A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

The other types of spawns (dynamic, random) are more chance-based. You may need to wait for 15, 30, or even 60 minutes, depending on your luck, to trigger one of these spawns. They're also a lot more strict, for example dynamic/random spawns won't be spawned near new player spawn locations, won't be spawned if another dynamic/random spawn is active nearby or was active recently.

Static spawns are much more predictable since their locations don't move around (that's what "static" refers to) and you know exactly where they are because they're placed in named locations with many buildings nearby.

If you want to keep static spawns disabled, consider turning up the spawn chances of all location types to increase the probability of other spawn types (dynamic or random).

Ok, the only  thing I am seeing even with debug on 2 is this on startup; I'm running this on  Linux and can't seem to find a .rpt log anywhere. I am just watching the console.

This is what I see in the console:

"[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.8.3 using base path a3eai."
"[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."
"[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."
"[A3EAI] Verified all A3EAI settings in 0.00200272 seconds."
"[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."
"[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."
"[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 2. WorldName: altis. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."
"[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: true. Random: true. Air: false. Land: true. UAV: false. UGV: false."
"[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.0690002 seconds."

My problem is I am not getting any spawns.

My config: http://pastebin.com/Y1j2vX31

I don't know if it could be something in there causing it or not. I did edit it a good bit.

/home/steam/arma3/@epochhive is where Addons is. Does case matter on this folder name? It only has the pbo in it. A3EAI_config.sqf, A3EAI_custom_defs.sqf are in the @epochhive folder.

Then in my epoch.Altis.pbo I have #include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf"; in the init.sqf file.

I also have A3EAI_Client folder in the pbo root directory with the init.sqf. Inside that is the 3 client sqfs.

Any idea whats going on here?

/home/steam/arma3/@epochhive is where Addons is. Does case matter on this folder name? It only has the pbo in it. A3EAI_config.sqf, A3EAI_custom_defs.sqf are in the @epochhive folder.

Then in my epoch.Altis.pbo I have #include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf"; in the init.sqf file.

I also have A3EAI_Client folder in the pbo root directory with the init.sqf. Inside that is the 3 client sqfs.

You should have:

\@epochhive\A3EAI_config.sqf

\@epochhive\A3EAI_custom_defs.sqf

\@epochhive\addons\A3EAI.pbo

Not sure what this line is: #include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

It's not in the instructions and it's something I have in mine. Maybe Face can explain that one?

Also, your config says you have heli's enabled. I've had it before (when I've added armed helis) where it's stopped the script working. Trying removing the choppers or put them back to the standard choppers to try that instead

Your log file is showing that Air patrols are disabled:

"[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: true. Random: true. Air: false. Land: true. UAV: false. UGV: false."

I find that if it's not working, put it back to standard and enable bits one at a time. Takes a while to do, but at least you know which bit has broken it!

Give that a go and see if it helps :)

You should have:

\@epochhive\A3EAI_config.sqf

\@epochhive\A3EAI_custom_defs.sqf

\@epochhive\addons\A3EAI.pbo

Not sure what this line is: #include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

It's not in the instructions and it's something I have in mine. Maybe Face can explain that one?

Also, your config says you have heli's enabled. I've had it before (when I've added armed helis) where it's stopped the script working. Trying removing the choppers or put them back to the standard choppers to try that instead

Your log file is showing that Air patrols are disabled:

I find that if it's not working, put it back to standard and enable bits one at a time. Takes a while to do, but at least you know which bit has broken it!

Give that a go and see if it helps :)

#include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf"; is for the client side which enables the radio chatter when enemies are near by and the death messages for the person that kills the enemy unless they are in a vehicle then  everyone sees the message

By the way, woke up this morning and it magically started working lol. So no need to reply now. Thanks

Ok, the only  thing I am seeing even with debug on 2 is this on startup; I'm running this on  Linux and can't seem to find a .rpt log anywhere. I am just watching the console.

This is what I see in the console:

"[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.8.3 using base path a3eai."

"[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."

"[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."

"[A3EAI] Verified all A3EAI settings in 0.00200272 seconds."

