Add a custom image to the spawn box

machine6fd

i wanted this to work for any map without the hassle of changing mission.sqm every time (cause im so lazy lol), soooo ...

... put it in any debox room, on any map with this: 

http://pastebin.com/VxDF0bzW

IMPORTANT: at the top of the script, change the path / name of the picture, to your custom picture

put the script in the root of your mission (or wherever you like) and at the bottom (or in some cases the top) of the init add this:

execVM "DebugPic.sqf";

now anyone can install this on any epoch supported map (or any map, if there is a "Debug_static_F") ... ;)

I can confirm that it works.

on what map ...?

Now for the obvious follow up.

What about all 4 walls ? :P

imho that would be overkill, but not impossible tho (if i can get the offsets right) ... im currently working on something else tho, so i dont have time to change it right now (i just made this cause i was "lazy" and needed to do something else for a bit), but i might add it at some point so you can add a picture to any or all of the walls.

Sorry for leaving the map info out. It was late....

Its working on my Chernarus map.

works for bornholm too ... the problem there, is that the spawnbox is inside that cave and that cave covers half the picture unless i find another spot ... and im not sure, but the box looks diffrent aswell (could be just the rocks tho).

Working on Chernarus and Bornholm (confirmed)

Original post can be found

lol, aparently altis and stratis is still unconfirmed ... (even tho i tested both, lol)

bornholm however is the one with the cave problem, but i think it would be fixed if you where to move "respawn_west" somewhere else ...

i made a script that can put a picture on all 4 walls, it should work for any epoch supoorted map (or as long as there is a "Debug_static_F" these will be build inside it).

you can change/set a diffrent pic for each wall and you can switch off any of the sides you do not wish to be build.

the offsets could possibly be a bit better, but i think they ended up prett decent ... (if you think you can do a better, pls show me the offsets).

if someone can pls test on chernarus and bornholm (alltho im pretty it will work), then i can update to this new script (already tested altis and stratis).

regards

Halv

I asked from someone to confirm its working. I saw posts it was for those 2 maps. I did not use this myself as I have went away from using this and now have a movie playing instead. :) which i wont share because i didn't like the lack of caring from the devs that epoch server hosting companies were and probably still are selling other peoples work. (no matter how they spin it).

i forgot to post the script ... lol 

http://pastebin.com/kS3ygmzz

I asked from someone to confirm its working. I saw posts it was for those 2 maps.

i confirmed it was working for altis and stratis and then someone else said it work for chernarus and i said it was not perfect on bornholm but it worked.

then you edited the main post to say chernarus and bornholm would work ... lol

either way, this will work on any map, and depending on wheater the box is turned or not, then the labels in the script (north, west, east and south walls) will also be correct.

i didn't like the lack of caring from the devs that epoch server hosting companies were and probably still are selling other peoples work. (no matter how they spin it).

this will always happend when you post your work for free, some people will always try to make a dollar on it, what you can do agaist it, is to make sure it is as easy to understand as possible and that it reaches as many as possible.

if everyone knows howto easy, they wont have anyone left to sell it to.

Error in expression <===\if(isServer)then{
        diag_log "[DebugPic]: Waiting for 'Debug_static_F'>
  Error position: <[DebugPic]: Waiting for 'Debug_static_F'>
  Error Missing ;

Thats my error where do i need to put the ;

Error in expression <===\if(isServer)then{
        diag_log "[DebugPic]: Waiting for 'Debug_static_F'>
  Error position: <[DebugPic]: Waiting for 'Debug_static_F'>
  Error Missing ;

Thats my error where do i need to put the ;

what did you change? ... show me the script with your changes on pastebin or something

I tried the debugpic.sqf version for Altis (and i tried the 4 wall one as well for debugpic.sqf) and it isn't showing.  The files are clearly in use, including the image because I cannot delete them while the server is running.

I tried the debugpic.sqf version for Altis (and i tried the 4 wall one as well for debugpic.sqf) and it isn't showing.  The files are clearly in use, including the image because I cannot delete them while the server is running.

i need rpt errors to be able to help you, what you are saying sounds to me like you did not install it correctly.

and btw, your entire mission is in use when you start the server ...

i need rpt errors to be able to help you, what you are saying sounds to me like you did not install it correctly.

and btw, your entire mission is in use when you start the server ...

Ok I looked at the logs, i had them turned off (d'oh). I fixed my issue, It is now "working" but I get a "cannot load texture" error when loading in game.  The file is there, it's even reflected as a larger mission file download.  Is there a size limitation or specific dimensions?  I thought the dimensions were supposed to be 800x800.

i use gimp for all my picture editing, not sure the picture has to have a certain ratio as i have done tests with all kinds of dimensions that work, however i think the ones that does fail are other formats with extension name changed.

if a picture fails, try load it up in gimp and export to jpg, that usually works for me ...

• vbawol unpinned this topic