Fulcrum Mission System v2.1a

horbin

spartan, you can also run the HC and the Server on the same machine.

This will use the cpu more even (Arma is not really multicore compatible).

Thank you He-Man I had a feeling I had heard this somewhere although I do not think I will be going for a dedicated box just yet which is a pity but at least I know now.

Edited by spartan
Typo

Did anyone tried to edit GlobalLootData or BaseLoot file? I just want to add there some weapons and stuff from RHS:Escalation mod. But when i did that, for example in HeliCrash mission it causes an error like: "config.bin/CfgWeapons" stuff... and RHS weapons doesn't apear at HeliCrashes... But if i use standart items like Navid, SPMG and etc. it works fine!

Edited by aimgame

• 4 weeks later...

Hello the Horbin,

Are you aware of any issue with the headless client and the latest upgrade of Arma3 (1.52) I seem to be having issues with my server freezing after a few minutes when I have the headless client running, After about 5 minutes the server will unfreeze and everything works fine. if I disable the headless client and FUMS I am working fine.

Thanks

rhammer2003

Hello the Horbin,

Are you aware of any issue with the headless client and the latest upgrade of Arma3 (1.52) I seem to be having issues with my server freezing after a few minutes when I have the headless client running, After about 5 minutes the server will unfreeze and everything works fine. if I disable the headless client and FUMS I am working fine.

Thanks

rhammer2003

I have the latest, and it doesn't crash. Just ran it for 12 hours. 

Hello the Horbin,

Thanks

rhammer2003

Had the same issue. Just delete: init="this enableSimulation false; this allowDamage false"; for the HC in the mission.sqm.

I think you not must have this, when the HC stays save in the spawn box.

When you have added the "hunger.sqf", you also can add it here. I haven't done this:

uisleep 300;
player allowdamage false;
player enablesimulation false;
while {true} do
{
EPOCH_playerHunger = 5000;
EPOCH_playerThirst = 2500;
uisleep 1800;
};

Hi! This mission system is great. But my players have started complaining for pretty weak bots... I've changed every bot skills to 1,1,1,1,1,1 and now snipers become a little more accurate and spot the targets in a bit longer distance (about 600m), but still i believe this is not a limit. All other types of AI are remaining dumb:) They cant see anyone in 300m distance... even if i shoot them with some HMG with no muzzle etc. I've tried to mess with skill configs... the difference becomes noticeable only with 1,1,1,1,1,1... and even than only for snipers...

This may of been raised somewhere in this post, but I am lazy and cant be arsed to read thro 43 pages of, some sensible others very much not, answers. So I was wondering if it is possible to run this very cool system on a Dedi system? 

Well if you mean a dedicated server, then yes, that is what it was designed for. You will need to learn how to use a headless client to make it work right though. Which if you are gonna use that system correctly, you need another server. 

Hi! This mission system is great. But my players have started complaining for pretty weak bots... I've changed every bot skills to 1,1,1,1,1,1 and now snipers become a little more accurate and spot the targets in a bit longer distance (about 600m), but still i believe this is not a limit. All other types of AI are remaining dumb:) They cant see anyone in 300m distance... even if i shoot them with some HMG with no muzzle etc. I've tried to mess with skill configs... the difference becomes noticeable only with 1,1,1,1,1,1... and even than only for snipers...

Confirm! I use this Mission a bit longer and at the beginning I mean the AI's was harder. Spot distance of about 300 m now. Something changed by Arma? :(

Edited by He-Man

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Has anyone had any issues getting the Missions to run on Fums with epoch 0340? I have my HC running successfully but no missions start, it has been working in epoch 0331 and I have made no changes to either my headless client or my fums before I updated my epoch to 0340, and yes I am running fums 2.1 a just incase this is the issue.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you

rhammer

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@ReDBaroN,

Hey, I have not touched the EPOCH code on this mod in a long while now.  There may have been something that changed with how EPOCH is handling Krypto...

If you are seeing a message, I'm pretty sure it did work at some point. I would not have pushed a public release with something like that broken (at least not on purpose :) ).

On 2/12/2016 at 8:03 PM, horbin said:

@ReDBaroN,

Hey, I have not touched the EPOCH code on this mod in a long while now.  There may have been something that changed with how EPOCH is handling Krypto...

If you are seeing a message, I'm pretty sure it did work at some point. I would not have pushed a public release with something like that broken (at least not on purpose :) ).

Thanks Horbin. Can you advise how I just get rid of the messages completely?

ya, you should be able to go into the globalsoldierdata.sqf and simply remove the award values.

