A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

I'm also having issues. I started over from scratch. Removed Epoch 303 & installed Epoch 304, wiped the database and I tried reinstalling A3EAI again. I made sure none of the files were still there from 303. I followed the directions EXACTLY and added multiple heli patrols and ground vehicle patrols (10 & 20 respectively) to the config SQF yet no AI is spawning at all. 

What are you guys using to check that "no AI are spawning?" I just started up my test server and shot dead an AI.

Also check your RPT logs for anything unusual, and enable debug level 2 in your A3EAI_config.sqf for more details. Simply saying "no AI are spawning" is close to useless.

In admin tools I have Vehicle ESP, Vehicle Marker and AI Marker turned on but I cannot see the AI moving around the map like I could before I switched to 304.

Ok, while typing this I opened up my RPT log (I forget about these sometimes) and this is what I have...

16:30:02 "[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.4.0 Alpha using base path A3EAI."

16:30:02 "[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."
16:30:02 "[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."
16:30:02 "[A3EAI] Verified all A3EAI settings in 0.0019989 seconds."
16:30:02 "[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."
16:30:02 "[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."
16:30:02 "[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 0. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: altis. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."
16:30:02 "[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: true. Random: true. Air: true. Land: true."
16:30:02 "[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.0569992 seconds."

Would the DebugMarkers: false not show me the AI on the map?

The AI marker function has never worked to my knowledge. And you are in desperate need of updating A3EAI. The current version is 0.8.0.

The best way to see if AI are spawning is to continue monitoring the RPT log with debug level 1 or 2 (2 will show more details). A3EAI will report every time it spawns a new AI group.

I changed up the UAV and UGV to unarmed, and I am getting this error -

22:03:13 Error in expression <e weaponsTurret [-1])) isEqualTo 0} && {_gunnersAdded isEqualTo 0}) then {
_unit>
22:03:13   Error position: <_gunnersAdded isEqualTo 0}) then {
_unit>
22:03:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: _gunnersadded
22:03:13 File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_unit_spawning\A3EAI_spawn_UV_patrol.sqf, line 117

I disabled both and the error went away.

I also saw that the new 0.8.0 was missing the line to turn missiles on/off for Helo's

Could you also do a line for jets?

Thanks.

The remove missile option was renamed to A3EAI_removeExplosiveAmmo and has the same effects. The option affects all air vehicles, no matter if they're planes or helicopters.

I'll also look into the UAV/UGV error, looks like a simple leftover variable from my sloppy copy-paste job. Just keep in mind that the UAV/UGVs are for testing and I just put it together well enough for it to "just work". Thanks for reporting the issue.

I added a new "Experimental" branch to the A3EAI Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI/tree/Experimental

Fair Warning: The experimental branch contains experimental code containing the most up-to-date code, but has not gone through full testing. Use at your own risk, revert to the main branch at https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAIif you experience any problems with the Experimental version.

Changelog for current experimental version:

A3EAI 0.8.1

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: Yes
A3EAI Client Addon update required: No
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: No

[NEW] Added Krypto-pickup assist system (disabled by default). Players can automatically pick up Krypto dropped by A3EAI units by staying within 5 meters of the device for 10 seconds. Availability of pickup assist is configurable.
[FIXED] Fixed undefined variable error caused by spawning unarmed UAVs/UGVs.
[FIXED] Added missing default settings to settings verification script.
[ADDED] Added map center and map size data for all AiA maps, Esseker, Australia.

This is not working on Altis. I have set up a server from scratch on Chernarus and everything works as expected. I encounter land, air and roaming AI in the cities but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to work in Altis. I've set up many servers before and honestly don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I cannot see any errors in the report. set debugging to 2 and all seems fine.

Server is setup from scratch, did not even touch the mission file. No additional Ai missions or anything, yet.. on Chernarus everything works. it seems like there is something wrong with the Altis mission that came with the latest Epoch server update.

