A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

@Cavadus

1. That's something that I'm not cool with due to how significant a gamechanger launchers are.

2. Seriously... that question has been asked (and denied) once every page in this thread.

And I do actually mean init.sqf. #includes is simply a preprocessor command that can be used in any file, not just the description.ext. #includes just means "whatever is in this file, imagine it is here instead of this #includes statement."

Well, on my server I have the AI crazy ramped up to basically kick my guild's ass.  I already have launchers in the general loot table and on Suppe's & Halv's black market trader.  We need'em pretty hard.  I have the AI totally in CSAT military hardware up to and including the T-100.  I have twenty vehicle patrols, two choppers, and two more chopper reinforcements.  We at most have around fifteen people at once and during non-peak hours as few as one or two (so hooray for adding the player threshold for full strength AI!).

I have launchers blacklisted on our AI as per our conversation earlier since having one launcher per AI group at level 2 has been hellacious for vehicle losses.

But if we have launchers already in the game it would be nice if they could be lootable item like any other.  And if this many people asking for it what's the harm in adding it as an option in

Another quick question for ya, Face.  Does this mod work with drones?  I was thinking of adding some to the air and land vehicle tables.

Oh, and my current air vehicle antagonist table looks like this...

//Classnames of air vehicle types to use, with the maximum amount of each type to spawn.
A3EAI_heliList = [
	["O_Heli_Light_02_F",1],
	["O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F",1],
	["O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_F",3],
	["O_Heli_Attack_02_F",1]
];

...but I'm still getting pawnees and ghost hawks spawning.  The above mentioned choppers are also spawning in just fine but it's like deleting the pawnee and ghost hawk didn't actually remove them.  Any ideas?  Are the choppers used for the AI reinforcements in a different file?

i think you should check here, string 303

//Maximum allowed number of simultaneous active reinforcements (Default: 5)
A3EAI_maxAirReinforcements = 5;

//Air vehicles to use as reinforcement vehicles. Default: ["B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F"]
//Armed air vehicles will detect and engage players within reinforcement area. Unarmed air vehicles will deploy an AI paradrop group.
A3EAI_airReinforcementVehicles = ["RHS_Mi24Vt_vvs","RHS_Mi8AMT_vvs"]; 

The air reinforcements are considered an entirely different unit type (different from the Air patrols) so they have a separate section as Kensai described.

Also releasing A3EAI 0.7.0 in this post, about a week earlier than I anticipated due to the number of important fixes included. Update at: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Changelog is below (note that every part of A3EAI needs an update, except the Editor Tool). The "alpha" tag has been dropped since it's no longer meaningful in my opinion.

A3EAI 0.7.0

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: Yes
A3EAI Client Addon update required: Yes
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes

[iNFO] Correction to 0.6.0 changelog: Air reinforcements may be summoned even for deaths of lone AI units.
[ADDED] Added more Epoch vehicles to list of usable AI land vehicles.
[ADDED] Added armed WY-55 Hellcat to list of usable AI air vehicles.
[ADDED] Added vehicle color randomization to Epoch vehicles.
[ADDED] Added Epoch client code bypass for headless client. A3EAI HC will no longer be present and visible in the spawning area, and the HC will be able to start working much faster.
[ADDED] Players with radios detected by air patrols now receive text notifications.
[FIXED] Several fixes for Air reinforcement spawning.
[FIXED] AI vehicle driver will now leave their vehicle if all crew members have been killed, and vehicle patrol will be added to respawn queue.
[FIXED] Target of AI air reinforcement (and their crew, if in vehicle) will be sent radio warning if target or at least one crew member carries a Radio and if target is within 300m of reinforcement location.
[FIXED] Destroying AI vehicle wheels will no longer cause gunner to abandon vehicle.
[FIXED] Missile weaponry will now also be removed from driver turret of air vehicles, and all vehicle turrets.
[FIXED] A3EAI will now also check air vehicle pilot weaponry to categorize vehicle as armed or unarmed.
[FIXED] Static weapons now properly prevented from being spawned.
[FIXED] Fixed classname verification for land vehicle classnames.
[FIXED] Land vehicle patrols will be exempt from anti-stuck fixing while under "regroup" status.
[FIXED] Reassigned driver state for AI land vehicles is now passed from HC to dedicated.
[FIXED] Fixed bug where static AI could not be respawned in certain circumstances.
[CHANGED] Default spawn chances increased by 0.10 for each location type to slightly offset reductions from scaling spawn chances added in 0.6.0.
[CHANGED] Changed default air reinforcement probabilities from 0%/10%/30%/50% to 10%/20%/30%/40% for Level 0/1/2/3 AI (per unit death).
[CHANGED] Air reinforcement durations can now be set by AI level.
[CHANGED] Enabled evacuation behaviors for air reinforcement vehicle crew.
[CHANGED] Randomness of AI infantry patrols now scales with their patrol radius.
[CHANGED] Disabled AI vehicles will now self-delete after ejecting players who attempt to board.
[CHANGED] AI land vehicle patrols will now abandon vehicle if one unit is left alive. Exception if vehicle group started with one unit.
[CHANGED] Air reinforcement patrols no longer require line-of-sight or probability checks to detect nearby players, but detection radius reduced from 500m to 250.
[CHANGED] Reduced default AI skill levels, and compressed skill level ranges.
[CHANGED] Reduced sensitivity for auto static spawn generator. (Generally fewer static spawns will be generated)
[REMOVED] Removed in-building check for static spawn AI until further notice.
[REMOVED] Removed AI unit promotion system, to be reworked in a future update.

