A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

Ok this is the last I'm going to say anything on this. Continuing to rake me over the coals is childish and immature. Face is a big boy and any decision he made was made on his own. You don't know why he made the decision he did and are assuming it was because of people like me and the so called entitlement we have. Burning me at the stake for him leaving is wrong. Your looking for someone to blame and I'm a convenient target because of my post however if you think he left based solely on what happened here then you are sadly mistaken. Yes, I made a mistake and made a post when I was frustrated. It happens but it made me the villain of this little drama. I apologized for it and deleted it. Move on, there is a whole wide world out there away from this game and I suggest you open your door and look out....it's ok if you squint a little. That bright light is called the sun.

Are you actually *trying* to continue making an ass out of yourself? First of all, I'm not "raking" over you, I'm confronting you and others like you, because what you do is drive people like Face away. I've confronted other people as well who were bitching at Face, someone who, clearly deserves NO SHIT WHATSOEVER. This isn't singling you out, as I wrote "You and others like you". But you make the assumption that I don't know Face's position, I do know, because he told me. And yes I'm blaming you and others who behaved like you did, yours and others contributed to Face's leaving. But even furthermore I'm blaming the attitude you and others like you have.

Apologizing is great, owning your mistake is even better. 

I'm have to correct my last post :(

Wiping of the DB did NOT solve the problem!
We have still this lags! 

***UPDATE***

We now have restored our old DB and try to run the server on vanilla.

I'll keep you informed...

Deleting ALL scripts and customizations didn't solve the problem too!

I'm beginning to think that this caused by Epoch or Arma3 itself.
We had wiped DB - doesn't helped
We had disabled all scripts and customizations - 
doesn't helped
Our provider moved us another server wich is runnig onto a other machine too - doesn't helped
Our provider has doing maintance work on the server serveral times. - doesn't helped

Its not my intention to speak bad about the provider where we have hosted our server but I would like to know from which provider the other admins who have the same problems their server got.
Is your server
coincidentally hosted by GTX too??? 

***UPDATE***

I recognized following errors in our RPT:

5:16:17 Client: Object 6:132 (type Type_90) not found.
 5:16:17 Client: Object 6:132 (type Type_91) not found.
 5:16:17 Client: Object 6:132 (type Type_400) not found.
 5:16:17 Client: Object 6:133 (type Type_90) not found.
 5:16:17 Client: Object 6:133 (type Type_91) not found.
 5:16:17 Client: Object 6:133 (type Type_400) not found.
 5:17:10 Server: Object 2:1699 not found (message Type_327)
 5:17:31 Server: Object 2:1703 not found (message Type_327)

(Kind of the errors above are very very often in the RPT)

6:01:53 Error in expression <= _this select 2;
_sound = EPOCH_sounds select _soundIndex;

if (!isNil "_sound">
 6:01:53   Error position: <select _soundIndex;

if (!isNil "_sound">
 6:01:53   Error Zero divisor
 6:01:53 File x\addons\a3_epoch_server\compile\epoch_antagonists\EPOCH_server_handle_say3D.sqf, line 14
 6:02:01 Error in expression <= _this select 2;

if (!isNil "_sound">
 6:02:01   Error position: <select _soundIndex;

if (!isNil "_sound">
 6:02:01   Error Zero divisor
 6:02:01 File x\addons\a3_epoch_server\compile\epoch_antagonists\EPOCH_server_handle_say3D.sqf, line 14
 6:02:18 Error in expression <= _this select 2;

if (!isNil "_sound">
 6:02:18   Error position: <select _soundIndex;

if (!isNil "_sound">
 6:02:18   Error Zero divisor
 6:02:18 File x\addons\a3_epoch_server\compile\epoch_antagonists\EPOCH_server_handle_say3D.sqf, line 14
 6:02:26 Error in expression <= _this select 2;

if (!isNil "_sound">
 6:02:26   Error position: <select _soundIndex;

if (!isNil "_sound">
 6:02:26   Error Zero divisor

Edited by Psythrandir

Psy, we have experienced similar issues. Currently we are using NFO Servers and have the same freezing that you have. When the server freezes then it stops writing to the report until it unfreezes then all comes back. I looked for client: object error and found the same ones you have, I'm not sure if they are normal errors but they are there. The active report doesn't have the EPOCH_server_handle_say3D.sqf  but I have seen it before. Currently we are having very little freezing and one thing I tried was to set the memory allocator in the server start parameters to use system memory rather than one of the dll memory allocators that were introduced by BI. That seems to have helped but really it is to early to make a judgement call as to whether it is fixed. I'll keep you updated.

Well, crap.  Came here to reload A3EAI and it seems to have been pulled from the GitHub.

Really enjoyed the configurability when I used the earlier versions.  Thanks for the time, work and consideration you put into the mod and community, Face. We'll miss your expertise.

