | GAME DIR | |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxxx  | D:\TCAFiles\Users\waynew\12782\@CUP_Units

6:55:52 Community Base Addons v3.0.0 | @CBA_A3 | false | GAME DIR |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |xxxxxxxxxxxx  | D:\TCAFiles\Users\waynew\12782\@CBA_A3

6:55:52 @A3EAI | @A3EAI | false | NOT FOUND

Having said that i have just noticed that its saying the CUP Weapon and Vehicles mods are running 1.7.0 version, when i have installed 1.7.1 and checking my server keys 1.7.1 is running on the server. 

1 hour ago, waynewr said:

Having said that i have just noticed that its saying the CUP Weapon and Vehicles mods are running 1.7.0 version, when i have installed 1.7.1 and checking my server keys 1.7.1 is running on the server. 

Yeah, that's definitely an issue. Your server wasn't recently migrated was it, changing the instance numbers (which are used for both REDIS and file system path)?

20 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Yeah, that's definitely an issue. Your server wasn't recently migrated was it, changing the instance numbers (which are used for both REDIS and file system path)?

I'll check when I'm home from work.

When i had updated Cup weapons and vehicles to 1.7.1 i used FileZilla to FTP to my server. It showed as being there in my game file list and the keys were correct.

But as i said the console told me different, so i uninstalled and reinstalled both using the Streamline services mod manager, restarted the server and they showed as being 1.7.1 in the startup.

I guessing that whatever i FTP to my server (including A3EAI) just shows as there but is not functional. Is that the cause you think?

I have since upload all the A3EAIcontd files to the server by the TCadmin panel, check all files against the zip to make sure all the installation package is there , checked for case sensitive errors, recheck command line parameters , and still no joy.

4 hours and much swearing later and i have it working.... long story short... i need to read instructions more carefully. PBO's were in @Epoch/addons instead of Root Dir. Thanks all.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...