Fulcrum Mission System v2.1a

horbin

Until Epoch comes out in final form, I am not aware of a way to have vehicles saved to the database so that they persist through a server restart.

Currently, in FuMS, if a vehicle is occupied by a player it will remain in play until server reset.  A message will also warn the player of this fact every time they get into the vehicle.

At the end of a mission, any vehicle that is still AI controlled is removed before the start of the next mission.  Hope this answers your question.

Thanks second,

Not too much right now. I, like many are just waiting on development. No reason to try and reinvent the wheel.  But if no hooks are provided to for Redis via EPOCH, eventually I'll be building a separate database for FuMS.

This is a long term solution, because if I go down this route, it will also include a web based interface to permit mission building, so another LONG term project ...for now, I'm just waiting to see what the dev's provide us.

If they provide access, I don't expect it until the full release. Letting folks start to poke into the database just asks for an entire series of other issues :)

I've seen some issues with mission vehicles not being 'sellable' either, but again, waiting to look into that until a later version when Epoch itself is further along!

FuMS v 1.0 is out.  Completed all the major goals for the HC mod.

Working on building some more AI logic to support long distance patrols, and support for friendly, interactive AI (ie helo lifts, convoy busing, etc).

Check out the top post for link to the github and details.

Any questions on how to build your own missions, feel free to drop me a message.  No real coding required to get your own ideas moving!

KpCbZTr.jpgDOUvWeH.jpg

Hi there! Since your new release 1.0 version of FUMS some marks appeared on map. Can you please post here how to turn them OFF?

Next.. Have you figgured out why some specific loot is spawned in box even if its not in lootdata? ( NLAW missile, RGO RGN nades.. ) and NLAW, RGN RGO nades and some magazines can't be looted. I saw this problem since the 0.92 version in test mission and in 0.95 but not sure if it was SEM or TownRaid.

Awesome work BTW ;)..

This the BaseServer.cfg I use for Chernarus: (I blacklist Stary Sobor and NEAF as I have trader bases there)

//BaseServer.sqf
// Horbin
// 1/10/25
// Inputs: None
// Outputs: Fulcrum Mission data specific for the map being used
// Data specifc to your server's map.
// ALTIS
ServerData =
[
    [
        [6798, 8603, 0],     // Map Center
        7000                 // Map Range in meters
    ],
    [  
        // Areas to be excluded from Global Random generation of mission spawn points
        // Points listed are for the upper left and lower right corners of a box.
        [[12724,12112,0],[11497,12696,0]], // NEAF
        [[5721,8096,0],[6512,7561,0]],     // Stary Sobor
        [[4400,4400,0],[4700,4700,0]],     // South West
        [[12000,5000,0],[12200,5200,0]],   //  South East
        [[10500,9300,0],[10700,9600,0]],   // North East
        [[1010,2010,0],[1050,2080,0]]      //Cloning Lab
    ],
    [
        // default positions to use if locations being randomly generated
        // These positions will be used if a random safe location is not found.
        // Note: The below locations are for use by BIS_fnc_findSafePos !!!
        //  If you have specific locations you want to use for your mission set, place those
        //  locations in the specific themedata.sqf.

],
    [
        // ActiveThemes
        // A folder matching the names below needs to exist in the ..\Encounters folder.
        // use this block to easily turn off/on your various mission sets.
        //"Basic",
        "SEM",
        "TownRaid"
        //"CloneHunters"
    ],
    [  // Event and AI Radio messsage behavior
        true, // EnableRadioChatterSystem: turns on the system, allowing below options to function
        true, // EnableRadioAudio: turns on 'audio' effects for radio chatter
        true, // RadioRequired: if false, messages are heard without a radio on the player's belt.
        false, // RadioFollowTheme: Conforms with Theme radio channel choices. False:any radio works for all channels.
        true, 800 // EnableAIChatter: enables random radio chatter between AI when players get within the specified range (meters) as default.
              // NOTE: Theme 'Radio Range' will override this setting.
    ]
];

Assassin,

Look in the Encounters\AI_Logic\paradrop.sqf.  Comment out or remove the HCDEBUG="WP"; line.  I forgot to remove this when I was done testing. 

