Fulcrum Mission System v2.1a

horbin

Meragon,  I've not tested it with wasteland.  There is specific code in them mod to interact with EPOCH, with respect to registering vehicles with the server. Other than the Admin Menu there is nothing that 'waits' on EPOCH type data, so I believe it should work ok.

Redbaron, looking at the code I think it will work.  I am not sure how Arma3's AddItem function works when you pass it 'zero' quantity.  If it does not work already, let me know and I'll modify the code (take me about 30 seconds.)

He-Man, let me know if Dirty's solution does not fix your problem.

FSB, let me know exactly what you are seeing.  Missions currently end upon win/lose conditions being met (This changes in the next update by the way).    AI that are engaged with players WILL remain in play though.  There is separate logic that spawns for AI at mission clean up time.  If the AI are engaged with players they are provided logic that keep them in play until 3 minutes passes with no players around.

V2.1 is out.  Overhaul of logic bomb will permit much more flexibility in mission design.  Integration of UAV/UGV's, and new Captive AI logic and theme.

v2.1

• Fixed slow helo's. All helo's now spawn and fly at proper speeds.

• Vehicle stuck logic enhanced.

• Fixed data entry error in the 'Aquatic' theme that was causing frogmen to be on side 'EAST' instead of 'RESISTANCE' (no wonder they wouldn't shoot at you!!!!!!!)

*UAV and UGV mission support UAV's and UGV's use all the same logic as 'drivers'. See MissionFile.htm, AI_Logic section for options. Valid UAV and UGV objects are defined for FuMS in the BaseServer.sqf file. See BaseServer.htm for details.

*Theme Global Loot Data Fixed bug causing a parsing error when choosing to use a theme's local loot data file.

*Rebuild of Logic Bomb See MissionFile.htm for details. Missions now operate on a trigger/action mechanic. Mission phasing has been removed. Missions now create children missions as part of the new 'logic' structure. Settings for the new 'mission launch' actions are detailed in MissionFile.htm. Mission spawning no longer 'suspends' triggers in the active mission, and admin's can now control how assets created in spawned missions contribute to the parent mission. Also see Test theme TestMission01.sqf for multiple examples.

*New Triggers

• "OK" - Use of this trigger will result in the associated action occurring immediately upon mission start.
  • "CAPTIVE" - Evaluates 'true' when the specified number of AI have been rescued.

*New Mission Actions:

• "Lose" - causes 'lose' messages and loot events
  • "Win" - causes 'win' messages and loot events
  • "END" - terminates the mission and cleans up mission resources. Operates independent of win/lose. win/lose no longer clean up the mission.
  • "CHILD",["",[location],Times, Frequency(seconds) ]
  • "STEPCHILD",["",[location],Times, Frequency(seconds)] Child and StepChild spawn new missions that will share and inherit resources. See MissionFile.htm.

• MissionFile.htm updated. -Details on new Mission Logic -Details on how XPOS works with respect to 2D, 3D coordinates and 'named' locations.

*New AI Logic: "CAPTIVE" - makes a unit 'neutral' with AI regardless of its 'side'. Adds an action menu to the AI with the following options:

• Flee: If within 200m of a rescue spot captive will run to that location. Otherwise it selects a random rescue spot from the list provided. Unit sets CARELESS behavior and sprints to its destination.
  • Stay: Unit will stop at its location and assume the stance of the player issuing the order.
  • Follow: Unit will follow the player, mimicking his stance. If the player gets more than 250m away from the unit, the unit will resort to a 'Stay' behavior using the stance of the player at the time the unit loses him.
  • Board: Unit will board nearest non-ai controlled vehicle.
  • Escape Point: Unit will temporarily display its 'escape point' on the map.
  • Note: The captives are a little 'shell shocked' and will sometimes take a few seconds to respond to commands, but they will always acknowledge they heard the command via 'system chat'.
  • Note: Captives that start a mission as 'cargo' in an AI vehicle will remain in the vehicle until it is disabled.
  • Note: Captives assigned to follow an AI group will stop following that group when the group leader dies.
  • Note: Captives remain 'neutral' to hostile AI until directed to Flee.

*New "CAPTIVE" Theme

• Theme demonstrates new Captive logic. This theme creates a mission in a random location that contains 10 prisoners being guarded by a small squad of Humans, and an unarmed UGV. The goal is to get into the camp and rescue at least 7 of the captured clone prisoners.
  • Beware, if too many of the guards are killed, reinforcements will be called upon!
  • Talk to an captive to find his 'evac location', take advantage of nearby transportation, and if you succeed expect to find loot at one of the Evac sites!

*New SoldierData Flag

• All AI defined in SoldierData files may also be provided with a true/false flag to set their captivity.
  • This flag has no relation to the new 'Captive' AI logic and missions.
  • This flag is a method to define custom AI that, by default, are 'setcaptive', thus hostile AI will not fire upon them.
  • See GlobalSoldierData.htm section 8 for more details.

