A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

To install A3EAI:

1. Copy @A3EAI into your server's Arma 3 directory.
2. Modify your server's startup parameters to include @A3EAI. For example: -serverMod=@EpochHive;@A3EAI; 

First my server directory doesnt have a folder named arma3 , I tried just dropping it in the main directory but nothing spawns, which folder does this need to go in? and second my command line looks like this

-autoInit -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;@A3EAI; -name=A3E_Server -profiles=A3E_Server -config=A3E_Server\server.cfg -cfg=A3E_Server\basic.cfg -ip=(example IP ) -port=(1111)

does this look right? I'm using the ACPlayer from Vilayer

Seem to have run into a little issue with the new update. Before the 1.0 update the parachute reinforcements would drop in and move around the area hunting for you. Now when they drop in the just stand in the landing area. Did a setting change that I am not aware of?

Anyone? I am having issues with my server freezeing every so often, I have tracked it down to A3EAI and I am not sure what is causing it, I have the latest version of A3EAI and Arma 3 1.52 as well as Epoch 0.3.1.0.

If I disable A3EAI I have no issues at all.. I could really use some assistance on this.

Thanks

Rhammer

Anyone? I am having issues with my server freezeing every so often, I have tracked it down to A3EAI and I am not sure what is causing it, I have the latest version of A3EAI and Arma 3 1.52 as well as Epoch 0.3.1.0.

If I disable A3EAI I have no issues at all.. I could really use some assistance on this.

Thanks

Rhammer

This has a lot of stuff in it. I am just gonna guess, since you didn't give much information. I am gonna say you have the way to many AI spawning. I don't know your server specs, but on mine with FUMS, which using a HC, while running this my sever doesn't skip. It did, when I had to many Helicopters spawning, and tanks. Removing one tank, raised my sever FPS by almost 10. You gotta check the settings, esp if you vehicles, it not only spawns a vechicle but a bunch of ai with it. I think stock is like 5 ai with a helicopter. It also has a max spawn stock at like 15. 

Just a quick question if any one gets time :) Thank you very much if you do:).

//Minimum seconds to pass until each dead AI body or destroyed vehicle can be cleaned up by A3EAI's task scheduler. A3EAI will not clean up a body/vehicle if there is a player close by (Default: 900).                                    
A3EAI_cleanupDelay = 900;

If I put that all to 0, will it make it so that no ai loot can be obtained? Or is there a better way to do it? I really just want it like when you run them over, you get no loot, but for any time they die. Reason being, I want to make it so high end guns are only craftable, but it would mess up the reason to go and collect the resources, if all you gotta do is kill some ai. 

or would it work to put these all at 0?

//Probability to successfully pull a random item from loot pool for level 0-3 AI. Loot has a chance to be added about twice per minute.
A3EAI_lootPullChance0 = 0.20; //Default for level 0 AI: 0.20
A3EAI_lootPullChance1 = 0.40; //Default for level 1 AI: 0.40
A3EAI_lootPullChance2 = 0.60; //Default for level 2 AI: 0.60
A3EAI_lootPullChance3 = 0.80; //Default for level 3 AI: 0.80

Thanks muchly :)

Edit: I see that A#EAI cleanup has a thing when a player is near it doesnt delete, so that wont work :(

The pull chance must be something different, since it doesn't delete there equipment.

So I take it then, there is no way to do what I want, besides the black list, which would make it so they dont have it?

Edited by makasouleater

This has a lot of stuff in it. I am just gonna guess, since you didn't give much information. I am gonna say you have the way to many AI spawning. I don't know your server specs, but on mine with FUMS, which using a HC, while running this my sever doesn't skip. It did, when I had to many Helicopters spawning, and tanks. Removing one tank, raised my sever FPS by almost 10. You gotta check the settings, esp if you vehicles, it not only spawns a vechicle but a bunch of ai with it. I think stock is like 5 ai with a helicopter. It also has a max spawn stock at like 15. 

I have the same settings if not lower settings than I did before the update to Arma, I even went back and turned down the numbers of roving patrols just to be certain.

when my server starts to freeze up I see a pattern in my resource monitor across my 8 cores..I have also noticed that when I shut the server down ( I am on a dedi Box) my server files stay hung open in the background. I am at a total loss here, I have turned off my Headless client which runs my Fums missions and I still get the freezing.

as for my server setup I have several scripts.

I have R3F towing and lifting,

Mag Repack, earplugs,

Etv,

Halv Spawn,

Service point,

Donkeystats,

DP Real health,

action menu,

spawn bike or mosquito

, Infistar Antihack,

Dynamic weather,

No cloakers,

No Sappers,

No UAV's, and Kill Messages.

All of which were functioning just fine along with A3EAI just prior to the Arma update as well as the epoch update.

