A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

@Face

I've been thinking about your idea. Not being able to pick up Krypto is definitely a problem I want to tackle, but I having it simply deposited into the player's bank on kill does not seem a good solution to me. For example, killing AI from a long range would be a high-reward/low-risk method of gaining Krypto when you don't have to endanger yourself by going near the phone object.

An alternate solution I've thought of is to allow players to pick up Krypto by simply going near where the phone object is and wait a few seconds. I still need to see whether I can put this idea into usable code, and whether it will play nice with the Epoch antihack. This method will solve the issue of not being able to get a scroll menu on the Krypto pickup while still retaining some element of risk when looting Krypto.

However since A3EAI is currently "feature locked" for 0.8.0 (otherwise stuff keeps getting added and never released), this change will be added in the update after 0.8.0.

@Styxx: Thank you for your positive feedback, hope you continue to enjoy A3EAI as more updates come.

Some good points.  What about the arma 2 solution, which was to go up to a dead body, scroll wheel, and click "check wallet"?  Or perhaps simply making the Krypto drive a larger object since most of the issue is just that it's real small and annoying to pick up ... perhaps something like

150px-Arma3_CfgVehicles_Land_Camping_Lig Land_Camping_Light_off_F

or

150px-Arma3_CfgVehicles_Land_Sack_F.jpg Land_Sack_F

or

150px-Arma3_CfgVehicles_Land_Laptop_F.jp Land_Laptop_F

150px-Arma3_CfgVehicles_Land_SatellitePh Land_SatellitePhone_F

@SteYou2014: I have a strong feeling that it's hardcoded in Epoch code to only recognize the phone object as "containing" Krypto. So it's not up to me or any other scripter what contains Krypto.

Edit: This is the code that handles the Take Krypto action. As you can see, it only recognizes the "Land_MPS_EPOCH" object:

private["_getCrypto","_display"];
if !(isNil "EPOCH_takeCryptoLock") exitWith {};
EPOCH_takeCryptoLock = true;
if (!isNull _this) then {
    if ((typeof _this) == "Land_MPS_EPOCH") then {

_getCrypto = _this getVariable["Crypto", 0];
        // deleteVehicle _this;

// EPOCH_playerCrypto = (EPOCH_playerCrypto + _getCrypto) min 25000;

EPOCH_takeCrypto_PVS = [player, Epoch_personalToken, _this];
        publicVariableServer "EPOCH_takeCrypto_PVS";

_dt = [format["<t size='0.8' shadow='0' color='#99ffffff'>You found %1 Krypto.</t>", _getCrypto], 0, 1, 5, 2, 0, 1] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;
    };
};
[] spawn{
    uiSleep 2;
    EPOCH_takeCryptoLock = nil;
};

It's also hardcoded into the Land_MPS_EPOCH to give the "Take Krypto" scroll wheel action.

Hi Face, I am using the a3eai_custom_defs to spawn in some vehicles and boats.

I had a look at the script and saw that when it looks for a good spawn position it only really takes Air and Land vehicles into consideration. 

Currently when I spawn in a ship over the water it moves it to land.

Secondly, does the ai despawn immediately when killed by a non-player?

Are you planning ai boat patrols?

Thanks

Edited by ScaRR

Hi Face, I am using the a3eai_custom_defs to spawn in some vehicles and boats.

I had a look at the script and saw that when it looks for a good spawn position it only really takes Air and Land vehicles into consideration. 

Currently when I spawn in a ship over the water it moves it to land.

Secondly, does the ai despawn immediately when killed by a non-player?

Are you planning ai boat patrols?

Thanks

Boat patrols are not currently supported by A3EAI. It is possible that in the future that I may decide to add support for it for custom spawns, but there are no immediate plans at this time. Keep in mind that adding new AI types is one of the more complicated changes from a coding perspective and requires a lot of development and testing time.

AI do not take damage from non-player sources. An exception is air vehicles colliding with objects in flight.

Boat patrols are not currently supported by A3EAI. It is possible that in the future that I may decide to add support for it for custom spawns, but there are no immediate plans at this time. Keep in mind that adding new AI types is one of the more complicated changes from a coding perspective and requires a lot of development and testing time.

AI do not take damage from non-player sources. An exception is air vehicles colliding with objects in flight.

Thank you for the feedback and taking the time to reply  :)

I've been thinking about your idea. Not being able to pick up Krypto is definitely a problem I want to tackle, but I having it simply deposited into the player's bank on kill does not seem a good solution to me. For example, killing AI from a long range would be a high-reward/low-risk method of gaining Krypto when you don't have to endanger yourself by going near the phone object.

An alternate solution I've thought of is to allow players to pick up Krypto by simply going near where the phone object is and wait a few seconds. I still need to see whether I can put this idea into usable code, and whether it will play nice with the Epoch antihack. This method will solve the issue of not being able to get a scroll menu on the Krypto pickup while still retaining some element of risk when looting Krypto.

However since A3EAI is currently "feature locked" for 0.8.0 (otherwise stuff keeps getting added and never released), this change will be added in the update after 0.8.0.

@Styxx: Thank you for your positive feedback, hope you continue to enjoy A3EAI as more updates come.

Thanks Face.

Side Note - I added in the Addon feature, so the radios would work. I have gotten alot of positive feedback for adding this in, but I think there is a issue with it blocking other scripts.

In my Mission INIT, I added in - #include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf"; - , without the - of course, and I had it towards the top, which blocked other scripts/mods from running, so I moved it to the very bottom. It allowed everything to run, but I think it stops other missions from re-setting themselves.