Floyd

GTX has made us a server which is running on the same machine where our "real" server is hosted. This new test server is running on vanilla.
We are testing it since Yesterday evening and don't had any lags yet. We will test it until tomorrow. If all is running fine than the GTX support wants to copy the settings of the test server to our main server in hope that this will solve the problem.

I hope this is working.

Edited by Psythrandir

Dude, the damage you and others like you did is already done. This temper tantrum alone is telling enough. You came off as an entitled asshole and Face reacted. Anything you do after that in terms of damage control is all to try and save face. And Face already discontinued his community support indefinitely.

Here's the thing though, the guy barely had much time to spare on this project to begin with. Giving mod support was actually something he did in spite of feeling that his instructions in the OP should be enough. He's wasted a lot of time and energy that he really does not have to spare needlessly, and to what end? People who are negative, for whatever reason always make a bigger impact than those who are positive. Probably it is because it is so unfathomable that you can get ANY criticism at all when you give away something for free.

I think either you quoted the wrong person or you dont read through things. Maybe you dont remember names either. I am not the one going at Face. Just the opposite. That said I am going to assume you were enjoying you Saturday too much or something and forget your comment.

Please in the future besure of your facts before you go on a rant about someone. Thank you.

I think either you quoted the wrong person or you dont read through things. Maybe you dont remember names either. I am not the one going at Face. Just the opposite. That said I am going to assume you were enjoying you Saturday too much or something and forget your comment.

Please in the future besure of your facts before you go on a rant about someone. Thank you.

Interesting, so in a quote where I was addressing jaspoe, you were thinking that my reply was to you, because... ?

Psy, just a note on what we have been experiencing on our server. We sent a ticket into NFO Servers suspecting that the problem might be a network switch as several of our players were getting time out messages on a tracert when they were experiencing freezing. They responded that they didn't have any issues on their end but would monitor things. The next day a lot of the freezing and lag issues went away. Nothing was in the event log for NFO but I suspect something was changed on their end. Last night I also updated to the most recent version of Epoch which is server build 050 and put RHS and A3EAI back on to test the freezing issue and so far there has been none. Currently we are running Infistar in the the server folder as well as cup,asdg and both RHS mods. In the @epochhive folder we have WAI, FUMS, helicrash and custom loot spawn and so far everything seems to be running normal. We do have a player login issue directly after the server starts where it can take 15-20 minutes before the first player can have boots on the ground but I'm attributing that to a script or config error that needs to be fixed on my end.

GTX has created a new server with a fresh DB for us (Using the same settings as the vanilla test server).
We've added the earplug script, a status bar and an older release of VEMF for first and it seems all is running fine atm.

Edited by Psythrandir

Now we've reduced the A3EAI spawns but that did not solved anything.

We've got 3 very big lags today. ALL of these lags happend when a player tryed to connect to the server.
At this Time I've found following in the RPT:

21:38:23 Server: Network message 2409ff is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a01 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a03 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a04 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a05 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a06 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a07 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a08 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a09 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a0a is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a0b is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a0c is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a0c is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a0d is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a0e is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a0f is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a0f is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a10 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a10 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a11 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a11 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a13 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a14 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a32 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a33 is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a3b is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a3b is pending
21:38:23 Server: Network message 240a3c is pending

and..

21:38:17 No player found for channel 1358753728 - message ignored

(about 30 or more times)

This kind of error messege I did't seen before I think.

The custom spawn script we are using has the option to spawn with an halojump by using a parachute .... A3EAI has an option with parachutes too (Helicopter patrouls and helicopter reinforcements) which we have enabled.

May be the lags have something to do with the parachutes??

jaspoe ... do you have enabled parachutes on your server too?

Psy, sorry it took me so long to reply. I was in the hospital having surgery. You might be on to something with the halo jump parachutes. I didn't have them on initially and didn't see any lag but about 10-15 minutes after turning them on the lag came back. Maybe something with position calculations on players?

Edited by jaspoe30

Since we've disabled the halojumps in the custom spawn script the lags are gone.
In the last days we had one lag which was caused by a player trying to connect with our server. This guy is playing in our group so he is online more often. Usually no lags happen when he is connecting. Meanwhile he has serveral succsessfull connections to the server without producing any lag. I think/hope this one Lag was an exception. Other players (some of them were new) who have connected don't produced any lags.

BTW: We have enabled the parachute drops by A3EAI but it didn't work. We have 80% chance of such droppings and a 50-60% chance for Chopper reinforcements but it seems that this isn't working too. Any other make such expiriences with 0.9.3.2??

• 2 weeks later...

I search the Radio add for A3EAI.

The A3EAI_Client for the MpMission folder.

------------------------------

Later after this post, i found the radio add, i have uploaded this for you.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/voxis4

If i need a permission or other, please inform me and i delete this post?

Have fun !

Edited by ALANDRO
i found the soluce