[
            ["RESPECT", -1000],
            ["RESCUEGROUP", 500],
            ["RESCUETABS", 250]
        ]

change to 

[

]

If that won't work, look in \FuMS\HC\AI\AIKilled.sqf. or ...\PayPlayer.sqf.    In there you should find the code that calls the FuMS_fnc_HC_AI_PayPlayer routine. You can comment that out.

• 4 weeks later...

trying to create a mission with the captive scipt, but for some reason, ai dont despawn after mission timeout, marker deletes tho, anything wrong this ?

thanks in advance.

//Captive.sqf
// Horbin
// 7/9/15
// Be cautious when editing data.

// NOTE: For all Offset values, if three dimensions are used, the point will be treated as an absolute point on the game map.
// Ex: [15,20] is an offset 15m east, 20m north of the encounter center
// Ex: [12100,11000,0] is a specific point on the map.
// absolute 3d locations can be subsituted for any offset within this file!
[[
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-----Mission Area Setup-----
    "Captive",  // Mission Title NOSPACES!
    200 ,               // encounter radius
    "LAND",// Options "LAND","WATER","NONE". Setting this will force a scan of 'encounter Radius' meters around the center of the mission to ensure the same type of water/land is present.
               // This setting should hopefully reduce the chance of the mission being randomly placed too near water for example.
              // this paramater is optional, but if a value is present it MUST be one of the three above values.
              // This option is only used if a mission location is not set via the Theme's 'Locations' section, or the mission loc is not specified elsewhere in the ThemeData.sqf.
    [0,0,0],
    "NONE",
    "NONE"    
],[ 
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-----Notification Configuration-----
//--Map Marker Config.
    "Captive",  // Name, set to "" for nothing
     "mil_dot", // icon type:                                     https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cfgMarkers for other options.
                     // mil_triangle, mil_objective, mil_box, group1, loc_Power, etc.
     "", // "RECTANGLE". do not use "ICON", two markers are used in making each mission indicator.
     "ColorRED",//                                                 https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setMarkerColor
     "FDiagonal",// Cross, Vertical, Horizontal, etc     https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setMarkerBrush
       200           // size of the marker.    
],[[
    // NOTIFICATION Messages and Map display Control.
    true,    // Notify players via Radio Message
    2,   // radio channel. "ALL" = no radio required.
    0,         //range from encounter center AI radio's can be heard (0=unlimited.)
    true,  // Notify players via global message - hint screen on right of game display -
    true,   // Show encounter area on the map
    30,      // Win delay: Time in seconds after a WIN before mission cleanup is performed
    10       // Lose delay: Time in seconds after a lose before mission cleanup is performed
//NOTE: the above delay must finish before the mission is considered 'complete' by the mission manager control loop.
// These two delays will also affect how much time will elapse from mission completion until living AI cleanup.
],[
   // Mission spawn message, DO NOT Remove these! They can be edited down to "" if desired.
     "BANDIT-HQ",  // title line
     "", 
     "Humans have captured clones for testing. Go free them!" //description/radio message.
],[  
    // Mission Success Message
    "Mission Success",  // title line
     "",
     "Captives have been rescued."
],[
   // Mission Failure Message
    "Mission Failure!",
    "",
    "The Humans have escaped with their captives."
]],[
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-----Loot Configuration-----    
// Refer to LootData.sqf for available loot types and contents.
// "Random" will select a random configuration, ignoring all 'ScatterXX' options.
// "ScatterXX" this loot will not appear in a box, but will be scattered about on the ground around the location/offset
    // Ex: ["Scatter01",[0,0]]  will take the loot contained in the "Scatter01" option and spread it around at offset [0,0] to the mission center.
[
   ["BOX1",[0,0],["BOX2",[300,300]]
   //Array of loot now supported using above syntax.
   // replace "Random" with your desired loot option from LootData.sqf, or leave random for random results!
   // AND don't forget you can use these loot options to fill vehicles with loot too!(see vehicle section below)
]],[
    "BOX2" ,        // WIN Loot
     [-5,0]              // Offset from mission center x,y, 3 coords [x,y,z] places loot at a specific map location!  

