A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

Hey, after the update I am getting spam in my rpt file, literally thousands of lines. 

15:19:33 No player found for channel 1609017216 - message ignored

and also this error:

15:57:29 Error in expression <&& {(_targetPlayer distance _leader) <= RECEIVE_DIST}) then {
_nearbyUnits = _ta>
15:57:29   Error position: <RECEIVE_DIST}) then {
_nearbyUnits = _ta>
15:57:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: receive_dist
15:57:29 File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_behavior\A3EAI_huntKiller.sqf, line 68

Yes ... if you would have read the  posts above you would have the answer ye seek

Yes ... if you would have read the  posts above you would have the answer ye seek

The post above is not related. My issue started after updating to the latest version on github that fixes the Arma update issue. 

I have now disabled it and no longer get the spam in my report file. 

The post above is not related. My issue started after updating to the latest version on github that fixes the Arma update issue. 

I have now disabled it and no longer get the spam in my report file. 

I had spam in mine yesterday before the fix as well, Halv posted a fix.. it was spamming but working 

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

Not sure if my reading comprehension is equally at fault, as you seem to imply ScaRR's is, but I can't find any reference to those errors either.

While I love a good mystery, in the interests of not being here all night to ascertain whether this is a known bug with a solution already, maybe you could link the post to which you are referring?

Cheers.

The errors related to A3EAI_huntKiller.sqf will be fixed as well as any others I find along the way. I've been doing a lot of code restructuring to make it easier for me to port changes from A3XAI (Exile version of A3EAI) to A3EAI. In the short term this means that some errors may have been made during the restructuring, but in the long term means that I can support both addons without giving up on one.

For now, you can suppress the errors by setting A3EAI_findKiller = false; in your A3EAI config file.

I had spam in mine yesterday before the fix as well, Halv posted a fix.. it was spamming but working 

Thanks, also just to confirm that the  spam is unrelated to A3EAI but the script error remains but as Face mentioned there is a temp fix in the config and that there is an update underway.

15:19:33 No player found for channel 1609017216 - message ignored

I will look for the post by Halv, thanks

Hi!

Yesterday we've updated to 0.9.3.2. 
The release is working fine but it seems that we have static spawns in villages, cities and special places.
But I've disabled random, static and dynamic spawns in the config. Set it to false and set all spawnchances to 0.
I don't know why there is AI spawning.

Custom spawns and air- land- and ugv patrouls working corect.

And we've still got the problem that players are unvulnarable against hits from A3EAI bots if they were killed and rewived before.

Anybody know where the problem is or how to fix it?
Is it possible that we have to make some changes in the BE filters?

@Psythrandir

AI can come from other sources:

• Air patrols can deploy paradrop groups (Chance of this is configurable).
  • Air patrols can evacuate if their vehicle is heavily damaged.
  • Land patrols exit their vehicle if enemy sighted, or vehicle disabled.
  • UAV/UGVs can call for air reinforcements, which can deploy paradrop groups (Chance of this is configurable as well)

Alright. Updated to 0.9.3.2. The AI are working fine and I am getting the HuntKiller error previously posted but I will disable it until there's a fix.

@Psythrandir - Is it possible that you still have the old a3eai_config.sqf in the @EpochHive folder and it is reading from that? I'm sure the new update has redirected the path to the PBO but.. meh.. worth a shot to delete them if they are still there to see if that resolves your problem.

PS...

Face - Thanks for this script! I love it! My players are frustrated as hell by it, but I think it's great. :D

A3EAI has been updated to version 1.0.0, Github link: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

VERY IMPORTANT: Please carefully read the new install instructions in the changelog. If you have an older version of A3EAI (before 1.0.0), you must remove all A3EAI-related files from the @EpochHive folder, especially the old A3EAI.pbo!

Changelog is below.

A3EAI 1.0.0

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.pbo update required: Yes, last changed: 1.0.0
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: N/A - HC is not functional until further notice.
A3EAI Client Addon update required: No, last changed: 0.9.3

NEW INSTALL PROCEDURE REQUIRED!

IMPORTANT: If you already have A3EAI installed (before version 1.0.0), you must remove all A3EAI files from @EpochHive.

