A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

Ok, so I've ran in to quite a bit of desync on my server and server fps dropping to 2-3 so I am in the process of removing addons to see if it's one of those. However, when I try to remove this one and it's config files it is complaining about a3eai_config.sqf missing and won't allow anyone to connect.

I made a folder inside @epochhive called Removed for testing them moved a3eai.pbo and the @a3eai folder for the headless client in there along with the configs. Can't find anything in init.sqf or description.ext related to a3eai so what am I doing wrong here?

@Xzempt

Since you're running the dedicated server and headless client on the same machine (as you said earlier), the @EpochHive and @A3EAI folders should be in the same directory. You do not need to create an @EpochHive folder since the dedicated should already be using one.

If the dedicated/HC files are in different folders for whatever reason, just copy the dedicated server's @EpochHive folder over. The @EpochHive folder and a3eai_config.sqf file are the only important things for the HC.

Yeah I'm trying to disable the addon a3eai atm to figure out whats causing my server fps to drop. I created a folder inside @epochhive to move things I am removing for testing the server fps drop issue. However, when I move the a3eai configs in to that folder it complains about missing config. But shouldn't taking a3eai out of the directory disable the addon?

P.S I moved the HC to a remote server and turned it off for now.

I'm sure your addon is fine I am just trying to troubleshoot whats causing the problem with the server fps dropping

@Nullfati

Read the documentation in a3eai_config.sqf carefully, you just need to add the location names (as they're written on the map) as shown in the examples. About the missing items, download the latest version (0.8.4b) which fixes those issues. For the latest confirmed working builds, you should use the Releases page (https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI/releases) to be safe.

Anyone else have this in their RPT since the last update?  Sorry I could not figure out how to use the Spoiler link.

21:10:47 Error in expression < 3; !isNil "A3EAI_locations_ready" && {(EPOCH_BuildingSlotCount isEqualTo ({_x i>
21:10:47 Error position: <EPOCH_BuildingSlotCount isEqualTo ({_x i>
21:10:47 Error Undefined variable in expression: epoch_buildingslotcount
21:10:47 File a3eai\scripts\generateStaticSpawns.sqf, line 4ne 4

@Nullfati

Read the documentation in a3eai_config.sqf carefully, you just need to add the location names (as they're written on the map) as shown in the examples. About the missing items, download the latest version (0.8.4b) which fixes those issues. For the latest confirmed working builds, you should use the Releases page (https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI/releases) to be safe.

But traders not in the city and 0.8.4b dont fix problem

But traders not in the city and 0.8.4b dont fix problem

Sounds like what you might want to do for your traders is go in the A3AI Editor and create blacklist area. or Are you talking about Halv Traders or the Epoch traders? For Epoch traders that move around or are randomly placed.....that would be hard to black list those. Personally there should be a little danger if you shop at one of those randomly placed traders. That is just me.....

To use the A3AI editor look in the zip file you downloaded. There is a readme in there and a link to the Wikkii

Sounds like what you might want to do for your traders is go in the A3AI Editor and create blacklist area. or Are you talking about Halv Traders or the Epoch traders? For Epoch traders that move around or are randomly placed.....that would be hard to black list those. Personally there should be a little danger if you shop at one of those randomly placed traders. That is just me.....

To use the A3AI editor look in the zip file you downloaded. There is a readme in there and a link to the Wikkii

Epoch traders, standart epoch traders in spawn east, west and middle spawn

Anyone else have this in their RPT since the last update?  Sorry I could not figure out how to use the Spoiler link.

21:10:47 Error in expression < 3; !isNil "A3EAI_locations_ready" && {(EPOCH_BuildingSlotCount isEqualTo ({_x i>

This should be fixed in 0.8.4c, released just now on Github.

The safezone trader locations (the ones where fresh spawns teleport to) are automatically blacklisted by A3EAI.

Thank you Face I was not sure if it was something I messed up. I figured I would not be the first to have the issue.

Thanks for the quick response.

On a side note I noticed your Kyrto Arrows dont stay very long? After my firefight when I got down to them the arrow were gone. I seen the red arrow upon killing the guy. In some cases seemed the device was gone. I dont know if you are aware of this. It is not a game breaker but I am sure someone will have players that complain. LOL. Upside to a small player base fewer headaches.

Ah okay, I had a feeling that is how it worked. was not sure. Is there a limit to how high you can set the assist? I have mine set at 5 secs most firefights go longer? Those arrows are great for finding the bodies in grass and in trees.

Okay I downloaded a new copy from Github but I am still getting that error in the RPT. I only switched out the PBO as the Config file looked the same. Do I need to replace both for the fix?

Sorry getting lazy today. Already set the config up 3 times today. About to have it memorized. LOL

Currently working out the bugs on the updated loadout script. Will update this post when it's done.

Edit: 0.8.4d released to fix the AI loadout issues. Ironically, the updates after 0.8.4 were supposed to allow empty loadout arrays to be used, for example, if users wanted AI to carry no backpacks or helmets.

Is there a reason or setting im missing thats causing custom spawn ai to despawn when no one is around? Nevermin; found it.

//Time to allow spawned AI units to exist in seconds before being despawned when no players are present in a trigger area. Applies to both static AI and custom spawned AI (Default: 120)                                        
A3EAI_despawnWait = 10800;  

Yay, new website update let's me comment now :-)

Thank you so much for this script. I've used A3EAI since day one and it's just an awesome addon to my extreme PVE servers.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing DZAI evolve to new heights!

One question I have is why is my HC's occasionally getting killed after the new epoch0320 update? It was fine before the update.

In my mission.sqm I've included this line: init="this enableSimulation false; this allowDamage false";   //still my hc's getting killed and they show no signs of starvation

Rpt: "<infiSTAR.de> server_setToken: SENT TOKEN [tghtq1nj3nvlxzyt] TO BGHC1(HC4560)"   //maybe a newer infiSTAR update is needed?

HC's are able to relog after a short while. They seem to go down almost simultaneously a few times in a 4hour duration. Any help would be appreciated :-)

Edited by bigsl83