Issues:

• Loot set to be placed in vehicles is not working consistently.

Just ran through the captive mission,  follow, stay, board seemed to work, however evac points and "everyone out" did not seem to work.   Unable to win without evac point,  other than that, looks really good.  Looking forward to playing with it more.

V2.1 is out. Overhaul of logic bomb will permit much more flexibility in mission design. Integration of UAV/UGV's, and new Captive AI logic and theme.

v2.1

• Fixed slow helo's. All helo's now spawn and fly at proper speeds.

• Vehicle stuck logic enhanced.

• Fixed data entry error in the 'Aquatic' theme that was causing frogmen to be on side 'EAST' instead of 'RESISTANCE' (no wonder they wouldn't shoot at you!!!!!!!)

*UAV and UGV mission support UAV's and UGV's use all the same logic as 'drivers'. See MissionFile.htm, AI_Logic section for options. Valid UAV and UGV objects are defined for FuMS in the BaseServer.sqf file. See BaseServer.htm for details.

*Theme Global Loot Data Fixed bug causing a parsing error when choosing to use a theme's local loot data file.

*Rebuild of Logic Bomb See MissionFile.htm for details. Missions now operate on a trigger/action mechanic. Mission phasing has been removed. Missions now create children missions as part of the new 'logic' structure. Settings for the new 'mission launch' actions are detailed in MissionFile.htm. Mission spawning no longer 'suspends' triggers in the active mission, and admin's can now control how assets created in spawned missions contribute to the parent mission. Also see Test theme TestMission01.sqf for multiple examples.

*New Triggers

• "OK" - Use of this trigger will result in the associated action occurring immediately upon mission start.
  • "CAPTIVE" - Evaluates 'true' when the specified number of AI have been rescued.

*New Mission Actions:

• "Lose" - causes 'lose' messages and loot events
  • "Win" - causes 'win' messages and loot events
  • "END" - terminates the mission and cleans up mission resources. Operates independent of win/lose. win/lose no longer clean up the mission.
  • "CHILD",["",[location],Times, Frequency(seconds) ]
  • "STEPCHILD",["",[location],Times, Frequency(seconds)] Child and StepChild spawn new missions that will share and inherit resources. See MissionFile.htm.

• MissionFile.htm updated. -Details on new Mission Logic -Details on how XPOS works with respect to 2D, 3D coordinates and 'named' locations.

*New AI Logic: "CAPTIVE" - makes a unit 'neutral' with AI regardless of its 'side'. Adds an action menu to the AI with the following options:

• Flee: If within 200m of a rescue spot captive will run to that location. Otherwise it selects a random rescue spot from the list provided. Unit sets CARELESS behavior and sprints to its destination.
  • Stay: Unit will stop at its location and assume the stance of the player issuing the order.
  • Follow: Unit will follow the player, mimicking his stance. If the player gets more than 250m away from the unit, the unit will resort to a 'Stay' behavior using the stance of the player at the time the unit loses him.
  • Board: Unit will board nearest non-ai controlled vehicle.
  • Escape Point: Unit will temporarily display its 'escape point' on the map.
  • Note: The captives are a little 'shell shocked' and will sometimes take a few seconds to respond to commands, but they will always acknowledge they heard the command via 'system chat'.
  • Note: Captives that start a mission as 'cargo' in an AI vehicle will remain in the vehicle until it is disabled.
  • Note: Captives assigned to follow an AI group will stop following that group when the group leader dies.
  • Note: Captives remain 'neutral' to hostile AI until directed to Flee.

*New "CAPTIVE" Theme

• Theme demonstrates new Captive logic. This theme creates a mission in a random location that contains 10 prisoners being guarded by a small squad of Humans, and an unarmed UGV. The goal is to get into the camp and rescue at least 7 of the captured clone prisoners.
  • Beware, if too many of the guards are killed, reinforcements will be called upon!
  • Talk to an captive to find his 'evac location', take advantage of nearby transportation, and if you succeed expect to find loot at one of the Evac sites!

*New SoldierData Flag

• All AI defined in SoldierData files may also be provided with a true/false flag to set their captivity.
  • This flag has no relation to the new 'Captive' AI logic and missions.
  • This flag is a method to define custom AI that, by default, are 'setcaptive', thus hostile AI will not fire upon them.
  • See GlobalSoldierData.htm section 8 for more details.

Issues:

• Loot set to be placed in vehicles is not working consistently.

Thank You for the great work

Just ran through the captive mission,  follow, stay, board seemed to work, however evac points and "everyone out" did not seem to work.   Unable to win without evac point,  other than that, looks really good.  Looking forward to playing with it more.

I second this. Can't get them to get out even though system chat recognises the command. Tried to get them to get out at an evac point. They just don't get out... Love the mission though... :)

Also, on the dayz heli crashes, the loot seems to vanish after a set period of time just leaving the wreck there. As the loot spawns at the start of the mission, I didn't think we would have to change the win/lose timings...? I can confirm I'm not running any cleanups other than epoch default.