Yea the UAVs and UGVs are pretty OP lol. Had a lot of fun testing those out last night. Is there a way to disallow the use of weapons on the Greyhawk and the Ababil? I'd love to have the airplane drones in the game but every time they pass over a vehicle with players in it the vehicle gets REKT with a quickness. If they were just recon drones I think they'd be better.

EDIT: everything is working perfectly on my 0.3.0.4 Altis map. Love this script. Make sure you're running the latest version.

This is not working on Altis. I have set up a server from scratch on Chernarus and everything works as expected. I encounter land, air and roaming AI in the cities but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to work in Altis. I've set up many servers before and honestly don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I cannot see any errors in the report. set debugging to 2 and all seems fine.

Server is setup from scratch, did not even touch the mission file. No additional Ai missions or anything, yet.. on Chernarus everything works. it seems like there is something wrong with the Altis mission that came with the latest Epoch server update.

It works for me Altis. You may need to check if you're using the correct client/server files. A while ago, I accidentally mixed up some 0.3.0.3 and 0.3.0.4 Epoch client/server files on my Altis setup, and that caused A3EAI to not spawn anything. After using the proper server/client files, it works just like it does on any other map.

Yea the UAVs and UGVs are pretty OP lol. Had a lot of fun testing those out last night. Is there a way to disallow the use of weapons on the Greyhawk and the Ababil? I'd love to have the airplane drones in the game but every time they pass over a vehicle with players in it the vehicle gets REKT with a quickness. If they were just recon drones I think they'd be better.

EDIT: everything is working perfectly on my 0.3.0.4 Altis map. Love this script. Make sure you're running the latest version.

Question: Are you saying that the UAVs are actually able to act on their own and fire weapons?

You can switch out the UAVs and UGVs with their unarmed versions. Check this page (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgWeapons_Vehicle_Weapons) and look for the UAVs that only have the Laserdesignator_mounted weapon.

For UGVs, you'll need to check out these pages for unarmed versions:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_WEST

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EAST

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_GUER

Question: Are you saying that the UAVs are actually able to act on their own and fire weapons?

You can switch out the UAVs and UGVs with their unarmed versions. Check this page (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgWeapons_Vehicle_Weapons) and look for the UAVs that only have the Laserdesignator_mounted weapon.

For UGVs, you'll need to check out these pages for unarmed versions:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_WEST

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EAST

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_GUER

Yea the UAVs and UGVs are able to fire at will. UGVs use their HMG and GMG, Greyhawk and Abibal UAVs use either the Scalpel missiles or GBU-12 laser guided bombs. When the armed UAVs fly over you and you are in a vehicle it uses its weaponry. It doesnt matter what vehicle you are in you are going to get taken out. I havent tried while on foot though. Might give that a shot later (pun intended). I was looking all over the internet last night for unarmed variants of the Greyhawk and the Ababil but there aren't any in A3 (at least that I could find). The only unarmed UAVs are the quad copters. There is an unarmed UGV in A3 so that should be easy to add to the UGV list. But yea, if you could come up with something to prevent the Greyhawk and Abibal from using their weapons that would be so sweet!

Where do you get the names for the "A3EAI_staticBlacklistLocations"? Do you just look at the map and take the name from that?

Also, a feature request: The ability to prevent AI from spawning within X meters of a trader or the ability to specify coordinates that are blacklisted up to X meters.

Where do you get the names for the "A3EAI_staticBlacklistLocations"? Do you just look at the map and take the name from that?

Also, a feature request: The ability to prevent AI from spawning within X meters of a trader or the ability to specify coordinates that are blacklisted up to X meters.

Yes, take names straight from the map.

Blacklisting trader locations is not currently possible because there's no way (to my knowledge) to grab current trader positions. I don't see the logic in blacklisting trader locations anyways (besides the safezone ones) since there is no reason why trader areas should be protected. If a player can just walk up to you and shoot you in the back while trading, any AI should be able to do the same. My stance on blacklisting (other than safezones and bases) is that if you don't want AI, don't install an AI addon.

Yes, take names straight from the map.

