EPDs Mega Release Thread (Update 27.01 AI Sites + NWAF Trader)

EPD

EDP these scripts are awesome thanks a lot man! I don't really know anything about scripting but was able to create the buildings file, add the scripts I want, and execute them. Problem Im having is that the traders are cloned, as a previous person had happen. How do I fix this?? I added one execute command for each trader in my init.sqf, is that wrong?

Thanks again!

yea where in the instructions did you see it mention doing anything in the mission? Post your init.sqf I gotta see exactly what you mean by adding one execute command for each trader.

If you called them twice, either twice in the mission pbo, twice in the server pbo, or once in the mission and once in the server, they'll duplicate.

Okay I will call them server side, my mistake I didn't see the instructions. I put each one into a building folder in the mission pbo and then I added an executevm under //mod config in my int.sqf. I though I was doing it correctly because they showed up, but the I noticed the traders. Also when I shot the crates the would duplicate over and over....pretty interesting. My server is down, going to install backup and follow instructions. I use survival servers and it seems like they have trouble on their end as well. I downloaded my backup pbos in and sometimes it still doesn't work....thanks for the replies, I will post back results.

In the instructions it doesn't specifically say where I should add the execute line in the init.sqf, I put it at the very bottom but guessing it must need to go earlier because my server wont authenticate

the only thing the instructions mention about the init.sqf, is for the markers to show up on your map. the traders go in your server PBO

and you can call the markers at the very bottom of your init.sqf if you want. Maybe under the dedicated section. Honestly you should just add them to your mission.sqm like all of the other markers. If you open your mission sqm and search for markers, you'll see how the Stary Trader City markers and Bash etc are added. You can literally copy one of those. Change the names and the coords, and then change the number at the top to whatever the total number of markers is. Just keep in mind the markers start counting at zero.. so even though you've just added (making this number up) marker 7, at the top where it says items =   it would be

items=8;

because 0-7 is actually 8 total.

here's a snippet of my markers section in my mission.sqm, hope it gives you an idea.

class Markers
    {
        items=29;
        class Item0
        {
            position[]={7839.6055,381.33774,8414.7324};
            name="center";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item1
        {
            position[]={-7245.377,365.98782,19535.367};
            name="respawn_west";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item2
        {
            position[]={4932.3345,0.39950246,1989.1094};
            name="spawn0";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item3
        {
            position[]={2236.0391,0.63119155,1923.3735};
            name="spawn1";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item4
        {
            position[]={8738.1328,0.45720705,2122.1082};
            name="spawn2";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item5
        {
            position[]={10909.267,0.57597214,2422.3096};
            name="spawn3";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item6
        {
            position[]={13510.764,0.44504455,5249.3027};
            name="spawn4";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item7
        {
            position[]={6326.4805,304.99265,7809.4888};
            name="Tradercitystary";
            text="Trader City Stary";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item8
        {
            position[]={4205.4,0.002,2339.8};
            name="wholesaleSouth";
            text="Wholesaler";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item9
        {
            position[]={13532.614,3.0083523,6355.9497};
            name="boatTraderEast";
            text="Wholesaler";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item10
        {
            position[]={7989.3354,0.30462033,2900.9946};
            name="BoatDealerSouth";
            text="Boat Dealer";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item11
        {
            position[]={12040.6, 0.001, 12675.4};
            name="AirVehicles";
            text="Aircraft Dealer";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorKhaki";
        };
        class Item12
        {
            position[]={1612.89,0.001,7767.72};
            name="BanditDen";
            text="Bandit Den";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorRed";
        };
        class Item13
        {
            position[]={11447.91,317.27109,11364.536};
            name="Klen";
            text="Trader City Klen";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item14
        {
            position[]={13441.16,1.1406164,5429.3013};
            name="BoatDealerEast";
            text="Boat Dealer";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item15
        {
            position[]={4064.2258,365.13501,11665.938};
            name="TradercityBash";
            text="Trader City Bash";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item16
        {
            position[]={12944.227,210.19823,12766.889};
            name="HeroTrader";
            text="Hero Camp";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlue";
        };
        class Item17
        {
            position[]={5054.0127,14.798248,9736.8398};
            name="AirVehicles";
            text="Aircraft Dealer";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorKhaki";
        };
        class Item18
        {
            position[]={4669.7114,6.1035156e-005,11959.103};
            name="Villa";
            text="The Villa";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBrown";
        };
        class Item19
        {
            position[]={7620.08,0.002,5370.81};
            name="spawn5";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item20
        {
            position[]={2385.04,0.002,6336.13};
            name="spawn6";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item21
        {
            position[]={11198.2,0.002,6445.32};
            name="spawn7";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item22
        {
            position[]={8497.78,0.001,11890.8};
            name="spawn8";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item23
        {
            position[]={2822.64,0.002,10123.3};
            name="spawn9";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item24
        {
            position[]={10718.305,0.08173535,5675.5303 };
            name="Banker1";
            text="Banker";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorGreenAlpha";
        };
        class Item25
        {
            position[]={6221.2905,0.079633094,4625.8779};
            name="Banker2";
            text="Banker";
            type="mil_dot";
        };
        class Item26
        {
            position[]={3348.04,0.001,5300.36};
            name="Banker3";
            text="Banker";
            type="mil_dot";
        };
        class Item27
        {
            position[]={8696.0078,0.001,13347.706};
            name="Banker4";
            text="Banker";
            type="mil_dot";
        };
        class Item28
        {
            position[]={2303.8218,0.001,9635.6641};
            name="LopatinoTrader";
            text="Lopatino Traders";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
    };

Sorry, again Ive never experienced any type of scripting before. I meant to ask where to put the line execvm "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\execution.sqf. Thanks a lot for the responses.