I have alos trie to vie my RPT but when the server freezes the RPT stops being written to.

I have a teamspeak server if anyone would like to come there and attempt to assist me. If so please PM me and I will give you the server address.

thanks.

rhammer, we are having the same issues that you are describing and have even gone so far as to completely wipe the server and start from scratch,installing each script one at a time and have narrowed the problem to A3EAI. It seems like it is a memory leak of some sort as it progressively gets worse until the server is unplayable.

rhammer, we are having the same issues that you are describing and have even gone so far as to completely wipe the server and start from scratch,installing each script one at a time and have narrowed the problem to A3EAI. It seems like it is a memory leak of some sort as it progressively gets worse until the server is unplayable.

Hmm, I dono guys. I just ran it from 8 pm, to 8 am, and the server was still playable at 8am, with my ai helis flying around, with the tank patrol, and ai troops. Plus like 15 random missions from FUMS, but I use a headless client so i dono. 

As i said though I am pretty sure its your settings.

//Maximum number of placed random spawns on map. Set to -1 for A3EAI to automatically adjust spawn limit according to map size. Set to 0 to disable random spawns. (Default: -1)
    maxRandomSpawns = 10; change that from -1, and put it at a lower number. 

//Upper limit of dynamic spawns on map at once. Set to 0 to disable dynamic spawns (Default: 15)
    maxDynamicSpawns = 10; lower that from 15

//(Static/Dynamic/Random Spawns) minAI: Minimum number of units. addAI: maximum number of additional units. unitLevel: Unit level (0-3)
    minAI_village = 1;
    addAI_village = 2;
    unitLevel_village = 0;
    spawnChance_village = 0.60;

//(Static/Dynamic/Random Spawns) minAI: Minimum number of units. addAI: maximum number of additional units. unitLevel: Unit level (0-3)
    minAI_city = 1;
    addAI_city = 3;
    unitLevel_city = 1;
    spawnChance_city = 0.70;

minAI_capitalCity = 2;
    addAI_capitalCity = 3;
    unitLevel_capitalCity = 2;
    spawnChance_capitalCity = 0.80;

minAI_remoteArea = 1;
    addAI_remoteArea = 4;
    unitLevel_remoteArea = 3;
    spawnChance_remoteArea = 0.90;

minAI_wilderness = 1;
    addAI_wilderness = 2;
    unitLevel_wilderness = 3;
    spawnChance_wilderness = 0.50;

And lower all of those, till you find it to work. Shut off veh patrols/air/uav/and ugv. See if you have the problem.

Edited by makasouleater

Hmm, I dono guys. I just ran it from 8 pm, to 8 am, and the server was still playable at 8am, with my ai helis flying around, with the tank patrol, and ai troops. Plus like 15 random missions from FUMS, but I use a headless client so i dono. 

As i said though I am pretty sure its your settings.

//Maximum number of placed random spawns on map. Set to -1 for A3EAI to automatically adjust spawn limit according to map size. Set to 0 to disable random spawns. (Default: -1)
    maxRandomSpawns = 10; change that from -1, and put it at a lower number. 

//Upper limit of dynamic spawns on map at once. Set to 0 to disable dynamic spawns (Default: 15)
    maxDynamicSpawns = 10; lower that from 15

minAI_village = 1;
    addAI_village = 2;
    unitLevel_village = 0;
    spawnChance_village = 0.60;

minAI_city = 1;
    addAI_city = 3;
    unitLevel_city = 1;
    spawnChance_city = 0.70;

minAI_capitalCity = 2;
    addAI_capitalCity = 3;
    unitLevel_capitalCity = 2;
    spawnChance_capitalCity = 0.80;

minAI_remoteArea = 1;
    addAI_remoteArea = 4;
    unitLevel_remoteArea = 3;
    spawnChance_remoteArea = 0.90;

minAI_wilderness = 1;
    addAI_wilderness = 2;
    unitLevel_wilderness = 3;
    spawnChance_wilderness = 0.50;

And lower all of those, till you find it to work. Shut off veh patrols/air/uav/and ugv. See if you have the problem.

Hello Makasouleater,

I have tried all you suggested above including removing all my Vehicle Patrols and I still get the Freezeing, I have spoken with at least one other server owner who has stated they have gone so far as to start out with a fresh install of there server with no scripts and they also get the same issue with A3EAI.

Could Face please chime in on this issue?

This is getting real annoying, when this happens my server is completely locked up, My RPT even stops being written to.

I have turned on debugging for A3EAI in the hopes that I may see something there but as it writes to the RPT I can not see what is happening when the freezing happens.

The only thing I can equate this to is it looks similar to a memory leak.

There has got to be a solution to this, I am sure I am not the only one having this problem.

The only thing I have found that will fix it so far is to Not run A3EAI which I do not want to do here. I have had alot of good fun with this script when it was running but right after the latest arma update it has been giving me all these problems.