"[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."

"[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."

"[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 2. WorldName: altis. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."

"[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.0690002 seconds."

My problem is I am not getting any spawns.

My config: http://pastebin.com/Y1j2vX31

I don't know if it could be something in there causing it or not. I did edit it a good bit.

You put the PBO in the Addon folder but left the Config in the Epoch Hive folder that your Addon folder is in right? Looking at what you have posted all is running fine. What you are looking at in your console is the AI system starting up. If there were errors you should see them there. Also you should know with this AI system if you make a mistake in the Config file the system goes back to default so it would still work. You would still see the error come up but the script still runs. I unintentionally tested that one myself. LOL

its funy at the first time i start the server its work but after restart its didnt working:

ok with a empty mission its workig

Do you use Infistar? If so you can use I believe MAPICON to see AI around the map. Also AI ESP does work. This should help to see that all is working. As I said before if it worked once and all you did is change Configs it will still work but if a mistake in the config is made it will revert to default setting and show the error in your RPT

Any one an idea on how to change the spawn distance of the ai. (the random spawns)

I mean at some points they spawn like 100 mtrs away from u, and start shooting immediately, but that is simply crazy.

They should at least spawn like 500 mtrs or something! 

Any one an idea on how to change the spawn distance of the ai. (the random spawns)

I mean at some points they spawn like 100 mtrs away from u, and start shooting immediately, but that is simply crazy.

They should at least spawn like 500 mtrs or something! 

I'm pretty sure that has to do with the stock AI and the drones. You could disable the regular drones. Kind of not needed with A3EAI TBH and it frees up resources.

Wondering why these are popping up.

5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_Colt1911."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_Compact."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_M9."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_Makarov."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_MicroUzi."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_TaurusTracker455."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_TaurusTracker455_gold."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_SA61."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_SOFLAM."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_Phantom."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_Glock17."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_PB6P9."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Verified 463 unique classnames in 0.132 seconds."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Waiting for headless client to connect. A3EAI post-initialization process paused."

CUP didn't do a real good job at sorting out the weapon classes. If I remember right on the HS trader system everything except pistols falls under the "assault rife" category.

For LucyDemoon and Xzempt, you guys both need to examine the rest of your RPT log for A3EAI debug info, not just the startup output. The startup output is displayed regardless of debug level. The startup output also shows nothing out of the ordinary, so you will need to follow the detailed debug info that displays whenever A3EAI does something.

To test whether A3EAI is having trouble spawning, you should make these changes in your config file for testing purposes:

1. Under the "Shared AI Unit Settings" section, set all spawn chances to 1.00, to remove the randomness of whether or not AI will be spawned
  2. Under the "Shared AI Unit Settings" section, set A3EAI_playerCountThreshold to 1, so that maximum spawn chance is reached even with a single online person.
  3. Consider increasing the number of Random-type spawns if you use them (~15 for an Altis-sized map is normal)
  4. Consider reducing the cooldown time for Dynamic-type spawns if you use them

@NuFaN: Those AI don't sound like they were spawned by A3EAI. A3EAI's minimum distance from players is 145m, and no line-of-sight with any player within 200m.

Hello :)

Is there a way to get the ai cars usable? 

Help preserve Face's sanity by using these handy tips for A3EAI:

1. Before requesting A3EAI features, please consult the Denied Feature Requests list on the A3EAI Wikia site.
  2. Before asking where to change an A3EAI option - A3EAI_config.sqf contains all configuration options in one file.
  3. If experiencing issues with A3EAI, check your server RPT file first for any important hints.

After taking a few weeks break from development, this is the current changelog for the next A3EAI version (0.8.4). I expect it to be ready for release on the 22nd.

