Will there be Taviana Map for Epoch A3?

knights†emplar

not sure what the problem is we are sorting a better domain, incase you need the files i'll direct link you http://epochmod.com/downloads/@allinarmaterrainpack_2015_01_01.zip.torrentfor the AIA

http://rcgepoch.site.nfoservers.com/@Taviana.rar.torrent>>> TAVI torrent 

http://rcgepoch.site.nfoservers.com/NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons_v%201.4.7z>>> @mass

IF you have any issues at all come to our TS ( 192.99.111.2 )and we will make sure your able to get in :)

Appreciated, I'll DL this stuff and hop on when I can  :).

No disrespect but you should really give up :) I think you might be over your head.

Practise in the editor making missions, it'll help you understand what does what and where things belong.

no offense taken, but i don't want to customize my own, simply want the standard one for taviana, i have tinkered the Arma 2 mission.sqm on my arma 2 epoch server , i know all about classesand item numbers etc... but in arma 3 those files are encrypted. there are servers out there with epoch.tavi.pbo, I wondered where they got them!

no offense taken, but i don't want to customize my own, simply want the standard one for taviana, i have tinkered the Arma 2 mission.sqm on my arma 2 epoch server , i know all about classesand item numbers etc... but in arma 3 those files are encrypted. there are servers out there with epoch.tavi.pbo, I wondered where they got them!

we made the pbos had to add in the epoch slots init loot spawns etc. worst part was the cars didn't like spawning on the roads but instead all in the same spot in the ocean. Fixing that was a pain :D

we made the pbos had to add in the epoch slots init loot spawns etc. worst part was the cars didn't like spawning on the roads but instead all in the same spot in the ocean. Fixing that was a pain :D

the only reason i am doing coz i like the pain these things cause me! i am sure of it! no other reason i dont even have a public server but sometimes i like having a map to load up on my screen to check out where i wanna build and stuff on a server i play on!

what do you use to decrypt your .sqm?

Its pretty easy to get the map working. Just some know how. As already told by Richie you can use the Origins map files and their keys to verify them. The rest is some modifying of the allowed files. (Maybe watch a tutorial how to write a mission.sqm. Thinking about making a tutorial about getting the Taviana Map working on A3.

why is allways everybody "thinking" on making a tutorial and not actually making it? xD

If you need a tutorial then perhaps running the server is a bad idea :p a good server admin should understand how the game works and what does what and where things belong.

The Epoch community is flooded with servers, poorly ran ones don't do anyone any favours.

Well 

Hiishino, Heres what I will tell you. 

You have been on our tavi server for over v2 days, you spent every second you have trying to get yourself caught in buildings, or stuck somewhere. You are a dishonest asshole. You have been trying to copy the PBO, but don't know how, so you have been soliciting Jmay I welcome everyone on my server, But if i see you again on my server, I will Ban you.  thats your warning. Stay the fuck away, you server destabliizing troll. 

lol what are you on about? what did i steal from you again? and what for? i am not a server not an admin or server owner !! u been have using my post here to advertise your server, and I have actually came and enjoyed playeing legit, ask your admin about the only glitch i had , he agreed it was a glitch, if you gonna be an ass for something i didnt do, and not apologies for it, stay away from my post! and stop advertising your server here, do it in the correct place.

so here is what happens, the admin in game encourages you to report bugs and glitches, because Tavi has all sorts of glitchy buildigs, and when you do in side, this guy here accuses you of trolling....! 

So to answer your question , no you are wrong i am not a troll and i am not stealing your pbo, i know exactly how it works and if i was stealing them from you, i would only connect for 2 mins and take pbo files, why would i want you pbo files when all you have is glitchy buildings! l

You are the worst server owner I have known today in arma, if you cant tell between someone who is stealing or playing!, I was running around for 2 days reporting bugs, only for certain ppl to keep saying go play COD, and now I get accused of this....

Good luck with your server dude, I wont play unless i get an apology!

Dear all, this was a post asking for help and advice and instead, its abuse and people telling other people if they cant do this or that they can give up!

Not really the outcome i was hoping for, 

I have successfully built arma 2 servers for myself and a friend, I wanted little help to understand how it works on Arma 3, now I thought this is the place to do such a thing!

The community does not seem what it was before!

@HiiShino if you want to run a server for a community I dont suggest yousing the a2 taviana map because its full of bugs and glitches (like you already realized) I'll quickly write down how to:

1: put the aia folder inside your Server. create an folder called @Taviana and put the addons folder from Origins 1.7.9 inside. (there are only a few files needed but I can not remember which ones. if you load all there will occure some errors, but it should work anyway)

2: download the Origins 1.7.9 key from Richie's post and put it inside your keys folder in your server.

3: create a mission.sqm for taviana and put it inside a pbo called epoch.Tavi or however you want together with the standard description.ext which you can get from the Epoch.altis or any a3 mission file. (unluckily I'm not home atm but I'll share one mission file I created for taviana,tomorrow)

3: Head in your SC folder, there edit the config.cfg and edit the part where you can see epoch.Altis to epoch.Tavi

4: put the @aia and @taviana to your start parameters.

for testing it I put all files from the Origins addons folder inside the taviana addons folder, put the signature check in the config on 0 and only let the needed files load. But it should work too with all the files. If not I'll write them down tomorrow when I'm home.

