H1Z1

madnuss

Richie, I left my opinion on that dude's video... wow how did he even get 27k subs...

Maybe you should look up an actual gameplay or a fun streamer to see what the game is actually about. That review is just pathetic drama coming from a guy who has zero technical knowledge about game development and bureaucracy behind big corps.

Is the game worth the money atm? Definitely not. SOE consists of group of very experienced people, they uses hype and clever marketing to milk people, can't blame them tho.

Don't forget it's Sony we are talking about, this game will definitely shape up pretty close to what it claims it will be, give it some time.

But for now, this alpha is just a tool to cash in for youtubers and streamers as well as developers. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qja6mlP46H4

It doesn't look that good to me, that review ... I'm in 2 minds :unsure:

possibly the most ignorant review i have ever seen clearly played the game for a hour max, I have played the game for 30 hours its worth every penny there are bugs that sony are fixing within a day of them being put to them, i have played Dayz,Arma mods,Epoch,BP,Dayz SA everything to do with zombie related MMO's i have put good aamountof hours into and if you dont like this then you clearly dont like the Survival genre you just jump on the zombie band wagon after watching the walking dead. Not a rant against you Richie just the idiot that made that video infuriated me aha 

What a load of ass... P2W (No sorry pay for some other person to win) and pay a multimillion $$ company to test there game for them...Not for me...

Paying money for a airdrop... oh no sorry a server event is a joke... I could script a event like that in arma in about 20 mins.. Talk about getting raped by the developers.

What a load of ass... P2W (No sorry pay for some other person to win) and pay a multimillion $$ company to test there game for them...Not for me...

Paying money for a airdrop... oh no sorry a server event is a joke... I could script a event like that in arma in about 20 mins.. Talk about getting raped by the developers.

Yeh, people were quite mad about the pay to win part, SOE are aware of rants. There was a patch yesterday around midnight, they brought servers down twice.. they claims that p2w part was removed and graphics upgraded... was watching the stream, but had to get some sleep before I saw if patch actually did what SOE claimed it will.

So basically, it seems that Battle Royale will be their cash cow, you can still get tickets for just playing the game or be refunded if you are one of 8 last ones standing.... but yeah... that's all info I have

OP all you ever do on this forum is shamelessly promote your YT channel, plz do it somewhere else.

As for H1Z1 it is a shitty p2win with graphics that look worse than DayzSA.

The Sony devs (as usual) lied all through the development telling us it will be f2p, when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth. But I don't know why I even surprised by this, they are only in it for the money and don't care about the customers think; StarWars:Galaxies and EverQuest, two brilliant game that they killed.

Here is some evidence of their h1z1 shenanigans

9CE4FpH.jpg

It will be F2P.... ONCE IT'S RELEASED.

Wow you guys are dense...

This game will be early access for at least a year, and is miles ahead of dayz standalone. Once it's released SOE has stated it is a F2P game.

At least they listen to their community and are updating the game.

How's that buggy V3S working out for ya in standalone? :D

The Sony devs (as usual) lied all through the development telling us it will be f2p, when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth. 

Actually they said it will have micro transactions and payments from day one h1z1 was announced. They even kept reminding people almost every stream that game will be free to play on release, pay to play in alpha stage and micro transactions/cash shop will be used to earn some money. SOE said they need to make money somehow, at first they wanted to do cosmetics only, at that point I stopped following development announcements.

However what enraged fans was the mistake of adding loot crates containing weapons and meds, that is pay to win in its purest form. But this is now fixed in latest patch and loot crates containts bullshit.

The game was never intended to be free... as in free-free. It's a corporation we are talking about, that's not how any of this works for them. They might end up using similar idea to what PS2 uses, minus the weapons, plus BR tickets, where you can obtain same stuff by just playing the game, or boost using station cash. We'll see...

Actually they said it will have micro transactions and payments from day one h1z1 was announced. They even kept reminding people almost every stream that game will be free to play on release, pay to play in alpha stage and micro transactions/cash shop will be used to earn some money. SOE said they need to make money somehow, at first they wanted to do cosmetics only, at that point I stopped following development announcements.