So are drones compatible air/land vehicles for the AI?

Air: possibly yes. Land: definitely not.

Hi face. Just installed this vers. and I think something is missing. I can't get on  the server and says this.

Any idea what it is?

Fixed, you will need to redownload and reinstall A3EAI with the updated files.

Getting SetVariable Restriction #0

08.06.2015 07:08:02: Azriel (IP:XXXXXXXXXXXXX) GUID:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxx - #0 "box_l" = R Alpha 1-1:1 2:367 

Any idea. The only change I have made is putting in the new vers. of this mission system.

So for making a filter for this, it's gone look like this? Is it right?

!="box_l"

EDIT: Solved it. Needed to make two of them !="box_l" and !="box_r".

Face awesome update but I'm noticing the AI once coming under fire do not want to get out of the vehicle even getting it were they will just try and ram players or there vehicles

There must be certain situations that cause issues similar to this. Drivers won't leave their vehicles unless 1) Their vehicle is destroyed/disabled 2) Their crew members have been killed, and this behavior is something that I'm going to let slide. I'll be looking into situations where the passengers refuse to exit but there isn't very much I can do other than tweak the regroup behavior a bit more. For the most part the vehicle AI seem to work fine, I've had AI seemingly come out of nowhere and ambush me, when they've actually spotted me from their vehicle far away and unboarded.

@MrEnzO: Not sure what can cause the BE kicks, I only added all the land vehicles (copy-paste) from epochconfig.cpp. My test server has BE enabled and I don't have kicking issues. Glad you got it sorted though.

After updating to v070 I'm finding that FuMS no longer connects to the HC.  It appears in Dart as being connected to the server, but the HC does not show up in game.  Is this due to how A3EAI now "hides" the HC?  Should we now use a separate HC for A3EAI and one for FuMS?  

@Darth_Rogue: What A3EAI does now is intercept and block the calls to the Epoch client code, so the player object is never created ingame. This may cause problems with the FuMS HC if it relies on some part of the Epoch client code to start. I recommend separating the HCs until FuMS does a similar intercept method. I do recommend separating HCs anyway, but that's just my opinion and preference.

Hello

How can you dissable dynamic ai?

I just want to use the static ai and ai patrols.

Thnx

A3EAI_config.sqf.

I have a question for you. I have put the chopper in the patrols and reinforcement to the Hummingbird. How do I do so there will be couple guys sitting on the rails on them.

You can't. The reinforcements are simply temporary air support. If they're armed then they'll fire on detected enemies, or deploy a paradrop group if they have passenger space, or do nothing if they have neither.

Just wanted to let you know that the armed aerial drones do not work as a patrol unit or reinforcement.  Not sure if they spawn or not but they definitely do not travel anywhere or appear on the map when I mark vehicles in the admin menu.

Ok crap. Is it something you can implement in the future you think.

The main problem with passenger units is that helicopter AI always land immediately, and with A3EAI this triggers a despawn.

If a workaround is possible, it will be implemented for unarmed helicopters for paradrop groups, since the armed ones are used only as fire support.

Keep in mind the reinforcement system was only released one week ago. There's still a lot to do.

Took a few hours today to try adding UAV/UGV support to A3EAI, it wasn't as simple an edit as I thought, but things are spawning. UAVs don't seem to do much other than fly around, but the UVGs are plenty deadly:

Note that if UAV/UGV support is to be added to A3EAI, it will be added to the mapwide patrols first, then custom spawns at a later time.

Took a few hours today to try adding UAV/UGV support to A3EAI, it wasn't as simple an edit as I thought, but things are spawning. UAVs don't seem to do much other than fly around, but the UVGs are plenty deadly:

Note that if UAV/UGV support is to be added to A3EAI, it will be added to the mapwide patrols first, then custom spawns at a later time.

Might be looking into a return to A3EAI here soon!

Nice job