A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

Hey guys,

I have edited the "A3EAI_config.sqf".

//AI skill settings level 0 (Skill, Minimum skill, Maximum skill). Baseline skill level: 0.50
A3EAI_skill0 = [	
	["aimingAccuracy",0.10,0.15],
	["aimingShake",0.50,0.59],
	["aimingSpeed",0.50,0.59],
	["spotDistance",0.50,0.59],
	["spotTime",0.50,0.59],
	["courage",0.50,0.59],
	["reloadSpeed",0.50,0.59],
	["commanding",0.50,0.59],
	["general",0.50,0.59]
];

//AI skill settings level 1 (Skill, Minimum skill, Maximum skill). Baseline skill level: 0.50
A3EAI_skill1 = [	
	["spotTime",0.50,0.59],
	["courage",0.50,0.59],
	["general",0.50,0.59]
];

//AI skill settings level 2 (Skill, Minimum skill, Maximum skill). Baseline skill level: 0.50
A3EAI_skill2 = [	
	["spotTime",0.50,0.59],
	["courage",0.50,0.59],
	["general",0.50,0.59]
];

//AI skill settings level 3 (Skill, Minimum skill, Maximum skill). Baseline skill level: 0.80
A3EAI_skill3 = [	
	["aimingAccuracy",0.25,0.30],
	["aimingShake",0.85,0.95],
	["aimingSpeed",0.85,0.95],
	["spotDistance",0.85,0.95],
	["spotTime",0.85,0.95],
	["courage",0.85,0.95],
	["reloadSpeed",0.85,0.95],
	["commanding",0.85,0.95],
	["general",0.85,0.95]
];

I get a create vehicle restriction:

25.05.2015 08:29:46: Headi (IP-xxxxxxx) e701e... - #0 "SeaGull" 3:2 [23598,17997,23]

I have added !"Seagull" or !="SeaGull" (both tested), but than comes the next restriction with #0 "SeaGull" 4:2

Where is the mistake?

A3EAI 0.6.0 has been released on Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

I've just set up a batch file to automate the update process, I don't have to manually copy files from my dev folder to Github folder, so future updates should come out faster by a few hours/days.

If upgrading to 0.6.0 introduces new problems, roll back to 0.5.8 since that version seems decently stable.

Changelog for 0.6.0:

A3EAI 0.6.0 Alpha

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo updated: Yes - Update required
A3EAI_config.sqf updated: Yes - Update required
Headless Client Files/Keys updated: Yes - Update required (For HC users)

[NEW] Reworked air reinforcement system to allow defined AI unit types to call for reinforcements once a group member is killed (no effect for lone units).
    Once called, an AI air patrol is spawned and sent to the reinforcement location, where they will patrol the area for a defined amount of time, then leave and despawn.
    Armed air vehicles will engage detected players. Unarmed air vehicles will deploy a paradrop AI group.
[ADDED] Added config option to disable filtering of AI vehicle classnames that contain init statements (disabled by default).
[ADDED] Added manual and dynamic definitions option for AI-usable scopes. Dynamic: Epoch loot tables will be used as a whitelist of allowed weapon scopes.
[ADDED] Added dynamic spawn chance scaling to allow full defined spawn chance to be in effect once a certain number of online players is reached.
[CHANGED] Scopes with thermal functions are now banned from dynamic classname list.
[CHANGED] Increased default air vehicle player detection probability slightly.
[CHANGED] Lowered default maximum Krypto rewards.
[CHANGED] Tweaked default AI item loot probabilities.
[CHANGED] A3EAI will now allow Tanks to be used for AI land vehicle patrols.
[CHANGED] A3EAI will now transfer AI groups to HC at a controlled rate, rather than all at once to prevent issues.
[CHANGED] A3EAI will now attempt to remove dropped launcher weapons.
[CHANGED] AI tool item probabilities (ie: NVG) can now be defined on a per-level basis.
[CHANGED] Custom AI vehicle spawns: Spawn prevention distance for nearby players reduced from 300 meters to 100 meters.
[CHANGED] A3EAI can now also add loot items to AI uniform storage slots.
[CHANGED] A3EAI will now wait until all Epoch buildables have been spawned before generating static spawns, and avoid creating spawns near Frequency Jammers. Note: Placing a Jammer will only prevent a static spawn from being generated on next server restart.
[FIXED] AI groups with single waypoint will no longer trigger anti-stuck functions.
[FIXED] A3EAI will now properly clean up dummy HC units for failed authorization attempts.