I second this. Can't get them to get out even though system chat recognises the command. Tried to get them to get out at an evac point. They just don't get out... Love the mission though... :)

Also, on the dayz heli crashes, the loot seems to vanish after a set period of time just leaving the wreck there. As the loot spawns at the start of the mission, I didn't think we would have to change the win/lose timings...? I can confirm I'm not running any cleanups other than epoch default.

I brought them to the evacuation point and gave me a box..mission accomplished

Rebaron, checking on the loot clean up on the helo missions.   And the 'bug' on the evac point display and captives getting out of vehicles.

Amazing how you test all this, then somehow 'break' something when you add something else you thought was totally unrelated :) 

Ok, I've just tested the Evac Points and 'Everyone Out', and they seem to be working ok on my test server.

Evac Points: available when cursor over any Captive. Selecting this option will temporarily display his 'evac points' on the map. They are 'white' points labled 'Evac Point'

Everyone Out: Only available when a captive is IN a vehicle.  Looking at the vehicle you should get the option.  When you use this option, the Captives will exit the vehicle and follow you (like the Follow command).

If you guys are still having issues let me know. Maybe some other mod is conflicting. If you see anything odd in your .rpt let me know.

I am aware of an error relating to 'SpawnMissionLoot'. I believe this may be why the helocrash loot is vanishing too early...debugging now :)

Re-tested.   I see 4 evac points, one at each corner surrounding the central spawn point of the mission.   It seems the captives were split up amongst all 4 points, as when told to "flee" 3 ran NW, 3 ran NE, 3 SE and 3 SW.     The reward container spawned at the NE location.    "Everyone Out" still did not work for me,  I had to shoot out the tires on the HEMMT to force them out.

Yep, when directed to flee they captives will pick a random evac location to run too if there is not one within 200m of his position.

The loot location is set in the mission loot section. You can change the location to the center of the encounter, or even your favorite 'safe spot' and just tell the players to go there to get their reward :)

I'm running into problems duplicating the issues with not having the guys get out of the vehicle.  You are seeing the option when approaching the vehicle the AI are sitting in correct?

If you tell a guy to board, are you able to just follow him to the vehicle, then once he gets in, tell him to get out? I'm still looking too.

I'm running into problems duplicating the issues with not having the guys get out of the vehicle.  You are seeing the option when approaching the vehicle the AI are sitting in correct?

If you tell a guy to board, are you able to just follow him to the vehicle, then once he gets in, tell him to get out? I'm still looking too.

I see the "Everyone Out!" option on the vehicle , and they acknowledge receiving the command in the global chat as well, but remain seated.    I will retest with a single guy in the hemmt instead of 7+.

P.S. Open disclosure, been researching a separate issue, maybe related, maybe not... but my HC connects, and launches missions just fine, however, its not sitting inside the HC slot set aside for it...  its not taking the name "HC_HAL" as intended either and just showing up in a player slot as "headlessclient"

Edit:  Figured out the HC thing...  its related to startup order.  There was some advice I read somewhere that stated the HC can be started and left running regardless of server reboots,  however, it appears when it connects to a server too early its gets a player slot...  starting the HC later gets it into the proper slot and it takes on the HC_HAL name.    That said,  captives still didn't take the "Everone Out!" order.

Did get a truckload of captives to the safe spot and triggered a complete.   They still did not get out of the vehicle.   It seems that if you are in the safe area, the captives also disregard the health of the vehicle, where as everywhere else they will bail out when 4 or 5 wheels on the truck go flat.

Horbin, thanks for a great mission system.

I was wondering about a few things, if you have time to comment on them.

Is it possible to apply damage to  AI vehicles at spawn, like you can with buildings/static items?   Reason being is that some of the helicopters in the HeliPatrol seem near invincible, able to take 2 or 3 Titan missiles before being forced to land.   If we could tinker with their health, it would do well for balancing the mission content to the availability of certain weapons in game.  For example, on a default EPOCH server with default FUMS installed, there are no usable missiles or HMGs, thus players only have small arms, LMGs/Snipers/etc to combat the OP AI Helos.

Could I make a request for an option to switch radio chatter from the RscLayer to the real system radio chat channel that players would use instead?  Reason is to not cover the vehicle hud or scroll actions, and its immersive when new players question whether that was AI or another player.  

Any chance of adding Krypto drop chance and random amounts to the soldier data?  

Thanks again for the great add-on, also if this is not the place you prefer requests to be posted, let me know and I will be happy to document them elsewhere (github etc).

-- Korwiin

Korwiin,

Great suggestions.  I'll work on the vehicle and crypto thing for sure.  

They radio system in FuMS was one of the first things I put into it (back when I 1st started coding in Arma3 environment).  It is in dire need of an overhaul and is on my list of 'todo's :)