],[
    "None" ,            // Lose Loot.
     [0,0]                // Offset from mission center.
]],[
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-----Building  and stand alone vehicle Configuration-----       
//BUILDINGS: persist = 0: building deleted at event completion, 1= building remains until server reset.
// NOTE: if using 3D coordinates for buildings, if the 1st building uses a location of [0,0] 
// ALL other buildings will assume their locations are offsets!
    // building name                 | offset   |rotation|persist flag
  //  ["Land_BagBunker_Tower_F",  [0,0],     0,         0],  
  //  ["Land_BarrelWater_F",          [-7,-7], 0,         0],
  //  ["Land_Wreck_Car2_F",          [12,12],  0,         0],
  //  ["Land_Wreck_Offroad2_F",   [-10,-10],0,        0],
 //   ["Land_HighVoltageTower_F",    [20,-10],0,       0],
  //  ["CamoNet_INDP_big_F",        [-20, 10],0,        0],
    // Vehicle Name  | offset | rotation | Fuel, Ammo, DmgEngine, Dmg FuelTank, DmgHull
//    ["I_UGV_01_rcws_F",[0,100],   0,       [.5,   1,     .5,         .5,         .5]],
   // ["Land_Wreck_Car2_F",[0,50],0, [.5, 1, .5, .5,.5], "Fire"]
    // vehicles: 1 for fuel and ammo is full 100%, DmgEngine=1 is 100% damaged
    // test_EmptyObjectForFireBig = "Fire"
    // test_EmptyObjectForSmoke = "Smoke"

// These vehicles are static and remain until server reset.

// M3Editor buildings all with 'big_smoke'
["M3Editor", [0,0], "NONE", 0,

// paste your array of building objects here
 [
    ["",[8537.94,25056.5,0],[0,0,1],true]
]

]

],[
//-----Group Configuration-----  see Convoy section for AI in vehicles! 
// Expanded group example:
// 1 sniper, 2 rifleman, 2 hunters wil spawn east of encounter center and perform a box shaped patrol.
[[
    "RESISTANCE", // side: RESISTANCE, WEST, EAST, CIV
    "COMBAT",      // behaviour: SAFE, AWARE, COMBAT, STEALTH
    "RED",          //combatmode: BLUE, WHITE, GREEN, YELLOW, RED
    "COLUMN"    //formation: STAG COLUMN, WEDGE, ECH LEFT, ECH RIGHT, VEE, LINE, COLUMN
],[[2,"Sniper"],[4,"Rifleman"]],[  "BoxPatrol",[0,0], [0,0],[25] ]],
// 4 AI will spawn into the specified building.

[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[2,"Sniper"],[6,"Rifleman"]],[  "TowerGuard",[0,0], [0,0],[150,"ANY"] ]],
// if "ANY" is changed to a specific building type, ex: "Land_Cargo_Tower_V3_F", they will all spawn into this building type.

[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[5,"Rifleman"]],["BoxPatrol",[6,6],[0,0],[100]]],
[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[2,"Rifleman"]],["BoxPatrol",[6,6],[0,0],[100]]],
[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[4,"Rifleman"]],["Explore",[6,6],[0,0],[100]]],
[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[3,"Rifleman"]],["BoxPatrol",[6,6],[0,0],[100]]],
[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[5,"Rifleman"]],["Explore",[6,6],[0,0],[100]]],
[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[2,"Rifleman"]],["Explore",[6,6],[0,0],[100]]],
[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[3,"Rifleman"]],["BoxPatrol",[6,6],[0,0],[100]]],
[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[3,"Rifleman"]],["Buildings",[6,6],[0,0],[100]]],

// This grp of 3 prisoners should follow the group leader of grp '0' (BoxPatrol group above)!
[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[3,"Rifleman"]],["BoxPatrol",[6,6],[0,0],[100]]]
//[["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","LINE"],[[1,"UGV"]],["BoxPatrol",[50,50],[50,50],[100]]]
// these 5 will patrol in and out of the buildings withn 100m of encounter center.
],
// NOTE: if no buildings are located within 'radius' both 'Buildings'  will locate nearest buildings to the encounter and move there!
// NOTE: See AI_LOGIC.txt for detailed and most current descriptions of AI logic.

