Server Restarts with 2 Servers on Same Dedicated Box

dishner2013

Question

So I just launched our new napf server and realized that the current way I restart the server would kill both instances of arma2oaserver.exe instead of killing the specific one. 

So I was wondering if any other owners had figured out a way to restart servers independently in the same OS. IE my chernarus server at this point.. and my napf one at this point . My Scheduler is set to do them every 4 hours on the dot. Will I end up having to set them to restart at specific times, IE one at 2 P.M the other at 4 P.M. and then the first one at 6 P.M and the one at 8 P.M. I hate to do that just because if something errors then there could be a really short play time in between those restarts .

My current restart.bat file

@echo off
echo.
echo KILL arma2oaserver.exe
set serverkill="C:\Dayz Epoch Server"
cd /d %serverkill%
taskkill /im arma2oaserver.exe
echo.
echo Kill Bec.exe
set beckill="C:\BEC"
cd /d %beckill%
taskkill /im bec.exe

timeout 10

echo.
echo Starting Dayz Server
:: start the server..
set dayzpath="C:\Dayz Epoch Server"
cd /d %dayzpath%
start "" /affinity 0x3 "DayZ_Epoch_instance_11_Chernarus.bat"
echo.
echo Starting Bec
timeout 30
:: start bec
set becpath="C:\BEC"
cd /d %becpath%
start "" "bec.exe" -f Config.cfg
echo.
echo Server Started 100%

cls
@exit

If there is thread already I couldn't find it. So please link it and tell me how stupid I am and I'll gladly delete this one :D

Thanks in advance!

ReconRecker

10 answers to this question

When we had a cherno and Panth server running I put two BEC folders on my servers SDD, so "ChernarusBEC" and "PantheraBEC"

I renamed the BEC.exe inside "PantheraBEC" to BEC1 and changed it in start.bat. I also renamed the .exe to start the server, however we ran Chernarus, Panthera, Namalsk and Taviana all from the same folder to save space so we had to do that anyway.
I made a seperate restart.bat on my desktop too with everything named differently. Maybe someone else has a better method but that's how we did it and it worked good. If i had to emergency restart a server for any reason than only 1 server would be effected.

One more thing, where is everyone getting their server fps from? I can't find that log anywhere in my files, what's it named usually? or am I missing something to make it happen. I have the DZEDebug value (It's name something different I think) in my configs set to slow, but it doesn't show where that will be logged?

Fraps, dxtory, steam overlay, custom debug monitors generally give fps for the client, which you can take as server fps assuming you don't have a potato computer. Unless theres something i dont know about.

If i were to post on a topic and say "my server is running at 30fps" or "my server gets about 30fps" that means, when i am on my server in particular, i only get 30fps.

On 1/15/2015 at 0:26 PM, mandy561 said:

When we had a cherno and Panth server running I put two BEC folders on my servers SDD, so "ChernarusBEC" and "PantheraBEC"

I renamed the BEC.exe inside "PantheraBEC" to BEC1 and changed it in start.bat. I also renamed the .exe to start the server, however we ran Chernarus, Panthera, Namalsk and Taviana all from the same folder to save space so we had to do that anyway.
I made a seperate restart.bat on my desktop too with everything named differently. Maybe someone else has a better method but that's how we did it and it worked good. If i had to emergency restart a server for any reason than only 1 server would be effected.

You said:   I renamed the BEC.exe inside "PantheraBEC" to BEC1 and changed it in start.bat. I also renamed the .exe to start the server.

What did you mean by; I also renamed the .exe to start the server? Not clear on this. Are you talking about arma2oaserver.exe?

2 hours ago, Thug said:

You said:   I renamed the BEC.exe inside "PantheraBEC" to BEC1 and changed it in start.bat. I also renamed the .exe to start the server.

What did you mean by; I also renamed the .exe to start the server? Not clear on this. Are you talking about arma2oaserver.exe?

yes if you changed the name of the exe running the server, you need to go in the config of BEC and look for that parameter and change it to what you are using.

In my case, i have arma2servercherno.exe and arma2servertavi.exe so i have 2 bec folders.  i have one bec.exe and one bec2.exe.  (i think you can use the same bec, i think i read that somewhere) for me making 2 was easier and less confusing.  

You also need to make sure that the bat file, or what ever you are using to launch the server, pay attention to the "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" part.  This is where bec will look for battleye folder and the beserver.cfg

Hope this helps

5 hours ago, theduke said:

yes if you changed the name of the exe running the server, you need to go in the config of BEC and look for that parameter and change it to what you are using.

In my case, i have arma2servercherno.exe and arma2servertavi.exe so i have 2 bec folders.  i have one bec.exe and one bec2.exe.  (i think you can use the same bec, i think i read that somewhere) for me making 2 was easier and less confusing.  

You also need to make sure that the bat file, or what ever you are using to launch the server, pay attention to the "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" part.  This is where bec will look for battleye folder and the beserver.cfg

Hope this helps

Thank you got it working

On 1/15/2015 at 10:02 AM, cen said:

rename your .exe to something different. Then kill each separately.

Same goes with bec.exe

what do you mean by: Then kill each separately