I don't know where to put that line in the server functions sqf.

If Im still blowing it I will post my files and show you what im doing, off to work for now.

Sorry, again Ive never experienced any type of scripting before. I meant to ask where to put the line execvm "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\execution.sqf. Thanks a lot for the responses.

I don't know where to put that line in the server functions sqf.

If Im still blowing it I will post my files and show you what im doing, off to work for now.

at the very bottom of the file. The very last line.

KillKillKill, try this (of course you have to put your coords there, its just an example):

// partol coords, spawn pos, radius patrol, steps, vehicle, skill level, unit class name, hero or bandit

UH1H version, armed with M240
[[16408.299, 18421.068,0],[19000,19500,150],1800,10,"UH1H_DZ","Random","Random","Bandit"] spawn heli_patrol;

Chinook version, armed with M134
[[18320.824, 2210.240,0],[100,100,100],1800,10,"CH_47F_EP1","Random","Random","Hero"] spawn heli_patrol;

I've made few AI bases on Cherno and Napf, and to spawn units/static guns/partols/paratroopers im using only "default.sqf" file located in "static" folder.

Below you have an examples of paradrops:

[[911.21545,4532.7612,2.6292224],[10,10,200],400,"UH1H_DZ",5,"Random","Random",4,"Random","Bandit2_DZ","Random","Bandit",true] spawn heli_para;

[[911.21545,4532.7612,2.6292224],[10,10,200],400,"UH1H_DZ",5,"extreme",["Random","at"],4,"Random","Bandit2_DZ","Random","Hero",true] spawn heli_para;

description:

[911.21545,4532.7612,2.6292224],    // Position that units will be dropped by
        [10,10,200],                            // Starting position of the heli
        400,                                // Radius from drop position a player has to be to spawn chopper
        "UH1H_DZ",                            // Classname of chopper (Make sure it has 2 gunner seats!)
        5,                                    // Number of units to be para dropped
        "Random",                            // Skill level of units (easy, medium, hard, extreme, Random)
        "Random",    or ["Random","at"],        // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher
        4,                                    // Number of magazines
        "Random",                            // Backpack classname, use "Random" or classname here
        "Bandit2_DZ",                        // Skin classname, use "Random" or classname here
        "Random",                            // Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set.
        "Bandit",                            // AI Type, "Hero" or "Bandit".
        true                                // true: Aircraft will stay at position and fight. false: Heli will leave if not under fire.

So I feel like I followed the directions but my server will not authenticate.

Could someone look at my things for me?

Execution file

/*
===============================================
        buildings execution    
*/
// Trader Cities
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\StaroyeTrader.sqf";

// Custom Map Addons
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\neaf.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\nwaf.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\Secretairfield.sqf";

This is the execute line at the bottom of my server_functions sqf

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\execution.sqf";

My buildings folders consists of the sqf files, execution neaf nwaf Secretairfield and StaroyeTrader.

When I try to load in I get "waiting for server to start authentication. I added the marker as well for staroye mission side, if you need to see it let me know. I know some of these arent from this posts BUT if i put them mission side they all work. Why cant I authenticate when installing things server side???

So I feel like I followed the directions but my server will not authenticate.

Could someone look at my things for me?

Execution file

/*

buildings execution    

*/

// Trader Cities

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\StaroyeTrader.sqf";

// Custom Map Addons

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\neaf.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\nwaf.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\Secretairfield.sqf";

This is the execute line at the bottom of my server_functions sqf

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\execution.sqf";

My buildings folders consists of the sqf files, execution neaf nwaf Secretairfield and StaroyeTrader.

When I try to load in I get "waiting for server to start authentication. I added the marker as well for staroye mission side, if you need to see it let me know. I know some of these arent from this posts BUT if i put them mission side they all work. Why cant I authenticate when installing things server side???

what does your RPT say?

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that on the marker settings you just have two different number settings? Do these go with the other markers I have ingame or do these need to be entered somewhere else? Reason why I ask is that all my other markers have three different number settings.

can you give an example of what you're talking about? Are you talking about world position coordinates for a map marker? Technically, I don't think you need 3 sets of numbers (x,y,z) because the map is 2 dimensional and you dont need to set the marker a certain height above sea level.

Thanks DangerRuss, I figured it out, didn't know about the spoiler in the first post til I looked back at a few other pages.

I have installed the two AI Prison and the AI Constuction on my server. I placed the WAI setup in WAI/static/chernarus.sqf under Place your custom group spawns below but the WAI are not showing up. Does anyone know where exactlly I need to place these setups?

Thanks DangerRuss, I figured it out, didn't know about the spoiler in the first post til I looked back at a few other pages.

I have installed the two AI Prison and the AI Constuction on my server. I placed the WAI setup in WAI/static/chernarus.sqf under Place your custom group spawns below but the WAI are not showing up. Does anyone know where exactlly I need to place these setups?

It depends on your config file.

Jki19xZ.jpg

If you have custom_per_world = true then place settings in chernarus.sqf

If you are running single server then make it false and place settings in default.sqf

I got Lopatino and Staroye in, looks great but the traders dont actually function as well as they arent safezones. Any ideas?

Like I explained in the PM, you have to make sure the ai classnames in the server_traders.sqf match the ai classnames in the files he gives you

Safe zones are dependent on either the safe zone script, where you define the coordinates and the radius of the safe zones, or it automatically recognizes the safe zone sensors in your mission.sqm and uses those, or both.