[Multi-release] Chernarus Map Updates by BSB Network - ChernarusPlus & PvP Maze

boxman80

UPDATE:

Hi all, just an update. I stopped developing map edits last year when we closed our public servers and started playing on bigger public servers. HOWEVER I will be proving some of the work I produced and finishing it off and releasing it within the next couple of weeks. In the meantime I am offering my services free of charge of course, to any server admins out there are looking for a map editor.  I'm also happy to help out with AI and Map development too.

my work is of a much higher standard than most - even higher than my attempts published below and I can attempt to make anything you require. 

If you are interested send me a PM OR visit me at our website: http://www.bsbnetwork.com

I've been given so much help from the Day Z community and used so many useful scripts and updates I thought it was finally time to try and give something back. So I thought I'd  produce some of the map updates I've made to our server for other server admins to use if they want to either add to their own improvements or to save themselves some time and effort in quickly customising their own servers.

I have a whole series of these from the past year or so that I am working through and packaging to be released on this thread (so come back soon and check out the other available updates!). The first of these are listed below. More pics will also be published soon too! Bot of these updates are presently running on our Public PvE Epoch server so fully work with Epoch. To see them/sample them visit our server (details in my sig)

These are completely for free to use and distribute I would just like it that you keep our read me file with the updates and don't rename the files/edit us out of the credits. Cheers.

BSB Chernarus_Plus_v2:

A full map update that adds various additional buildings scattered nicely around Chernarus. This is an early map add-on that adds enhancements throughout the entire map, so it is not recommended that you use this with other map updates as some buildings may overlap.

This map Includes;-

• US Military base at the NE Airfield
  • UN military camp & aid station & NW Airfield
  • Military camp at Balota
  • Urban improvements in Cherno, Electro, Balota, Kamenka, Berezhino, Tulga, Zelenagorsk etc.
  • Several barracks added and scattered about military areas. Nothing OP and they are always spread around and not grouped together.
  • Various military check points & roadblocks
  • Several hidden survivor prefab camps ready to be improved and fortified
This is stable and the final release and will not be improved or modified any further as it's an early version of my work. It's fully playable and shouldn't give many/any problems. Pictures coming soon!

File includes installation instructions (readme file)

Pictures
Coming soon!

Download

BSB Maze v2.1

This adds a massive player maze just to the west of the NW Airfield. It's got plenty of loot and hidden gear within it's walls. Offers lots of fun but can be very dangerous! Brilliant map update ideally suited for PvP tournaments and other fun events but still fun to add to maps for general exploration. This map update is still being developed so more improvements coming to this very soon! Pictures will be added shortly too!
This map IS comparable with BSB Chernarus Plus, it will not cause any enhancement  overlaps

File includes installation instructions (readme file)

Download

Pictures

5n1ZpMx.png
 CdHRuJ8.png
SrxZoEv.png

BSB Balota Regional Forces Task Force Camp

In the early stages of the "Moscow Rabies" pandemic, the state of Chernarus responded by drafting in their military forces to form a "Regional Task force", officially their role was to quarantine villages where outbreaks were confirmed, to protect and evacuate citizens to refugee camps and safe zones and to safely dispose of infected bodies. The Chernarus Regional Task Force troops were stationed at various military bases within the state of Chernarus. One of the heaviest presences was at the Balota airstrip, which unlike most of the other military fortifications across the region remained solely occupied by Chernarus forces. A garrison of troops, equipment, vehicles and medical supplies was quickly set up and fortified.  Naturally the fortifications didn't hold as Moscow Rabies gradually saturated the whole region and many of the Task force deserted their posts.....

Map features:

• Strong fortifications & large perimeter
  • Military encampment/base geared up for Close Quarter Combat and stealth scavenging
  • A fully functioning military repair/refuel station 
  • Various loot producing buildings including 2x medium military barracks (at either end of the airstrip), medical tents and several medium military tents.
  • Many strong hold bunkers that can provide life saving cover, or alternatively dangerous ambush points where bandits may lay in wait....
  • Russian vehicle ammo
  • Fuel supplies

Pictures

Skorpion Citadel features in this video - http://www.twitch.tv/bsbnetwork/c/4353366

Download 

Soon!

Would love some screenshots :) Also would like to say, seen as you have made one large file for a server pack, rather than a series of small additions, would it be possible for you to indicate in the .sqf file the starts and ends for each separate addition.

For example:

// NE US Military base ------------------------------------------------------
US Military base at the NE Airfield code within
// NE US Military base -------------------------------------------------------

// NW UN Military camp -------------------------------------------------------
UN military camp & aid station & NW Airfield code within
// NW UN Military base -------------------------------------------------------

// Balota Military camp ------------------------------------------------------
Military camp at Balota code within
// Balota Military camp ------------------------------------------------------

and so on and so forth, mainly because many people have edits in some of these places already. But it's a shame for them not to be able to utilize some of your additions. No problem if not, any more experienced admin can read through and check it from the worldspace id's and do it themselves but it may be easier for some of the newer admins that way.

Either way, I look forward to seeing what you have in stall for us! 

Some screens of BSB Maze added from the editor.