Hello Makasouleater,

I have tried all you suggested above including removing all my Vehicle Patrols and I still get the Freezeing, I have spoken with at least one other server owner who has stated they have gone so far as to start out with a fresh install of there server with no scripts and they also get the same issue with A3EAI.

Could Face please chime in on this issue?

This is getting real annoying, when this happens my server is completely locked up, My RPT even stops being written to.

I have turned on debugging for A3EAI in the hopes that I may see something there but as it writes to the RPT I can not see what is happening when the freezing happens.

The only thing I can equate this to is it looks similar to a memory leak.

There has got to be a solution to this, I am sure I am not the only one having this problem.

The only thing I have found that will fix it so far is to Not run A3EAI which I do not want to do here. I have had alot of good fun with this script when it was running but right after the latest arma update it has been giving me all these problems.

just to give you an idea on what is happeneing on a CPU level, here is what my proccess monittor looks like when the server freezes up

Notice the Ripple effect across all Processors normally they would all be up and down with little to no valleys...

Hammertime Process.JPG

Edited by rhammer2003
attaching jpg

I'm not qite sure this question has never appeared here before, but still...

I've noticed A3XAI bug: sometimes bots in vehicles take no damage from players. You can see you hit them (blood, cuts of meat and etc.), but still can't kill them. Doesn't matter if they in car or on foot.

Is there a solution to deal with that bug?

I'm not qite sure this question has never appeared here before, but still...

I've noticed A3XAI bug: sometimes bots in vehicles take no damage from players. You can see you hit them (blood, cuts of meat and etc.), but still can't kill them. Doesn't matter if they in car or on foot.

Is there a solution to deal with that bug?

Unsleaper

Are the Ai running in place at any time and do you have problems with people not able to add or remove items from there inventory?

Regarding the freezing issue, this is an incredibly generic issue and not something I can fix without knowing more.

A3EAI has also been updated to 1.0.1, download on Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Changelog:

A3XAI 0.2.1

Files changed:
A3XAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3XAI_config.pbo update required: No, last changed: 0.2.0
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes
A3XAI Client Addon update required: No

IMPORTANT: If you already have A3XAI installed (before version 0.2.0), you must remove all A3XAI files from @ExileServer.

[Changed] AI infantry and land vehicles now have a smaller minimum distance from trader zones before no-hostility/no-damage is triggered (Before: 900m. After: 500m)
[Changed] UGVs no longer take wheel damage, and no longer self-repair. This is a temporary change.
[Added] No hostility/no-damage will also be triggered for all AI if their current target is within 300m of a safezone.
[Fixed] Fixed bug where UAVs and UGVs could have their detection loop activated multiple times per waypoint.
[Fixed] Fixed bug where AI NVGs were always removed on death. Classname used for temporary NVGs is now NVGoggles_OPFOR.
[Removed] Disabled patrol radius enforcement for AI infantry due to some issues.
[Removed] Removed staticBlacklistLocations config option. Standard blacklist areas now cancel out nearby static spawns if at least one spawn position within 250m of the location is within a blacklisted area.
[Added] Additional error-checking for AI vehicle definitions

Regarding the freezing issue, this is an incredibly generic issue and not something I can fix without knowing more.

A3EAI has also been updated to 1.0.1, download on Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Changelog:

Hey there Face, thanks for responding to our posts, In the interest of getting this issue fixed, what information can we provide you, if you would like you can join my teamspeak and I can work with you on getting you what you what you need.

I really want to see this fixed so those of us that are having an issue can go back to using your script.

by the way my teamspeak is ht.ts0.eu that is ts0 (a zero and not an oh) I can be found on there pretty much from 6pm cdt to about 10 pm cdt

Thanks again.

rhammer

I am having a similar issue. It would run fine but after some time the AI would become invulnerable. The AI vehicles and units don't damage and run in one place or rubber band a lot. I have blckeagle's mission system running haven't experienced it with them but will make sure it is not the case and let you know. Server FPS remains constant in the 40's and no yellow or red chains. I have set up a new server but I do have other scripts running so I am in the process of eliminating them. A3EAI is one of the best scripts so I am not convinced yet the problem lies with it. 

Running 1.0.1a and it flies on our server. It's running perfectly with one small odd exception....

No clothes! lol

They have gear, weapons, body armor, krypto... They "carry" clothes, they just apparently choose not to wear them! lol

Loot, helis, vehicles.. all work fantastic!

Ok the no clothes was for one group, although every once in a while I still get that one guy in a group that has to be a weirdo. lol

I get the same on my server. There is the occasional guy with all his gear except clothes. This makes it very awkward to loot him :P

I checked and the clothes the naked ones are wearing is called Dan. 

Edited by ScaRR