customizing / exciting DayZ / ability to play

Hey Gamers,

i had a few days of customizing the Map Sauerland and a few Scripts and the AI's and i thought about "How to make DayZ more exciting?" or "What should i do next without getting bored?".

I mean, "professional" DayZ gamer don't play every day for 10 Hours just for looting Food, don't they?

So i added Wicked AI and DZMS. Good. But the missions were not as hard as i thought - customized the scripts. Works fine. Less loot - harder NPC's. Also good.

And i often saw that there is a brutal routine in how to play DayZ:

1. Login the first time
  2. loot food and basic stuff
  3. loot weapons
  4. build a base
  5. find cars etc.
  6. sell them and buy lockable cars
  7. login every day for looting and selling (e.g. for maintaining base etc.)
  8. thats it

Now i want to ask everyone of you - 

• What do you do or how do you play or how did you customize your server to keep DayZ exciting? 
  • How do you prevent NOT falling in such a routine (i know sometimes you have to do it - just for surviving)?
  • Which modifications do you prefer?
  • How many Co-Gamer do you have on your Server? 
  • More Players = more fun?
  • How do you make it more difficult to survive? (less food spawn or more NPC's on tour etc.?)

I'm just bloody curious how you guys customize your world so that you keep playing day by day!

(and maybe i can steal a few ideas :P)

Hope everyone enjoys it like i do (mixture of customizing and playing)!

Cheers Shizo

DayZmod is not dead. Yesterday the FINALdayZ sever enjoyed players throughout a full 24 hour period. More join every week. Perhaps making DayZ too easy (traders, map markers, uber loot, lockable vehicles, temperate weather, abundant food) has sullied the experience too much making it comparable to an FPS rather than a survival game.

I had advertised the server on this forum for six months and very few people expressed any interest. The moment I advertised it upon the DayZ forum it gained traction. DayZ is about hardcore survival, not pink guns and shopping...

We had a few visitors on our Server - young Gamer (i think). 

They asked us if we can put everything in the Toolbelt when you die and respawn as default inventory.

I mean - how can you play a survival game when u have everytime EVERYTHING? 

Would be like you have a lockable Car/Truck and a Base and every Weapon everytime you respawn. So u can sit in your base and drink coffe and wait for nothing.

------------------------------------------------------

When do all of you expect we can have DayZ Standalone Server? Or won't there be any server for Standalone in the future?

Ever tried something else as Zombie Survival? H1Z1 or stuff like that?

And like you said - i hope Arma 3 brings a few new features (or nice bugs). We'll see.