Fulcrum Mission System v2.1a

horbin

HORBIN,

Can you make the same as in A3AEI who has the addon in the start parameter has the control over the AI

i hope you understand me  

Example:

HC1 Startparameter:

-mod=@Epoch,@FumS; -----> this hc controll only The FumS Mission and not the A3AEI 

HC2 Startparameter:

-mod=@Epoch;@A3AEI -----> this HC have no Controll over FumS only A3AEI

HORBIN,

Can you make the same as in A3AEI who has the addon in the start parameter has the control over the AI

i hope you understand me  

Example:

HC1 Startparameter:

-mod=@Epoch,@FumS; -----> this hc controll only The FumS Mission and not the A3AEI 

HC2 Startparameter:

-mod=@Epoch;@A3AEI -----> this HC have no Controll over FumS only A3AEI

You don't need to ask the same thing multiple times dude. Give him a break.

FuMS works fine the way it is, both A3EAI and FuMS will work on the same box with 2 HC's

Load the first HC, then sleep 15 before launching the second HC which has the @A3EAI mod attached.

Keep all FUMS missions to HC 1 and they will stay separate from the A3EAI HC2.

80 ais is low i use 250 ais that why i have 2 hc ditto, and my HC run 24/7 hours and no cps drops haha only prob is the server, after restart HCRudi connect anytime at first anytime as Second HC !!!!!!!

Love the mod man!  Keep up the great work!

Feature Request:

I've already started adding this myself but could we get static weapon support at the missions.  My play was to add them just like any vehicle (to the convoy vehicle section).  Then just check if the type of vehicle is a static weapon.  Then adjust "pilot" parameters accordingly and not add "crew".

I apologize if this already works or I have missed a new version.

I don't know if this is anything you can even "fix", but when I set the AI patrol type to Sentry, they don't always go up into the nearest building.  Sometimes they run off several hundred meters, well beyond the 50m patrol radius I set, to find some random structure well out of the area I want them to be in. The times when they DO manage to try to go up into a nearby building they usually end up falling off the stairs and breaking a leg or killing themselves.  Is it so hard to have an AI go to the top of a tower and stay there??  lol!

yea, go to the top and stay there IS difficult :)  Best I can do for now, I spent some time trying to get this to work right....maybe time to revisit it.

The 'Scatter' loot is not dependent of any player, and for that Theme spawns at server start.  I'll take a look and see if I can figure out the 'random' behavior.

I found a 'rooftop static weapons script' today.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26165

Going to work on this over the weekend. See if I can get static weapons, and the 'rooftop' sentry thing fixed all together.

I have fixed 'sellability' of vehicles, but still having problems getting them to 'save to the hive'.  If anyone has a clue, I do have a candle stick and work near a library.

Added a couple more things I noticed above. This may help with the launcher removal though;

22:00:40 "<FuMS> AI_Killed: Trying to delete RPG from 8ca4d600# 2253997: dummyweapon.p3d which contains [["launch_I_Titan_F"],[1]]"
22:00:40 "<FuMS> AI_Killed: comparing launch_I_Titan_F and ["launch_RPG32_F","launch_I_Titan_F"]"
22:00:40 Error in expression <if ((_firstItem select 0) == _x) then { clearWeaponCargo _x;}; 
}foreach _x;
}>
22:00:40 Error position: <clearWeaponCargo _x;}; 
}foreach _x;
}>
22:00:40 Error clearweaponcargo: Type String, expected Object
22:00:40 File FuMS\HC\AI\AIKilled.sqf, line 84

Just wanted to say massive thanks again, I know I'm probably causing more work by trying to run this server side, but it's actually performing really well :D

How is it working for you to run this on a not dedicated server?

Probably gonna try it out myself on my rented server.

Have been thinking to switch to dedicated server for about 2 months, but before it would be nice to try it out before it. :)

How is it working for you to run this on a not dedicated server?

Probably gonna try it out myself on my rented server.

Have been thinking to switch to dedicated server for about 2 months, but before it would be nice to try it out before it. :)

Had to take it off unfortunately. Really odd things were happening with vehicles disappearing and reappearing, plus most of the missions ended with no loot. Performance wise, I was actually quite surprised how well it ran. Having AI that hide in buildings was a bonus, and zombie scientists that can punch you to death through godmode was interesting :)

As Horbin said, it's designed for HC, so there are 'holes' there for stuff running server side. Sadly, I'm not as well versed with the language to be able to find the problems myself.