Anyplace HCDEBUG is defined will cause the ai_logic scripts to display their waypoints...Oppps.

I'll look into the extra gear. Sounds like a box is getting created and not properly emptied before being filled with the mission specific loot, in the Fillbox.sqf.  Should have this fixed by tonight.

Second,

I have been testing pretty exclusively on Altis. Let me know if you run into any issues.  The way the system is set up, all missions should work on any map with no extra modifications, but there is always exceptions it seems ;)

Looking at the 'unsellable' vehicle issue too!

Assassin,

Look in the Encounters\AI_Logic\paradrop.sqf.  Comment out or remove the HCDEBUG="WP"; line.  I forgot to remove this when I was done testing. 

Anyplace HCDEBUG is defined will cause the ai_logic scripts to display their waypoints...Oppps.

I'll look into the extra gear. Sounds like a box is getting created and not properly emptied before being filled with the mission specific loot, in the Fillbox.sqf.  Should have this fixed by tonight.

Second,

I have been testing pretty exclusively on Altis. Let me know if you run into any issues.  The way the system is set up, all missions should work on any map with no extra modifications, but there is always exceptions it seems ;)

Looking at the 'unsellable' vehicle issue too!

It's been working perfectly on Chernarus with those settings :)

horbin, on 06 Feb 2015 - 11:55 AM, said: Sounds like a box is getting created and not properly emptied before being filled with the mission specific loot, in the Fillbox.sqf.

---

I have that idea too, but it was 4 am :D..

One more thing... When someone use custom AntiHack ( InfiStar ) it will cause 2 possible actions, when player go near box AH is trying to delete the BOX in the way: player => set damage to BOX ( when someone havent BE filters fixed it causes BE kick and log into setdamage.log ). Second possibility is that player will be thrown away from box or thrown 10m in the air and that will result in death :D....

The problem is that InfiStar using "box_ind_ammoveh_f" as his Admin boxes, that are invisible for player and they are some how denied for players ( as admin you will not see that problem ).

My solution: change "box_ind_ammoveh_f" to "box_nato_ammoveh_f" in lootdata.sqf

Since it's not your fault. Noone can blame you or want from you to change permanently your code in the way to cooperate with another scripts for A3Epoch.

But if anyone have the same problem.. atleast solution is on the world :P.

Assassin,

Thanks. I'll make the change on my end. Plenty of other boxes to pick from. I'll put a note in the Basic/LootData.sqf file too to warn future admins not to use it.

Using the standard AH, I had to change all the loot crates to "box_ind_ammoveh_f" as the small ammo crates showed the weapons and ammo but players were unable to loot them (they could loot food and drinks though).

Minor changes up on GitHub:

1) vehicles can now be sold to vendors.  Going to look into placing options in the mission files to permit this to be configurable by the admin.

2) Offending infiSTAR box removed from mission data.  Additionally, 'Random' option added for  loot boxe creation.  If you replace the name of the box with the "Random" in the LootData.sqf, a random box will be chosen for you.  List of 'box' options can be found in Encounters\GlobalConfig\BaseLoot.sqf.

3) undesired 'stock' objects no longer spawning in loot boxes.

Update: Undocumented change:

If you utilize the "Reinforce" trigger in your missions, the following functionality has been added"

["Reinforce", responseChance, "<missionName>"]

Under normal FuMS functionality when a group drops below 50%, the group leader will make 3 attempts to radio for help. He will make this call once every 3 minutes.  When the call for help is made, the AI's base operation has a 'responseChance' chance to send reinforcements.

Old FuMS: The reinforcements sent are defined by the mission <missionName>. <--this still works in v1.00

New FuMS: If <missionName> is "Random" one of these three missions wil be called randomly.

Help_Ground.sqf - 1 group of 5 arrives on foot.

Help_Vehicle.sqf -  1 group of 4 is dropped off by an Offroad.

Help_Helo.sqf - 1 group of 5 is paradropped in by an Orca helicopter.

Each of these help missions can be fully customized.