However what enraged fans was the mistake of adding loot crates containing weapons and meds, that is pay to win in its purest form. But this is now fixed in latest patch and loot crates containts bullshit.

The game was never intended to be free... as in free-free. It's a corporation we are talking about, that's not how any of this works for them. They might end up using similar idea to what PS2 uses, minus the weapons, plus BR tickets, where you can obtain same stuff by just playing the game, or boost using station cash. We'll see...

I just hate it when games are marketed as f2p, when in fact it is a p2w monitization system in disguise.. lets hope the next patch is going to make the crates have crap.

It will be F2P.... ONCE IT'S RELEASED.

Wow you guys are dense...

This game will be early access for at least a year, and is miles ahead of dayz standalone. Once it's released SOE has stated it is a F2P game.

At least they listen to their community and are updating the game.

How's that buggy V3S working out for ya in standalone? :D

Have you even played it? Yes i'm well aware that we 'choose' to pay for early access, but the fact they stated all the way through development that it will only make money from cosmetic items etc and not guns/ammo (p2win) was complete lies and they are only saying they are changing it now because the community called them out.

Have you even played it? Yes i'm well aware that we 'choose' to pay for early access, but the fact they stated all the way through development that it will only make money from cosmetic items etc and not guns/ammo (p2win) was complete lies and they are only saying they are changing it now because the community called them out.

So why not accept the fact that they are listening to the community and making changes?

That's a pretty big step for a company as big as SOE.

So why not accept the fact that they are listening to the community and making changes?

That's a pretty big step for a company as big as SOE.

That all good and well that they listened to the community, what makes you think i have not accepted that? Its the fact that they blatantly lied about not selling weapons that im upset about and they still are making money until this patch is released.

That all good and well that they listened to the community, what makes you think i have not accepted that? Its the fact that they blatantly lied about not selling weapons that im upset about and they still are making money until this patch is released.

Then don't pay for early access and wait until they release it :D

All characters got wiped yesterday, btw. Lewt crates are in past and irrelevant now. Liking the graphics update so far, still needs tons of polishing tho... Ryan Favale is slacking off with shaders Kappa.png /

Can't wait for enabled winter shaders, that shit looks so damn good... kind of jealous you can't do it in arma... properly and dynamically that is.

All characters got wiped yesterday, btw. Lewt crates are in past and irrelevant now. Liking the graphics update so far, still needs tons of polishing tho... Ryan Favale is slacking off with shaders Kappa.png /

Can't wait for enabled winter shaders, that shit looks so damn good... kind of jealous you can't do it in arma... properly and dynamically that is.

Ugh i can't get over the fact about how horrible it all looks. The ARMA engine has it flaws but even with all it's quirkyness I still feel like the Forgelight engine will never be capable of providing me with the graphics i need to get the immersion wanted for games like DayZ. I believe they are already pushing the limits on the engine graphic wise, simply compare it to the other games on that engine.

Everquest

EverQuest-2-3.jpg

Landmark

2417534-everquestlandmark.jpg

Planetside 2

planetside-2.jpg

H1Z1

H1Z1-screenshot-1.jpg

Imho it lacks the high res textures/landscaping and terrain that is needed to create an truly immersive game. It kinda has the same challenge that DayZ has, where the ARMA engine is a simulator that is not (yet) capable of handling the amount of entities needed to make it awesome. Forgelight has the problem that it can handle those, but is not (yet) capable of handling decent looking realistic graphics.

vEzltXP.jpg

That being said, for the sake of competition, I'm hopeful people will actually keep playing this and that it will become a great success. I'll keep my eye on it and will play it from time to time, but right now i don't think this game is for me :)

So all i do is solely promote my youtube channel yet out of the 2 threads i have created we have a 2 page discussion & another with about 4-5 pages that what a forum is for generating a conversation, So what if i do abit of personal advertising along the way im doing nothing wrong, I created this thread the day was released and linked videos to help new players out but apparently that is just all for myself because yes i am making so much money from those views aren't i, NO i actually want to help people in a community i have been apart of for years because i know what it is like coming into these sort of games and not having the first clue what i am doing sorry to all the veteran players who know everything about everything the little people need help to and if this is away i am going to get it to them then i will keep doing it. 

• 3 weeks later...