A3EAI 0.8.4

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: Yes
A3EAI Client Addon update required: No
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes

[NEW] Added "detect only" behavior modes for UAVs and UGVs. If set to "detect only", UAVs/UVGs will not directly engage detected targets, but may still call air reinforcements to the area.
[NEW] If Krypto pickup assist feature is enabled, marker arrows will be created above dropped Krypto device.
[FIXED] Frequency Jammers now properly prevent A3EAI from generating static spawns within 250m on server start up. Note: Frequency Jammers placed after server start will only have this effect after next server start.
[FIXED] Backpacks for air patrol AI are no longer replaced with parachutes to allow launcher weapons to be carried. Instead, parachutes will be spawned when ejection events are triggered.
[CHANGED] AI air patrols, UAVs, UGVs will not detect players if the vehicle is passing through a blacklisted area. Note: This does not affect default Arma 3 AI behaviors.
[CHANGED] Air reinforcement probabilities changed from 10%/20%/30%/40% for level 0/1/2/3 AI to 0%/10%/20%/30%.
[CHANGED] Increased spawning distance for air reinforcements by 50%.

Also after the 22nd, I will be looking into another A3 mod to see whether A3EAI can be ported to it. If this happens, A3EAI development may wind down after this point.

After finally getting the server restarted after adding the HC client in the game the logs show all spawns are false and a3eai says its listening for hc connections but never establishes one. Am I missing something here or what?

rpt log: http://pastebin.com/VMdp31r8

if I turn on A3EAI_waitForHC I get one more a3eai entry saying its pausing process  but never get a connection established. It's all running on the same box.

I'm literally at a stand still. I don't know what else to try. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know?

config.cfg:

I don't even get "Attempting to connect to A3EAI server"

If I use -client -connect=127.0.0.1 in the startup parameters it just hangs during load so I dunno what else to do. I've added everything to mission.sqm. I've added the stuff to the server and everything, am I wrong or is the password parameter of -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -password=password the password to join the server?

I did manage to start a 2nd instance of the arma3server and the headless client would connect. Is that the right way?

If that is the correct way, do I need -mod=@epoch\;@a3eai -servermod=@epochhive in the start parameters for the HC

localClient[]={127.0.0.1};
headlessClients[] = {"127.0.0.1"};
battleyeLicense=1;

@Xzempt:

You need 2 instances of arma3server, one for the dedicated server, and one for the headless client. Make sure you follow the HC install guide pdf included in the A3EAI download package, it explains everything you need to do, starting from stock Epoch files.

Also only use the A3EAI_waitForHC option once you've confirmed that your HC setup is working correctly, otherwise A3EAI will be stuck waiting for the HC and never actually finish loading.

@Xzempt:

You need 2 instances of arma3server, one for the dedicated server, and one for the headless client. Make sure you follow the HC install guide pdf included in the A3EAI download package, it explains everything you need to do, starting from stock Epoch files.

Also only use the A3EAI_waitForHC option once you've confirmed that your HC setup is working correctly, otherwise A3EAI will be stuck waiting for the HC and never actually finish loading.

Yeah thank you for your reply. I really love this AI addon. I look forward to using it. You've done an amazing job!

A3EAI 0.8.4 has been released on Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Changelog is nearly identical to the one I posted earlier, except the static spawn-blocking range for Jammers was changed to 300m instead of 250m.

A3EAI 0.8.4

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: Yes
A3EAI Client Addon update required: No
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes

[NEW] Added "detect only" behavior modes for UAVs and UGVs. If set to "detect only", UAVs/UVGs will not directly engage detected targets, but may still call air reinforcements to the area.
[NEW] If Krypto pickup assist feature is enabled, marker arrows will be created above dropped Krypto device.
[FIXED] Frequency Jammers now properly prevent A3EAI from generating static spawns within 300m on server start up. Note: Frequency Jammers placed after server start will only have this effect after next server start.
[FIXED] Backpacks for air patrol AI are no longer replaced with parachutes to allow launcher weapons to be carried. Instead, parachutes will be spawned when ejection events are triggered.
[CHANGED] AI air patrols, UAVs, UGVs will not detect players if the vehicle is passing through a blacklisted area. Note: This does not affect default Arma 3 AI behaviors.
[CHANGED] Air reinforcement probabilities changed from 10%/20%/30%/40% for level 0/1/2/3 AI to 0%/10%/20%/30%.
[CHANGED] Increased spawning distance for air reinforcements by 50%.