//-----LAND Vehicle Configuration----- 
[
     [  // Convoy #2                     
    [         // Vehicle                     Offset         Crew (only 1 type!)   Cargo
          //   ["I_UGV_01_rcws_F",[100,100],[0,""],"none"],           
           //  ["I_UAV_02_F",[125,100],[0,""],"none"],
             ["I_UGV_01_F",[175,100],[0,""],"none"]
      ],
      [                 
           // Drivers                                                          # and type  |         Patrol     |    spawn   | dest       | 'Patrol' options
           [["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","COLUMN"],   [  [1, "Driver"]  ],   ["BoxPatrol",[100,100],[0,0],[100]   ]]          
      ],
      // Troops : These are distributed across all vehicles in this convoy.                                                         
     [    
     ]
   ] ,
   [ // Convoy #4
     [               
         ["B_Truck_01_transport_EPOCH",[50,0],[0,""],"None",[["engine",.9],["fuel",.9],["hull",1],["RGlass",1],["Glass1",1]]], // sets damage to specific parts.
         ["B_Truck_01_transport_EPOCH",[60,0],[0,""],"None",[.5]] // overall damage 50%
     ],
     [    
 //        [["RESISTANCE","COMBAT","RED","COLUMN"],   [  [4, "Driver"]  ],   ["BoxPatrol",[100,100],[0,0],[200]   ]]          
     ],
     [
     ]
  ]
],  
[
    [
      //Define all the triggers this mission will be using
      // Trigger names must be unique within each mission.
      // NOTE: "FuMS_KillMe" is a reserved trigger word. Do not use!!!
      // NOTE: "OK" is a reserved trigger. Do not define it here.
      //  "OK" can be used in the actions section to force an action to occur at mission start!     
//      ["PROX",["ProxPlayer",[0,0],80,1]  ],
      ["LUCNT",["LowUnitCount","GUER",2,0,[0,0]]  ],
//      ["HUCNT",["HighUnitCount","GUER",6,0,[0,0]] ],
//      ["Detect",["Detected","ALL","ALL"] ],
//      ["BodyCount",["BodyCount",9] ]
      ["Timer",["TIMER", 1800] ]
      //                            offset      radius    time(s)  Name
//      ["Zuppa", ["ZuppaCapture",[ [ [-100,-100], 50,         90,  "Point 1" ],
 //                               [ [100,100],   50,         90,  "Point 2" ]   ]]  ],
//       ["VehDmg1", ["DmgVehicles", "1",0.8]  ],
//       ["BldgDmg1",["DmgBuildings","2,3,7",1.0]  ]

],
    [
      // Define what actions should occur when above trigger logics evaluate to true
       // Note: a comma between two logics is interpreted as "AND"
       [["WIN"],["LUCNT"     ]],  // 
       [["CHILD",["Help_Helo",[0,0],1,120]],["LUCNT"     ]],  // when all ai dead, call for help, max 3 times, min interval 120secs between calls for help.   
       [["LOSE"],["TIMER"]   ],
       [["END"],["LUCNT"     ]]  
    ]      
]
];
//*******************************************************************************
//******* Do not change this!                                       **********************************
//*******************************************************************************

• 3 weeks later...

Only an Idea, but you can test:

Spoiler

class Item3
        {
            dataType="Group";
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    dataType="Object";
                    class PositionInfo
                    {
                    position[]={10720.502,12.714643,11356.243};
                        angles[]={0,4.7169838,0};
                    };
                    side="LOGIC";
                    flags=3;
                    class Attributes
                    {
                        isPlayable=1;
                    };
                    id=4;
                    type="HeadlessClient_F";
                };
            };
            class Attributes
            {
            };
            id=3;
        };

Hi He-Man, sorry I didn't get back on here yet... In the end I just used my old mission.sqm from the older version as that has some custom stuff in there as well for safezones etc.

Thanks for your post above, I was going to go down the road of adding separate block for sensors, markers and groups (for the HC). Had no idea if that would work though as didn't get that far before having the idea of using the old mission.sqm.

I'll try your as soon as the dust has settled a bit more.... :)

• 4 months later...

Since the latest epoch mod version has come out, the mission.sqm has completely changed. has anyone been able to add a headless client to the new epochmod 0.3.9?  if so, care to share.

I tried adding 

class Item104
		{
			dataType="Group";
			side="LOGIC";
			class Entities
			{
				items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={10720.502,12.714643,11356.243};
                    id=100;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="HeadlessClient_F";
                    player="PLAY CDG";
                    init="this enableSimulation false; this allowDamage false";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    text="HC_HAL";
                };
			};
			class Attributes
			{
			};
			id=204;
		};

my hc is running, but the mission did not seem to detect the HC.

so further investigation, i was able to get HC working, but i can only seem to get it to work remotely, I setup a HC from my pc here and connected to the remote server. Yet when i take the exact same bat file, copy that to the server, change the IP address to 127.0.0.1 and try to run it, the client host loads, but never connects to the server.  The server's firewall is disabled. but i am out of ideas what it might be. its a dedicated box with gtx gaming.

thanks