Will there be Taviana Map for Epoch A3?

knights†emplar

ok Suckers! i got it working! a big thank you to speaR, you nailed it sir, and everyone else who give some positive input, .... 

haha very pleased it took me an 3 hours or so of reading config files etc, comparing errors checking .rpt! but the result is very rewarding, of course at the moment , my traders are spwaning off the map and vehicles are over the place ! but slowly i will re-organised all this and share with other who are like me !

if you want do something don't give up keep asking and keep trying! there are people out there who will help,

one happy customer today :-)

I've been trying to get this running on my test server and haven't had any luck.  I've got the mission file all set and the config.cpp set in the server settings pbo.  But when I start the server it won't load the mission.  The server seems to freeze up and won't even exit normally without using task manager.  Not sure what the issue is.  The only thing that's out of place that I can see is the config.bin files in the tavi map seem to be corrupted.  I can't unRap them using Eliteness, unRap or ArmaUnbin.  Says the file is corrupted.  Any ideas?

Server:  http://pastebin.com/1KvkKTQU

Client:  http://pastebin.com/hFMAtdh7

Please note that key checking is off in the server config, but it's still throwing key errors.  That aside, the server still doesn't load properly with no clients connected.

EDIT:  Also note that the server loads fine once @Taviana is removed from the server startup line.  So something must be wrong with the Tavi version I got from the link earlier in this thread.

I'm 99.5% confident that the problem is in the Tavi download.  Whether I use the Tavi mission or a different mission is irrelevant.  As long as @Taviana is in the server startup line the server refuses to start properly.  I'm trying a different source for the Tavi map now.  Agonizingly slow download though....

I made some trader cities with 3-7 traders each (depends on how big it is and on which location :D ) I also made the 3 gullys let you spawn on different locations. 2 of them let you spawn in 2 big trader cities. Also one spawn in the middle of nowhere somewhere in a forrest, for the guys which don't want to have action after leaving the city. (There's also a custom signboard which tells you which gully let's you spawn where. If you want to create your own trader use the m3deditor which is posted in the tools thread. (Works like the Arma 2 3D editor) after adding the objects you want click menu and then copy Epoch cfg. Go to your arma3_server_settings.pbo\config.cpp create a new array for taviana like all the other maps, instead of altis or chernarus name it tavi. the worldSize is 25600.

I made some trader cities with 3-7 traders each (depends on how big it is and on which location :D ) I also made the 3 gullys let you spawn on different locations. 2 of them let you spawn in 2 big trader cities. Also one spawn in the middle of nowhere somewhere in a forrest, for the guys which don't want to have action after leaving the city. (There's also a custom signboard which tells you which gully let's you spawn where. If you want to create your own trader use the m3deditor which is posted in the tools thread. (Works like the Arma 2 3D editor) after adding the objects you want click menu and then copy Epoch cfg. Go to your arma3_server_settings.pbo\config.cpp create a new array for taviana like all the other maps, instead of altis or chernarus name it tavi. the worldSize is 25600.

did you that for Taviana?

that is exactly what i need now, i have no Guillies and traders are all taking a swim :-) are you on skype / steam?

To fix vehicles and traders spawning in water you have to define the map size and center position. The size is entered into the config.cpp in epoch server settings and the center pos is defined in the mission.sqm under the "center" marker in the markers section.

Awesome, so the map size is 25600? what should i make the center position for markers?

The problem I was having was caused by using the wrong download for the map.  After getting the 1.79 version of @DayZOrigins it was able to work.  My client still crashes when joining for some reason.  But the server runs and other people can connect to it.  +1 for making progress!   ;)