Fuel/Ammo/Repair trucks

OneShotPaddy

Does anyone know how we can get these to work? I'm operating a server that added them to the spawn list and they show nothing in the scroll wheel options when near a damaged or empty vehicles. I was hoping there would be a little immersion from protecting a fuel truck at your base that's far away from gas stations. In addition, it's going to be impossible to find ammo for missles/miniguns without adding them to a loot spawner which I heard is complicated and sketchy.

So does anyone have any tricks to make this work or know if they will work in the future updates?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just had some people try as well, none of us are able to get it operating properly. I even looked up tutorial videos to make sure I didn't miss something. If anyone has encountered this problem, please share your solution. If anyone has any suggestions on things I could try, I'm open to give it a shot. I have already been through a lot of the server files while installing scripts and haven't seen anything relevant thus far to re-arming or refueling vehicles. 

And thanks Nic, I haven't really managed to get any of them working (including the repair truck) so I'm wondering if it's faction-based, such as some of the uniforms from AI missions not being wearable by players? Or if I've simply broken something somewhere.

You have to be the last person in the drivers seat of both vehicles, I've also added these in to my server, just two of each to make them a serious resource people will fight over.

The repair vehicles can be a bit flaky as well, we've not been able to identify a common factor as to why it works perfectly sometimes and not at all other times.

• 6 months later...

I would also like help in this matter,   we can get the fuel Hemmit and Medical Hemmit to work just on approaching both vehicles,   but as for ANY of the ammo trucks / helicopters or repair trucks,   none of them seem to do anything.   Fog Horn,   rather then proclaiming that it works on your sever,  please tell us HOW you got it to work on your sever.    We would appreciate it. 

My group has done extensive testing on all of them. They are VERY hit and miss, especially in EPOCH. I did a fair amount of scrounging around on the web about it and it seems the problem isn't only isolated to EPOCH though. A lot of people write their own server and rearm scripts because they have problems with the vehicles working right. I can tell you some scripts that use the action menu such as the auto inserted ear-plugs on here can also block the ability to use them off the action menu. I even tested with the Taru pods, one minute they work and the next they will not.

I would suggest just implementing a re-arm script either that costs money or is free and attach it to whatever object you want in the world like the repair bays at gas stations, becuase I highly doubt you are going to get it to work. And just because it works once doesn't mean it will work again. 

I had to add my own re-ammo script that makes you load your spare ammo mags into the re-ammo truck first before you can use the truck to reload turrets in the nearby vehicle.

I also have a video but the commentary is in Russian (sorry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgZWI-HdijE