A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

it was an auto updater with server host VILayer, I managed to fix that problem by running it again but now I have another problem :( Server was running great till this epoch update :(

This is the problem now

20:50:27 Unable to get file version size: C:\TCAFiles\Users\xxx\xxx\@EpochHive\epochserver.dll

it was an auto updater with server host VILayer, I managed to fix that problem by running it again but now I have another problem :( Server was running great till this epoch update :(

This is the problem now

20:50:27 Unable to get file version size: C:\TCAFiles\Users\xxx\xxx\@EpochHive\epochserver.dll

I'm getting the same error. Runs fine on my test server which was a fresh install, but an upgraded version doesn't load.

Just posted a thread here about it: 

A3EAI 0.8.2 has been released on Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Changelog:

A3EAI 0.8.2

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: No
A3EAI Client Addon update required: No
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes

[iNFO] Debug level 1 option now outputs simple debug info, Debug level 2 will contain more "technical" information. When asking for A3EAI support, it is recommended to include debug output with debug level 2 enabled. Note: Debug level 2 tends to be more "spammy" of the RPT log.
[FIXED] Water positions are now prevented from being used for AI land vehicle waypoints.
[FIXED] Fixes for land vehicle antistuck.
[FIXED] Fixes for double-activation of air vehicle/UAV/UGV detection behavior.
[FIXED] A3EAI will now wait until killed unit becomes local to dedicated server before attempting to generate loot (relevant only to servers with headless client setups)
[FIXED] Fixed bug with krypto pickup assist feature that caused entire A3EAI cleanup loop to crash. Added preventative fixes to prevent errors from causing cleanup loop to crash.
[CHANGED] Land vehicle antistuck will now attempt to relocate stuck vehicle group to any other location on the map, as long as there are no players or plot poles near the target location.
[CHANGED] A3EAI will now use building positions directly as static spawn positions instead of pre-calculating positions on server start (no more 150 spawn position limit).

Face,

I was just wondering if you were every contemplating water based AI patrols as well as land and air? I ask because I think it would be fitting, piracy would be an effective survival method and the controlling the population to stay on the island may be another logical to it. Also, it would mean water is no longer a "safe area" for player aircraft. It would be excellent on Altis as it's completely surrounded in water. Not to mention seeing "so and so was killed by a pirate" would be pretty cool on the killfeed :)

This is what I've said in the past about water/boat patrols:

Boat patrols are not currently supported by A3EAI. It is possible that in the future that I may decide to add support for it for custom spawns, but there are no immediate plans at this time. Keep in mind that adding new AI types is one of the more complicated changes from a coding perspective and requires a lot of development and testing time.

The reason it may be a custom-only feature is that not every map has large areas of water, such as Takistan or Esseker to name a few.

Wondering why these are popping up.

5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_Colt1911."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_Compact."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_M9."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_Makarov."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_MicroUzi."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_TaurusTracker455."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_TaurusTracker455_gold."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_SA61."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_SOFLAM."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_Phantom."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_Glock17."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname from A3EAI_rifleList array: CUP_hgun_PB6P9."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Verified 463 unique classnames in 0.132 seconds."
 5:13:08 "[A3EAI] Waiting for headless client to connect. A3EAI post-initialization process paused."

Face,

Wonderful port and thank you for the updates.  *bows

After installing the latest build, this error showed up in my report log, thought it might interest you.  Something to disregard?

Error in expression <roup);
deleteWaypoint [_unitGroup,all];
_unitGroup setCombatMode "YELLOW">
Error position: <all];
_unitGroup setCombatMode "YELLOW">
Error Undefined variable in expression: all
File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_utilities\A3EAI_addVehicleGroup.sqf, line 24

Thanks again, peace.

@SteYou2014: Enable debug level 2, start your server (prepare for heavy RPT log spam), check your server RPT log after a few minutes.

Search for all lines that contain "A3EAI Debug: Added location". Using the "Find all in current document" makes this much easier. You'll be able to see all locations detected by A3EAI and what it considers each location as. Note that not all of these locations will be used to create static spawns, there are further checks to see if there are enough building locations and other requirements. Note that "namelocal" is what A3EAI calls "remote".

As an example, this is the location data for the Australia map: http://pastebin.com/01ArVTjk

Releasing a minor update (0.8.3) to A3EAI with two fixes. Update at: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

If your server does not use AI vehicle patrols or equip AI with launchers, then you do not require this update.

Changelog:

A3EAI 0.8.3

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: No
A3EAI Client Addon update required: No
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes

[FIXED] A3EAI will now check if AI inventory is able to contain launcher ammo before assigning launcher weapon, and will continue searching through all units of the group until all launchers have been assigned, or no units can hold the ammo.
[FIXED] Fixed waypoint-related bugs for AI groups that have abandoned their vehicles.

That's a fine answer but A3EAI is reading that from the cup config is it not?

Yes, the config information for each weapon have a flag that determine which slot the weapon goes to: the rifle, pistol, or launcher. So, if you mismatch weapons with the weapon list (like put a pistol in a rifle list), A3EAI will catch that as an error.

This is what I've said in the past about water/boat patrols:

The reason it may be a custom-only feature is that not every map has large areas of water, such as Takistan or Esseker to name a few.

Hi Face,

I created a "bandit camp" on the coast using the custom config. I wanted static boats using custom config. I managed to get this working by adding the following to the A3EAI_spawn_vehiclecustom.sqf code.

//ScaRR
_isShip = (_vehicleType isKindOf "Ship"); //true if vehicle is of type ship

//ScaRR
if (_isShip) then {
     _roadSearching = 0;		        //No need to search for road positions for air vehicles
     _waterPosAllowed = 1; 			//Allow water position for ships
};

@SteYou2014: Enable debug level 2, start your server (prepare for heavy RPT log spam), check your server RPT log after a few minutes.

Search for all lines that contain "A3EAI Debug: Added location". Using the "Find all in current document" makes this much easier. You'll be able to see all locations detected by A3EAI and what it considers each location as. Note that not all of these locations will be used to create static spawns, there are further checks to see if there are enough building locations and other requirements. Note that "namelocal" is what A3EAI calls "remote".

As an example, this is the location data for the Australia map: http://pastebin.com/01ArVTjk

Wow, you even added this feature into the mod. I was thinking I'd have to do something separate like do it through the editor.  Super impressed by your work here, man. Thank you and keep up the wonderful job  :D