I'd say if you wanted to try it out, setup a VM or something and run the HC from your pc to try it out. I've been hassling my GSP to see if they would offer a service where you can rent HC slots like you do a server. Can;t imagine why no GSPs have thought of this. I mean, who wouldn't offer to pay an extra £5/month for a hosted HC? It's still cheaper than a dedi, and you could bang all your AI stuff through it.

I've been hassling my GSP to see if they would offer a service where you can rent HC slots like you do a server. Can;t imagine why no GSPs have thought of this. I mean, who wouldn't offer to pay an extra £5/month for a hosted HC? It's still cheaper than a dedi, and you could bang all your AI stuff through it.

because the hc uses about the same resources as another server so they would have to charge you same again. Then they would have to more support work as well with launch params etc.

Horbin,

Everytime I spawn in vehicles for missions etc this code needs to be included.

_veh = createVehicle["B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_EPOCH", _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];
_veh setDamage 0.7;
_veh setFuel 0.1;
_veh setVariable["LASTLOGOUT_EPOCH",1000000000000];
_veh setVariable["LAST_CHECK",1000000000000];
//So Vehicle doesnt despawn
EPOCH_VehicleSlotsLimit = EPOCH_VehicleSlotsLimit + 1;
EPOCH_VehicleSlots pushBack str(EPOCH_VehicleSlotsLimit);
_slot = EPOCH_VehicleSlots select 0;
_veh setVariable ['VEHICLE_SLOT',_slot,true];
EPOCH_VehicleSlots = EPOCH_VehicleSlots - [_slot];
EPOCH_VehicleSlotCount = count EPOCH_VehicleSlots;
publicVariable 'EPOCH_VehicleSlotCount';
_veh call EPOCH_server_setVToken;
//Creates vehicle inventory
clearWeaponCargoGlobal    _veh;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal  _veh;
clearBackpackCargoGlobal  _veh;
clearItemCargoGlobal       _veh;
I posted a similar one in my Epoch Events post a month ago and I got most of the info from multiple threads here and in mission packs.

I haven't investigated FuMS for its code regarding this but hope it helps FuMS as well as its followers

Hello All,

Just wondering if someone has made FuMS  for static spawned AI Patrols in set locations? 

I know Darth_Rogue has touched on the subject.

As it is now I am using A3EAI for static spawns but I really like the way FuMS AI behave when engaged.

I have started to look through the code and do some testing but just thought I'd ask to see if any others server owners had already done this.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Stench

because the hc uses about the same resources as another server so they would have to charge you same again. Then they would have to more support work as well with launch params etc.

Sorry dude but this is not the case!

HC uses alot less resources than the server!

None the less I have no idea what they would change.

Depends what load you put in the mission system on the Hc. if you put 200 odd ai and 7 missions running concurrently you check those resources again....

If you leased a managed server for hc, you may put that kind of load on and then my first point is valid. How could the host stop you doing that....?

Hello All,

Just wondering if someone has made FuMS  for static spawned AI Patrols in set locations? 

I know Darth_Rogue has touched on the subject.

As it is now I am using A3EAI for static spawns but I really like the way FuMS AI behave when engaged.

I have started to look through the code and do some testing but just thought I'd ask to see if any others server owners had already done this.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Stench

I just rolled all my static AI patrols over to FuMS from A3EAI.  It works well as long as you pay close attention to the behavior types and the patrol radius.  Even so, there are a few units that always seem to want to run to far away areas to go guard some random building, but I'm still tweaking things, and Horbin said that he was going to give the static AI logic another look soon.  I currently have around 80 active AI on the server, including missions, and have seen no FPS drop.

Thanks for the comments Darth.

I was looking for spawning an AI Patrol to guard a certain area the way the "town raid" AI behave.

Just testing and having limited success as I am finding even by limiting the Patrol Radius seems to have little to no effect,but still early days. :) 

Loving FuMS though.

Stench

Can someone explain to me what they mean by 'static spawn'?

I sort of feeling the mod does this right now, unless I am totally misunderstanding what some folks are looking for.

Dirty,

Thanks for the code. This is what I am using right now. along with:

_vehObj call EPOCH_server_save_vehicle;
   _vehObj call EPOCH_server_vehicleInit;  

I am still having an issue getting mission vehicles to persist through resets...but with the above 2 lines they become sellable to merchants.