Face at some point have you thought of allowing it so players can have the AI vehicles to be kept by the player that clears out the AI. I know some server owners don't want that but others do.

BTW I used the AI on A2 You out did yourself here. Thank you.

Face at some point have you thought of allowing it so players can have the AI vehicles to be kept by the player that clears out the AI. I know some server owners don't want that but others do.

This has been requested many times, each time I've said that I am 100% against player using AI vehicles and saving vehicles to the DB. Perhaps sometime I will make a full list of features that I've turned down.

You definitely don't want to start saving mission vehicles, because of the way the DB works. Say you have 10 Trucks in your epochconfig. Missions create another 5 trucks, which are kept by players. Next restart, the server will ONLY load 10 of those trucks NOT 15, and you'll get a ton of people saying their vehicle has been stolen or whatever.

3 weeks after removing the option to save SEM vehicles, I'm still dealing with the aftermath of having too many Striders on the map. So until they change the way the DB loads vehicles, I'd strongly recommend leaving them to despawn.

You definitely don't want to start saving mission vehicles, because of the way the DB works. Say you have 10 Trucks in your epochconfig. Missions create another 5 trucks, which are kept by players. Next restart, the server will ONLY load 10 of those trucks NOT 15, and you'll get a ton of people saying their vehicle has been stolen or whatever.

3 weeks after removing the option to save SEM vehicles, I'm still dealing with the aftermath of having too many Striders on the map. So until they change the way the DB loads vehicles, I'd strongly recommend leaving them to despawn.

It doesn't make vehicles disappear, it just stops any new ones of that type spawning as a new vehicle spawn. You could set your hatchback limit to 10 and spawn in 20 with infiSTAR and there would still be those 20 on the map after the server restarted.

This has been requested many times, each time I've said that I am 100% against player using AI vehicles and saving vehicles to the DB. Perhaps sometime I will make a full list of features that I've turned down.

Back in the dayZ of Dayz-mod we used to allow to take some parts of the dayzai or other AI-mod spawned vehicles (random wheel ,fuelpart etc) , maybe a idea for the Devs to get some extra gameplay

Now its just a simple vehiclepart

I installed A3EAI on my PC (not on a server) to test the ai missions, but unfortunately nothing happens. I connected to the server and waited about 1 hour but no mission is going to spawn. Is there any command to spawn a mission?

This is not a mission script it is only for providing static, dynamic and custom AI.

Hey Face,

I added vehicles to the script and it completely broke all vehicle spawns just like the last time I tried it.

Here's what the vehicle spawn class looks like straight out of my sqf:

//Classnames of land vehicle types to use, with the maximum amount of each type to spawn.

A3EAI_vehList = [
["C_Van_01_transport_EPOCH",1],
["C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",1],
["C_Hatchback_02_EPOCH",1],
["C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",1],
["B_Truck_01_transport_EPOCH",1],
["B_Truck_01_mover_EPOCH",1],
["B_Truck_01_covered_EPOCH",1],
["B_Truck_01_box_EPOCH",1],
//Custom Vehicle Adds
["I_MRAP_03_F",1],
["I_MRAP_03_hmg_F",1],
["I_MRAP_03_gmg_F",1],
["B_MRAP_01_F",1],
["B_MRAP_01_gmg_F",1],
["B_MRAP_01_hmg_F",1],
["O_MRAP_02_F",1],
["O_MRAP_02_hmg_F",1],
["O_MRAP_02_gmg_F",1],
["B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F",2],
["O_G_Offroad_01_F",2],
["O_G_Offroad_01_armed_F",2],
["I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F",2],
["O_Truck_02_fuel_F",1],
["B_Truck_01_transport_F",1],
["B_Truck_01_covered_F",1],
["B_Truck_01_box_F",1],
["B_Truck_01_Repair_F",1],
["B_Truck_01_ammo_F",1],
["B_Truck_01_fuel_F",1],
["B_Truck_01_medical_F",1],
["O_Truck_02_covered_F",1],
["O_Truck_02_transport_F",1],
["O_Truck_02_box_F",1],
["O_Truck_02_medical_F",1],
["O_Truck_02_Ammo_F",1],
["O_Truck_02_fuel_F",1],
["I_Truck_02_ammo_F",1],
["I_Truck_02_box_F",1],
["I_Truck_02_medical_F",1],
["I_Truck_02_fuel_F",1],
];

Hey Face,

I added vehicles to the script and it completely broke all vehicle spawns just like the last time I tried it.

