A3 Launcher Shows Wrong MAS version

krom

Question

We recently upgraded our dedicated server from MAS1.4 to MAS1.5 and all is working well unless you try to join the server via the A3 launcher.  With @mas15 installed on the client you get the "you are missing mods required to play on this server" message and if you allow A3 launcher to download the missing mod it pulls down MAS14.  If you have MAS14 installed (@MAS folder) A3 launcher will let you join the server but once in you wont see half of the guns due to version difference. 

Using the Arma 3 Bohemian Interactive Launcher (From steam right click on Arma 3 and select open launcher) there are no issues connecting to the server with only @mas15 loaded on the client. 

We have tried several things to try to clear whatever may be referencing the old MAS14 version such as

-  deleting the @MAS directories on the server and recreating

- redownloading the @MAS15 add on and placing in the new @MAS15 folder.

- Change the Displayed Server Name so it does not reference a MAS version

- Deleted and replaced all BIKEY files in the server key directory.

I also sent a few emails to the A3 Launcher folks and they suggested making sure that the proper mod.cpp file wa in the @MAS15 folder, which it was, and to repalce with one they provided.  This unfortuantly did not resolve the issue.

So I was hoping that someone here may have come across this issue before and figured out how to resolve?

Also to note, if you view the server information from the Arma 3 in game multiplayer screen and look at the "Expansions" detail our server is shoing MAS Weapons 1.5 as a loaded add on so I am curious as to what the A3 launcher is looking at to determine what mod is needed.  here is a link to a screenshot showing the loaded expansion on our server

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=374775714

Thanks

Krom

4 answers to this question

Just tried joining your server from A3L and it worked fine... 

Thanks for the feedback guys

@M3Editor2 - Do you have just the @mas15 folder in your Arma 3 directory or is @mas (v 1.4) there as well? 

@ - BDTZ - I have not tried survival launcher but will tonight.  Re issues with A3 launcher, this is the first time I had an issue with it. 

The launcher as both versions, @mas is version 1.4 and @mas15 is 1.5

I check the database and your server is being picked up as running 1.5

(i made a3launcher)

When are you going to add the newest AiA terrain pack? It tells me mine is corrupted because I installed the newest version and now I have to use the in-game browser or Survival Launcher to play on servers with the AiA terrain pack.