If this 'Random' response is desired in your own themes, make sure to place a copy of each Help_xxxx.sqf in your theme's folder and modify your Reinforce trigger.  

yo guys, since the latest update i got the problem that the vehicle cleanup might not work correctly. counting around 140 AI vehicles in 24hrs wich didnt get deleted

also i'm getting some unexpected log entrys 

21:50:01 Error in expression <wx = _origin select 0;
_newx = _newx + (_offset select 0);
_newy = _origin sele>
21:50:01   Error position: <_offset select 0);
_newy = _origin sele>
21:50:01   Error Undefined variable in expression: _offset
21:50:01 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.altis\HC\Encounters\Functions\XPos.sqf, line 13
21:50:01 Error in expression <;
_offset = _x select 1;
_rotation = _x select 2;
_newpos = [ _eCenter, _offset]>
21:50:01   Error position: <select 2;
_newpos = [ _eCenter, _offset]>
21:50:01   Error Zero divisor
21:50:01 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.altis\HC\Encounters\LogicBomb\SpawnBuildings.sqf, line 16
21:50:38 Error in expression <options = _this select 0;

if (TypeName _options == "ARRAY") then
{
_value = _op>
21:50:38   Error position: <_options == "ARRAY") then
{
_value = _op>
21:50:38   Error Undefined variable in expression: _options
21:50:38 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.altis\HC\Encounters\Functions\GetQuantity.sqf, line 9
21:50:38 Error in expression <tity;
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal [_item, _number]; 
}foreach _weapons;
{

if (Typ>
21:50:38   Error position: <_number]; 
}foreach _weapons;
{

if (Typ>
21:50:38   Error Undefined variable in expression: _number
21:50:38 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.altis\HC\Encounters\LogicBomb\FillLoot.sqf, line 76

also could u give me a hint what these messages are trying to tell me?

23:43:15 Client: Object 6:173 (type Type_89) not found.
23:43:15 Client: Object 6:174 (type Type_89) not found.
23:43:15 Client: Object 6:174 (type Type_88) not found.
23:43:15 Client: Object 6:173 (type Type_88) not found.
23:44:59 Client: Object 7:244 (type Type_88) not found.
23:44:59 Client: Object 7:243 (type Type_89) not found.
23:44:59 Client: Object 7:243 (type Type_88) not found.
23:44:59 Client: Object 7:244 (type Type_89) not found.

HerrOrhan,

Those messages lead me to believe there may be a 'typo' in one of your mission files.  One of the missions is throwing an error part way through its creation, so the 'cleanup' code never gets initialized.

If you use 'squint2' it works pretty well to help with format checking.  The mission files are very easy to break right now. I am trying to develop a method for editing that is a little more forgiving of a stray ; or missing ] or comma.

I have checked the cleanup routines on my test server, and they appear to be working ok. I'm going to go back and do a little load testing on them now, just to make sure.

v1.1 is on GitHub.

Biggest modification: This release moves all theme and mission data to a server side .pbo. This accomplishes three things:

1) Provides some level of authorship protection for admins who put time into building their own missions

2) Reduces the client side mission file that needs to be downloaded.

3) Prevents clients from having to download/refresh their mission.pbo every time an admin adds/modifies mission/theme data.

-Also added a new PatrolRoute option (see Docs/AI_Logic.txt)

-All mission file locations can now make use of town names instead of actual map locs or offsets.  Map locs and offsets still work, but now, if a town name is identified, FuMS will retrieve the loc for the town and use it automatically.

******IMPORTANT********

If you port any of your own missions into this new configuration, make sure to look at the bottom two lines of the 'TestMission01.sqf' in the 1.1 distribution.  Make those changes to the bottom two lines of your own mission files.  

The two lines are changing an execVM command to a PVEH mechanism to get the data passed to the HC.

The Charkia mission is a test mission to demo some of the functionality.  Comment 'Test' out of the list in the ServerBase.sqf (version 1.1). Under v1.0 or earlier it shows up as the 'Basic' theme.

I'm aware of the persistent vehicle issue. It came about with making the vehicles sell-able.  Expect a fix in a couple hours for this and a PVEH bug that is locking out some missions.