[How To] Epoch Chernarus

speaR

These are the things you have to do to get, chernarus working

This is what you need: A working Arma 3 Epoch server for example on Altis or Stratis. A Programm to open, extract and pack pbos, I recommend pbo manager. To edit the files an editor, for example notepad++.

1: you have to download the AllInArmaterrainPack Lite for your server which has the chernarus map inside and the AllInArmaterrainPack for your client which you have to put inside your Arma 3 folder

2: extract the AllInArmaterrainPack inside of your a3 server folder

3: inside the @AllInArmaTerrainPack Lite folder you can find a folder called keys. copy these keys inside the keys folder which is located in your arma 3 server folder. (You also have to copy the keys of the regular @AllInArmaTerrainPack) ( the Epoch key should be also contained inside this folder)

4: check if you have a mission pbo inside your mpmissions folder, if yes you are fine, if not download the latest epoch files in which you will find it.

5: let the server load the chernarus mission. to get the server load the chernarus mission you have to go to SC\config.cfg line 39

change this:

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below) epoch.Altis epoch.Stratis epoch_noZ.Altis
class Missions
{
	class Epoch {
		template = epoch.Altis; // DO NOT CHANGE THIS, IT WILL BREAK YOUR SERVER
		difficulty = "veteran";    // difficulty settings: veteran == NORMAL, mercenary == HARDCORE
	};
};
to this
// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below) epoch.Altis epoch.Stratis epoch_noZ.Altis
class Missions
{
	class Epoch {
		template = epoch.Chernarus; // DO NOT CHANGE THIS, IT WILL BREAK YOUR SERVER
		difficulty = "veteran";    // difficulty settings: veteran == NORMAL, mercenary == HARDCORE
	};
};
6: edit your start param

eter. open your server start bat. after @epoch_hive; add @AllInArmaTerrainpack; so the mods part looks like : -mod=@Epoch;@epoch_hive;@AllInArmaTerrainpack;

As an example:

arma3server.exe-mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;@AllInArmaTerrainPack -config=C:\yourserverpath\SC\config.cfg -ip=192.168.71.234 -port=2302 -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\yourserverpath\SC\basic.cfg -name=SC
7: if you already had the server running with another map go to your Epoch server folder\DB and delete the dumb file, or create a folder to backup it there.

8: start your game with the @AllInArmaTerrainpack addon. If you're trying around editing with the 3D editor or other mods I suggest you starting the game with a bat which calls the parameters. create a bat with the following content for Epoch with the AiA pack:

arma3.exe -mod=@Epoch;@AllInArmaTerrainpack; - noSplash
(for recruits : the -mods part tells the game which @ addons it has to load. -noSplash causes that there's no annoying Arma intro shown when starting the game)

If you have any questions unanswered feel free to PM me or visit me in one of the TeamSpeak servers given in the signature.

the server work but i get script restriction 20 can you post your be filter mine are vanila

05.12.2014 16:41:07: My Name (an.ip.add.ress) alongnumberwashere - #20 "(_this select 0) execVM "\A3\Soft_F_Bootcamp\Offroad_01\scripts\random ize_ colors.sqf""

This has nothing to do with speaR's guide, you've added a script and haven't changed the filters, then post here for speaR to help you :rolleyes:

This post is for players setting up an Epoch Chernarus server, script help belongs in the scripts thread, the answer has also been posted on the forum, go use search and don't be lazy :p

• 3 months later...

hey im having a problem and my host seems too know nothing about anything... or just cant be bothered to help... my server status is stuck on creating, and when theres no one on the server the server status is blank.. when theres people on the server it says playing , but there cant be someone on 24/7... its like the server is stuck in restart mode or something because when im in the lobby theres a timeout at the top counting down from 90, but it never goes away when i die and go back too the lobby its back up too 90 again. 

please any help would be hugely appreciated 

@ Scrote, in your config.cfg you want the following added or set to 1, this will mean the mission still runs even when the last player disconnects.

persistent    = 1;

Also in your launch parameters add

-autoInit

This will start the mission without anyone needing to join.

• 1 month later...

Servers should use the AiA TP Lite :) apart from that good guide, remember to include all 3 AiA TP keys, there's HD, Lite and Data

Just curious why servers are recommended to utilize the AiATp lite version since the texture quality IS LOWER than what you can expect from the standard, i.e. "non-lite" terrain package and would also be transferred to the joining player..

Just curious why servers are recommended to utilize the AiATp lite version

becourse it is a smaller package.

theoreticly it should be less to load for the server, but thats not exactly the case, there is no actual diffrence for the server wheater it is running one or the other, the only diffrence is what the clients load and what keys you have on the server.

... and would also be transferred to the joining player..

nothing is "transferred" to the players joining, the players joing use the mod they loaded.

becourse it is a smaller package.

theoreticly it should be less to load for the server, but thats not exactly the case, there is no actual diffrence for the server wheater it is running one or the other, the only diffrence is what the clients load and what keys you have on the server.

nothing is "transferred" to the players joining, the players joing use the mod they loaded

I should have clarified.

So lets say the server is running AiATP lite, a client joins with the regular version. Would their terrain render at what AiATP package they are using clientside? or would it only render at what the server is utilizing?  (I'm assuming whatever the client had)

Two- would they get kickeded for mod mismatches? 

and 

Three- What's the benifit? does the lite version offer better server performance in the way of FPS?

A smaller package means nothing to me as I'm not worried about saving a few gigs on my SSD , I'm only concerned with increased server FPS

Thank you in advance

My server host only offers the lite package in the mod installs. What i did was change the folder name and removed 'lite' from the name. Players with the full and lite can join my server.

it wont matter what the folder name is wheater clients can connect or not, its up to what keys are in the servers keys folder.