To install A3EAI:

1. Copy @A3EAI from "1. Installation Package" into your server's Arma 3 directory.
2. Modify your server's startup parameters to include @A3EAI. For example: -serverMod=@EpochHive;@A3EAI;

To configure A3EAI:

1. Unpack A3EAI_config.pbo (Recommended to use PBO Manager: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369)
2. Edit config.cpp with a text editor (Recommended to use Notepad++: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/). Make your configuration changes.
3. Repack A3EAI_config.pbo

[Changed] Reworked configuration system (see above).
[Changed] Main configuration file (config.cpp) is now located in @A3EAI/A3EAI_config.pbo
[Changed] A3EAI_custom_defs.sqf is now located in @A3EAI/A3EAI_config.pbo
[Info] A3EAI HC is currently not functional. A future Epoch code update will allow the HC to be functional again.
[Info] A3EAI_config.pbo now contains all user-configurable settings. A3EAI.pbo will contain the code core and will not contain configurable settings.
[Fixed] Fixed wrong variable name used in A3EAI_findKiller.sqf.
[Fixed] AI vehicle patrol respawns were using the maximum respawn time for every respawn.
[Fixed] Pistol weapons were not generated in AI inventory on death.
[Removed] Removed per-level toggle for dynamic classname feature.
[Added] Classname blacklisting option for each dynamic classname function.
[Changed] Dynamic spawn manager startup delay changed from 120 seconds (from server start) to 60 seconds.

Edited by Face

Alright. Updated to 0.9.3.2. The AI are working fine and I am getting the HuntKiller error previously posted but I will disable it until there's a fix.

@Psythrandir - Is it possible that you still have the old a3eai_config.sqf in the @EpochHive folder and it is reading from that? I'm sure the new update has redirected the path to the PBO but.. meh.. worth a shot to delete them if they are still there to see if that resolves your problem.

PS...

Face - Thanks for this script! I love it! My players are frustrated as hell by it, but I think it's great. :D

After the last updates we've forgotte to update the client addon. Looks that we allways had the addon from version 5.8 running :D
Spawns are now corect and working fine. I hope this fixed the reviver problem too. That we've not testet yet.

Updated A3EAI to 1.0.0b, download at Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Changelog:

A3EAI 1.0.0b

Files changed:
A3EAI_config.pbo update required: Yes
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: N/A - HC is not functional until further notice.

IMPORTANT: If you already have A3EAI installed (before version 1.0.0), you must remove all A3EAI files from @EpochHive.

[Fixed] Corrected wrong function call.
[Fixed] Corrected wrong array reference for weaponOpticsList.

Another update, version 1.0.0c. Changelog is below:

A3EAI 1.0.0c

Files changed:
A3EAI_config.pbo update required: No, last changed: 1.0.0

[Fixed] Fixed scripting error in A3EAI_vehCrewRegroup.sqf.
[Fixed] AI non-hostile status now properly synced between server and HC. (Note: HC still not 100% functional in current Epoch version).

why vehicle deleting after sitting in it?

This is intentional. AI vehicles aren't meant to be player-usable because it's not possible to tell the difference between a vehicle that's saved in the DB and one that is not. Rather than risk players losing gear inside AI vehicles (I'm not going to have them save to the DB either), the AI vehicles were made to clean themselves up, forcefully if a player tried to get inside.

This is intentional. AI vehicles aren't meant to be player-usable because it's not possible to tell the difference between a vehicle that's saved in the DB and one that is not. Rather than risk players losing gear inside AI vehicles (I'm not going to have them save to the DB either), the AI vehicles were made to clean themselves up, forcefully if a player tried to get inside.

can you make saving vehicles as in simple epoch missions?

The errors related to A3EAI_huntKiller.sqf will be fixed as well as any others I find along the way. I've been doing a lot of code restructuring to make it easier for me to port changes from A3XAI (Exile version of A3EAI) to A3EAI. In the short term this means that some errors may have been made during the restructuring, but in the long term means that I can support both addons without giving up on one.

For now, you can suppress the errors by setting A3EAI_findKiller = false; in your A3EAI config file.

That is very nice of you:) Thank you very much, I was hoping you wouldn't give up on the Epoch version:)

Looks like 1.0.0d is out.

I want to personally thank Face for this:

[Changed] Changed case of A3EAI filenames to lower case for Linux compatibility.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

EDIT: In the  1. Installation Package folder, @A3EAI needs to be @a3eai
Edited by phm