Will there be Taviana Map for Epoch A3?

knights†emplar

The only way this works is everyone works together on a single set of files. That way it can be put on various launchers for player to easily download.

Probably won't happen because everyone is so worried about player base. 

AFAIK, Santa has spent a lot of time fixing texture errors.. ATM we're running a Tavi server that is very decent to play on. Bridges will stay a problem but at least the ones I tested I could traverse with a hatchback without dying. Just don't get out of your car when you're on the bridge lolz..

Check it out.

www.gfsgaming.com has the downloads / launcher.

Bridges will stay a problem but at least the ones I tested I could traverse with a hatchback without dying. Just don't get out of your car when you're on the bridge lolz..

What about removing the old bridges and remaking a new one ? that should work :unsure: setdamage 1 on the bridges ID's will make it fall into the water below, that leaves the new bridge in it's place.

or even just hide it and then build a new bridge over the top ?

Bitch of a job mind but possible :)

What about removing the old bridges and remaking a new one ? that should work :unsure: setdamage 1 on the bridges ID's will make it fall into the water below, that leaves the new bridge in it's place.

or even just hide it and then build a new bridge over the top ?

Bitch of a job mind but possible :)

Hiding the bridge with 'HideObject' won't be an option because the Physx of the bridge stay behind.

setDamage 1 would be an option, but there is a risk that the megalodon of a bridge destroys any objects near it :)

Guess trial and error will be what has to be done here :D

@BFranek

I told you why I didn't post a serverkey yet.

Maybe you could either contribute or have patience instead of going rage?

HideObject allows players to pass through but not vehicles, so you would have to make the new bridge on top of the old but not by much as they could collide, setdamge would be the best option i would of thought, depends on the server though, it could cause some delay depending on the number of objects being destroyed on restart or maybe not, as you say it'll be trial and error :)

I wish you luck.

Found out exactly the same ;) We could overwrite the config but then we have to adjust all "radiusA" entries.

But you could use this fix so far. https://seafile.zombieapo.eu/f/1c4be5d7e2/ It spawns vehicles without the use of city names. Put the PBO in your @epochhive\addons folder.

Will this also work for other maps? i.e Namalsk, or Bornholm?

HideObject allows players to pass through but not vehicles, so you would have to make the new bridge on top of the old but not by much as they could collide, setdamge would be the best option i would of thought, depends on the server though, it could cause some delay depending on the number of objects being destroyed on restart or maybe not, as you say it'll be trial and error :)

I wish you luck.

The player can already pass the bridge. I hope our Server will be online today, root server moved already and got a new IP, I7 @4.7GHz water cooled.

is your server really called Glory of Hole!? lol

The community is Glory of War.  The server name is The Glory Hole.  A play on words.  On Altis map we used a cave as a base and we called it the Glory Hole because of our community name.  Thought it was funny so the server name happened that way.

READ ME

Allright,

It took a while longer because there were some issues etc, but it's here.

Over the past weeks I managed to get rid of loads of texture errors, config.bin errors and RPT spam from the @Taviana map.

After some testing it's ready for a first release now.

The purpose of this remake is to provide a single set of client files which all server hosts can use.

This way all people who want to play Taviana will only have to download one set of files, which prevents confusion and problems.

To do this, there is a couple of things that I'd like you all to consider.

• This is NOT finished. There might still be missing textures etc. (Haven't had one in 10 hours)
  • Do NOT change stuff yourself in the client files. It would destroy the entire purpose of having one set of files.
  • If you find any bugs/errors, feel free to contact me and maybe I can fix them in a next update.

Before anyone flaming that I post a link to my own forums for the download

Because of the fact that the Taviana author does NOT allow Epochmod to talk/post/.. his work, I CANNOT post a direct download link here.

I however can guide u to the topic that has it ;)

You don't have to sign up to download it, but I'd appreciate if you could rate the file.

http://gfsgaming.com/index.php?/topic/157-taviana-download/

-Santa