Here's what the vehicle spawn class looks like straight out of my sqf:

here is why

["I_Truck_02_fuel_F",1],

];

do this

["I_Truck_02_fuel_F",1] <-------- no comma at the end

];

sec reviewing his script again, I forgot if it was like that.

here is mine, not being used atm

A3EAI_vehList = [

["B_MRAP_01_EPOCH",5],

["C_Van_01_transport_EPOCH",5],

["C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",5],

["C_Hatchback_02_EPOCH",5],

["C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",5],

["B_Truck_01_transport_EPOCH",5],

["B_Truck_01_mover_EPOCH",5],

["B_Truck_01_covered_EPOCH",5],

["B_Truck_01_box_EPOCH",5]

];

so I was correct, don't put the comma at the end.

Hey face great script been using it for a while now, is it possible to break the A3EAI_vehList into the 4 levels of difficulty? so you can have 0 is cars, 1 is trucks, 2 is armoured cars, 3 is tanks etc

here is why

["I_Truck_02_fuel_F",1],

];

do this

["I_Truck_02_fuel_F",1] <-------- no comma at the end

];

sec reviewing his script again, I forgot if it was like that.

here is mine, not being used atm

A3EAI_vehList = [

["B_MRAP_01_EPOCH",5],

["C_Van_01_transport_EPOCH",5],

["C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",5],

["C_Hatchback_02_EPOCH",5],

["C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",5],

["B_Truck_01_transport_EPOCH",5],

["B_Truck_01_mover_EPOCH",5],

["B_Truck_01_covered_EPOCH",5],

["B_Truck_01_box_EPOCH",5]

];

so I was correct, don't put the comma at the end.

Removed comma, still broken.  No vehicles spawning whatsover.  Swapped in the default config file and everything started working again.  The changes in that list is the only difference between default and customized.

EDIT: Got it working.  Removed that comma but then I forgot to ADD a comma after ["B_Truck_01_box_EPOCH",5].

Awesome!

For anyone trying to add a AI Hellcat without rockets, change A3EAI_removeMissiles.sqf  to this.

if ((typeName _this) != "OBJECT") exitWith {};

private ["_vehicleWeapons","_turretWeapons","_turretMags","_cursorAim","_missileMags","_vehicleMags","_missileTurMags"];

_vehicleWeapons = +(weapons _this);
_vehicleMags = +(magazines _this);
_turretWeapons = +(_this weaponsTurret [-1]);
_turretMags = +(_this magazinesTurret [-1]);

{
_cursorAim = [configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x,"cursorAim",""] call BIS_fnc_returnConfigEntry;
if ((toLower _cursorAim) in ["missile","rocket"]) then {
_missileMags = [configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x,"magazines",[]] call BIS_fnc_returnConfigEntry;
{ if (_x in _vehicleMags) then { _this removeMagazines _x; }; } count _missileMags;
_this removeWeapon _x;
if (A3EAI_debugLevel > 1) then {diag_log format ["A3EAI Extended Debug: Removed missile/rocket weapon %1 from vehicle %2.",_x,(typeOf _this)];};
};
} forEach _vehicleWeapons;

{
_cursorAim = [configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x,"cursorAim",""] call BIS_fnc_returnConfigEntry;
if ((toLower _cursorAim) in ["missile","rocket"]) then {
_missileTurMags = [configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x,"magazines",[]] call BIS_fnc_returnConfigEntry;
{ if (_x in _turretMags) then { _this removeMagazinesTurret [_x,[-1]]; }; } count _missileTurMags;
_this removeWeaponTurret [_x,[-1]];
if (A3EAI_debugLevel > 1) then {diag_log format ["A3EAI Extended Debug: Removed turret missile/rocket weapon %1 from vehicle %2.",_x,(typeOf _this)];};
};
} forEach _turretWeapons;

true

Hey guys, can I blacklist an item like the lockbox in the soldier loot?

//true: Generate AI generic loot types from Epoch loot tables (Default)
//false: Loot defined by A3EAI_MiscLoot1
A3EAI_dynamicLootList = true; //false and remove item from a3eai loot array

//true: Generate AI generic loot (large) types from Epoch loot tables (Default)
//false: Loot defined by A3EAI_MiscLoot2
A3EAI_dynamicLootLargeList = true; //some like ^^^^