I currently have VEMF, ZEV, and Blackeagle Missions added and running, but has anyone seen this, or does anyone else run the added addon for radios and have other missions spawning correctly?

Thanks.

@DrejXArmy

Sorry I missed your post earlier. The A3EAI_initclient.sqf uses an exitWith {} statement to prevent non-clients from loading the client addon, which doesn't play well with other serverside addons.

For now, placing the #include statement at the very end should fix the issue. The proper fix will be added with 0.8.0. I'm very optimistic that it should be released within the next 24 hours or so.

A3EAI 0.8.0 has been released on Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

0.8.0 has only been briefly tested with Arma 3 1.48 and Epoch 0.3.0.4, but there are no obvious signs of incompatibility.

Changelog is below. Please carefully note what needs to be updated, and whether it applies to your server setup.

A3EAI 0.8.0

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: Yes
A3EAI Client Addon update required: Yes
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes

[NEW] Added UAV/UGV patrols for testing purposes, see documentation in A3EAI_config.sqf for details. UAVs and UGVs scan for nearby players upon arriving at each waypoint, and may summon air reinforcements if players are detected. Note: UAV/UGVs are not currently available for custom spawns.
[NEW] Added additional radio dialogue for UAV/UGV detection events.
[NEW] AI infantry waypoints now modify themselves on-the-fly to include locations of nearby players and lootable objects for better patrol path variation.
[NEW] AI air vehicles now have a 2-stage patrol behavior (Travel + Search). When in searching mode, AI air vehicles will slow down to Limited speed, fly at a lower altitude, and begin searching the area for players.
[NEW] Added ability for A3EAI to cancel spawning AI infantry if player found too close to spawning position. Previously, AI were set to temporary peaceful status if players were somehow too close to spawning position.
[FIXED] Regrouped status for AI land vehicle patrols is now properly communicated between dedicated server and headless client.
[FIXED] Dedicated server will no longer transmit AI group data to headless client until group ownership has been transferred over to the HC to reduce amount of unnecessary network traffic.
[FIXED] Fixed bug where transferring AI groups to HC would cause new underbarrel grenades (if unit has weapon with such attachment) to be added each time.
[FIXED] Fixed bug where certain air vehicles were wrongly classified by A3EAI as unarmed.
[FIXED] Initialization of A3EAI Client Addon no longer prevents mission-file addons from being started serverside.
[CHANGED] Improved classname verification functions to include all item types defined in A3EAI_config.sqf. For example, A3EAI can check if a classname added as a food item is in fact a food item, or if a helmet is a helmet.
[CHANGED] Static spawning triggers are now created as local objects on the server and headless client instead as global objects to reduce unnecessary synchronization between server and clients.
[CHANGED] Anti-stuck functions will no longer trigger if AI group is currently aware or engaging enemies.
[CHANGED] Reworked AI group management script for increased efficiency and modularity, and to allow for at-will transitions between AI types for AI groups in the future.
[CHANGED] Changed the way AI land vehicle crew regrouped when crew is separated from their vehicle. If driver is alive, vehicle + crew will meet at a location in between their positions. If driver is killed, crew and replacement driver will travel to the vehicle.
[CHANGED] Improved documentation in A3EAI_config.sqf.
[CHANGED] Renamed several settings in A3EAI_config.sqf.
[CHANGED] Slightly increased default Krypto rewards.
[CHANGED] Improved formatting of A3EAI monitor output to RPT log.
[CHANGED] Improvements to anti-stuck functions for AI groups (requires more testing).
[CHANGED] Reduced blacklist area around spawning locations for new players from 900m to 750m. (May slightly increase number of static spawns generated).
[REMOVED] Removed optional init checking for AI vehicles.

the server does not start, gives an error : File , line 1:Config:End of line encountered A3EAI

in the report it only

8:06:36 ManagerConfig()

8:06:38 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_GUNS
 8:06:38 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_ROCKETS
 8:06:38 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_MISSILES
 8:06:38 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_BOMBS
 8:06:38 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_GUNS
 8:06:38 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_ROCKETS
 8:06:38 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_MISSILES
 8:06:38 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_BOMBS
 8:06:52 Unsupported language Russian in stringtable

<snip>

A problem happened on my end, should now be fixed on Github. The problem was because of an extra newline in the $PREFIX$ file, which was added for some odd reason (it's not in my dev files).

The fix may have broken HC, need to confirm later but I have very little time at this moment.

Please let me know if the issue has been fixed or not.

A problem happened on my end, should now be fixed on Github. The problem was because of an extra newline in the $PREFIX$ file, which was added for some odd reason (it's not in my dev files).

The fix may have broken HC, need to confirm later but I have very little time at this moment.

Please let me know if the issue has been fixed or not.

Yes it's all right now, thank you

Problem should now be fixed for headless client users in 0.8.0a. HC users will need to re-update their HC files: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

This update is only required for servers using headless clients, or servers without HC that are experiencing problems.

I've fixed up my own automation scripts to try avoiding this kind of problem with updating Github files in the future.

A3EAI 0.8.0a

Files changed:
Dedicated server A3EAI.pbo update required: No
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: No
A3EAI Client Addon update required: No
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes

[FIXED] Wrong call for variables file for headless client.

A3EAI should be compatible with any map you throw at it. I've already tested with Australia and Esseker and couldn't find any sign of incompatibilities. The only issue I see is that map makers tend to categorize location types differently than BI-developed maps, so AI difficulty for each location type usually needs manual rebalancing. For example, many small villages in Bornholm are categorized by the map maker as "Local" (A3EAI refers to them as Remote areas) so they tend to have the highest level AI when they should have been categorized as Village with low level AI.