BUT NOTICE : to get the vehicle spawn working correctly you have to brake the ToS (Don't do that!) . To get the spawn gullys working you have to modify the config.cpp which is inside the a3_server_settings pbo which you are allowed to edit. (you have to and an array for tavi, use altis as your template, set the world size to 25600 and edit the gullys then. to add traders and objects theres an other tutorial btw. But to make an community project out of it you have to modify and edit a lot! like in my short how to above its working but everyone who has some knowledge of arma scripting would kill him self when reading this :-D

Aaa, if you find any grammar or writing mistakes be gentle with me. I'm not a native speaker as you might have noticed when reading it.

An other thing I wanted to say. It's damn annoying to know that other people know how something is working but dont want to share it with others and just writing advertises in a thread somebody wants to know how it is working. That helps nobody!

SpeaR, fantastic write up! really appreciate your comment here, I will take them steps and re-do them now and let you know what error I get, even though i have done most of what you said, I am now able to decrypt the mission.sqm i got from the default Altis one, I will start re-arranging it for Tavi, i am not interested if traders or cars spawn in water, as its a server i am loading on my pc locally! 

I might wanna get that fixed later!

I really appreciate your help! 

One question is Origins 1.7.9 what some people refer to as Taviana 3.0?

One question is Origins 1.7.9 what some people refer to as Taviana 3.0?

Martin created the Taviana map, it was 2 large islands and released it to the community, Hicks then ported Dayz to it and Dayz Taviana.com was born, at the same time Martin allowed other modders to use it and Dayz Taviana.eu was born, the .com version by Hicks was by far the better version.

The guys at .eu were not impressed, so they decided to make Dayz Origins, because GP had a large following and KingCunt is minted they did the unspeakable .... they involved money :o In exchange for money, Martin then became KingCunts bitch, Martin refused Hicks permission to use Taviana and any future updates.

Martin then updated Taviana to version 3.0 for exclusive use by Origins, it was a huge success and with more money coming in KingCunt then bought his 2nd bitch, this bitch was called Vilas, Vilas then refused all other modders permission to use his work, so the Epoch Dev team had to remove them, remember the 'Hello Kitty' cars Epoch had ? made by Vilas and pulled, along with a lot of guns and other vehicles.

The ArmA/Dayz comminity then decided Origins was a cancer and Epoch was by far better :D so Origins died a slow death and Epoch took the #1 Dayz mod slot.

Because of all the money involved, BIS bought the rights to Dayz and refused anyone permission to use Dayz code in A3, they also sent some legal letters to Origins and the team is currently under new leadership, no idea what is happening now.

It's not as simple as what i sai though, KingCunt roped in GSP's and had exclusive licenses, that was why it took forever to see Origins servers, they refused to release the files and other drama.

and the rest is history :)

@HiiShino if you want to run a server for a community I dont suggest yousing the a2 taviana map because its full of bugs and glitches (like you already realized) I'll quickly write down how to:

1: put the aia folder inside your Server. create an folder called @Taviana and put the addons folder from Origins 1.7.9 inside. (there are only a few files needed but I can not remember which ones. if you load all there will occure some errors, but it should work anyway)

2: download the Origins 1.7.9 key from Richie's post and put it inside your keys folder in your server.

3: create a mission.sqm for taviana and put it inside a pbo called epoch.Tavi or however you want together with the standard description.ext which you can get from the Epoch.altis or any a3 mission file. (unluckily I'm not home atm but I'll share one mission file I created for taviana,tomorrow)

3: Head in your SC folder, there edit the config.cfg and edit the part where you can see epoch.Altis to epoch.Tavi

4: put the @aia and @taviana to your start parameters.

for testing it I put all files from the Origins addons folder inside the taviana addons folder, put the signature check in the config on 0 and only let the needed files load. But it should work too with all the files. If not I'll write them down tomorrow when I'm home.

BUT NOTICE : to get the vehicle spawn working correctly you have to brake the ToS (Don't do that!) . To get the spawn gullys working you have to modify the config.cpp which is inside the a3_server_settings pbo which you are allowed to edit. (you have to and an array for tavi, use altis as your template, set the world size to 25600 and edit the gullys then. to add traders and objects theres an other tutorial btw. But to make an community project out of it you have to modify and edit a lot! like in my short how to above its working but everyone who has some knowledge of arma scripting would kill him self when reading this :-D

Aaa, if you find any grammar or writing mistakes be gentle with me. I'm not a native speaker as you might have noticed when reading it.

An other thing I wanted to say. It's damn annoying to know that other people know how something is working but dont want to share it with others and just writing advertises in a thread somebody wants to know how it is working. That helps nobody!

Done those steps, this what happened,

1. I added the same @Taviana folder i created as above on to the root of my arma3 player side, as well as server root. The graphics of my arma3 changed to what looks like Origins menu, i guess i need to delete some files from the @Taviana folde, need your help here!

2. when i join the server (LAN) i get re-directed to lobby.

3. i might need your version of the .sqm file i used the default epoch.altis just renamed it, so the mission.sqm is defo not adabt for taviana.

here is a link to my .rpt file (bottom half of it, there are alot of errors , which i think relate to all the addons that are not needed)

My .RPT File