Blacklisting trader locations is not currently possible because there's no way (to my knowledge) to grab current trader positions. I don't see the logic in blacklisting trader locations anyways (besides the safezone ones) since there is no reason why trader areas should be protected. If a player can just walk up to you and shoot you in the back while trading, any AI should be able to do the same. My stance on blacklisting (other than safezones and bases) is that if you don't want AI, don't install an AI addon.

I have safezones at my traders (my server is PVE). You can't fire weapons and you can't be killed inside them. 

Hi Guys,

I am at my wits ends now. I have done the following to try and get this to work.

In installed a new server (Windows server 2008) and installed ALL available windows updates, drivers and prereq for the game including DX.

I verified my ArmA III game files and can confirm that I have the correct game client (v1.48).

I copied the updated \ verified game client to my newly installed server to start setting up my dedicated server.

I used these epoch server files:

Current Server Build: 0.3.0.4 (Build 2) for Arma 3 v1.48+

http://epochmod.com/index.php

After setting up the server I connected to it. Everything works as expected without AI. Then I continued with the steps below without altering the stock altis.epoch.pbo mission file.

I configured A3EAI 0.8.0a (https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI) and started up the server.... No AI on server.

I then Deleted A3EAI 0.8.0a and copied the A3EAI Experimental files (https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI/tree/Experimental) and started the server... No AI on server.

I've turned off battleeye

One of my friends who also host a dedicated server has the exact same problem.

I certainly have the correct client files, server files and A3EAI files. No errors in the report file.

I don't know what else to do anymore. If I repeat the above steps on Chernarus, I almost immediately see roaming choppers and Vehicles and I also see roaming AI in cities. This seems to be specific to Altis.

I've set roaming helis to 15 and roaming vehicles also to 15 just to see AI... Nothing.

I am the only player on the server as I am the only one testing at the moment.

Please let me know what could be the problem. I can give you access to my server to give it a "once over" to check if everything is setup correctly.

Thanks Guys.

Yes, you should be seeing the text in the spoiler in your rpt log as the server Epoch starts.

3:17:00 "[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.7.0 using base path a3eai."
 3:17:00 "[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."
 3:17:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."
 3:17:00 "[A3EAI] Verified all A3EAI settings in 0.00299835 seconds."
 3:17:00 "[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."
 3:17:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."
 3:17:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 0. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: altis. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."
 3:17:00 "[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: true. Random: true. Air: true. Land: true."
 3:17:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.0779991 seconds." 

Yip, Files are placed in the precise location as indicated in the readme from A3EAI. Here is my results from my RPT file:

19:50:00 "[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.8.0 using base path a3eai."
19:50:00 "[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."
19:50:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."
19:50:00 "[A3EAI] Verified all A3EAI settings in 0.0019989 seconds."
19:50:00 "[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."
19:50:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."
19:50:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 0. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: altis. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."
19:50:00 "[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: true. Random: true. Air: true. Land: true."
19:50:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.0600052 seconds."

Yip, Files are placed in the precise location as indicated in the readme from A3EAI. Here is my results from my RPT file:

19:50:00 "[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.8.0 using base path a3eai."

19:50:00 "[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."

19:50:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."

19:50:00 "[A3EAI] Verified all A3EAI settings in 0.0019989 seconds."

19:50:00 "[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."

19:50:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."

19:50:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 0. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: altis. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."

19:50:00 "[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: true. Random: true. Air: true. Land: true."

19:50:00 "[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.0600052 seconds."

With that in your log, A3EAI is loading. Look for other entries after that. You should see lines similar to this:

19:14:34 "A3EAI Cleanup: Cleaned up 0 dead units and 2 destroyed vehicles."
19:14:34 "[A3EAI Monitor] [Uptime:0:30:41][FPS:50][Groups:6/6][Respawn:2][HC:false]"
19:19:34 "[A3EAI Monitor] [Static:2][Dynamic:0][Random:0][Air:2][Land:4][UAV:0][UGV:0]"