The first update (BSB_Chernarus_Plus) is indeed a very large update pack that has lots of additions spread across the map, and yes I'll add some screens of that too very soon. I appreciate that as it's so wide spread it may impose on other additions that admins may have added/included on their servers already and to be fair this pack will be superseded by the newer additions I will be adding here over the next couple of weeks anyway, so it's probably best suited to admins who dont have the time to do their own additions or want one single map update to quickly apply to their server.

I wont be doing any further work on this as single add-on because of the fact it's so big and has potential to affect other additions, which is why my other add-ons are split up into smaller additions. I will, if I get time though, separate sections of the code to make it easy for admins to block off parts they dont want active on their server, cheers for the feedback. 

Thanks for the feed back, appreciated. The Maze will be improved and added to later. It wasnt meant to be impossible to navigate really and the lower walls were meant to make the maze more exposed from the vantage points within, making it a prime ground for bandits laying in wait. Works well in that respect and on a high pop server it's really fun! We run events on it on our server presently and it works well. We have hidden safes in it with clues on our fforum to the codes.

I may do a followup maze with ccastle walls at some point though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm not actually using Chernarus plus v2 now on our servers and I am working on smaller updates to be scattered across the map in sections for Chernarus Improvements V3 which include;

•  Scorpion Bandit Citadel  - AI large stronghold castle North Of Berezhino with a  perimeter trench system for AI to patrol and bed into, close quarter battles inside the citadel, high value rewards scattered and hidden within the citadel. 4 High guard towers on each corner, single point of entry, cover for attacks from a  beach assault or western clearing and much much more!).

• Chernarus Defence Force Main Base (Balota) - Large over-run camp at Balota Airstrip. Features Repair/Refuel point, light/medium military spawns, broken security perimeter, atmospheric props and settings and much more)

•  USMC Foothold (NEAS) - Massive Military abandoned camp with Repair/refuel station, chopper pad, vehicle compound, light military barracks/tents, medical supplies and more.

•  USMC Port/Evacuation Point - An abandoned USMC Port with a couple of light military spawns and medical supplies. Complete with perimeter fortifications, abandoned vehicles and the remains of the US Navy Fleet that was anchored off the coast of Chernarus. 

• Urban Upgrades for Chernogosk - Apartment buildings and housing complexes (most of which are now entarable) complete with many small feature details such as fencing, path ways, garbage areas, play areas etc. Also a convenience store based on the east side of the city. Additional farming buildings placed on the outskirts of the town.

• Urban Upgrades for Berezhino - As above but also a fire station added.

• Urban Upgrades for Elektro - As with Cherno. 

•  Urban Upgrades for Zalenagorsk - As with Cherno

• AI Stronghold At Pedoba Dam - (WIP)

• AI Stronghold at Skalitsky Island (WIP)

These won't be released just yet but can be found at our Chernarus server for a preview.

Hi, since updating to arma 112555 earlier today, I get the following error in my rpt:

23:03:11 Error in expression <0012207031];
};

_group_8 = createGroup _center_0;

_vehicle_627 = objNull;
if (>
23:03:11   Error position: <_center_0;

_vehicle_627 = objNull;
if (>
23:03:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: _center_0
23:03:11 File z\addons\dayz_server\bsb_updates\bsb_chernarus_plus_v2.sqf, line 3808

I know you said you are moving on from this boxman but, we, my players and I, love these additional buildings, roadblocks and starter bases on my server and I really don't want to take the script off.

Could you let me know if there's anything simple I can change to fix this?

Thanks

p.s. I can't wait to test out your wip above...! :)

Hi fella, I would suggest going into the bsb_chernarus_plus_v2.sqf file and deleting the code associated to line 3808 mate.

I'll be releasing some of the new updates very soon but the first releases can be previewed on our Chernarus test server in my signature.

• 1 month later...

I'm not actually using Chernarus plus v2 now on our servers and I am working on smaller updates to be scattered across the map in sections for Chernarus Improvements V3 which include;

•  Scorpion Bandit Citadel  - AI large stronghold castle North Of Berezhino with a  perimeter trench system for AI to patrol and bed into, close quarter battles inside the citadel, high value rewards scattered and hidden within the citadel. 4 High guard towers on each corner, single point of entry, cover for attacks from a  beach assault or western clearing and much much more!).

• Chernarus Defence Force Main Base (Balota) - Large over-run camp at Balota Airstrip. Features Repair/Refuel point, light/medium military spawns, broken security perimeter, atmospheric props and settings and much more)

•  USMC Foothold (NEAS) - Massive Military abandoned camp with Repair/refuel station, chopper pad, vehicle compound, light military barracks/tents, medical supplies and more.

•  USMC Port/Evacuation Point - An abandoned USMC Port with a couple of light military spawns and medical supplies. Complete with perimeter fortifications, abandoned vehicles and the remains of the US Navy Fleet that was anchored off the coast of Chernarus. 

• Urban Upgrades for Chernogosk - Apartment buildings and housing complexes (most of which are now entarable) complete with many small feature details such as fencing, path ways, garbage areas, play areas etc. Also a convenience store based on the east side of the city. Additional farming buildings placed on the outskirts of the town.

• Urban Upgrades for Berezhino - As above but also a fire station added.

• Urban Upgrades for Elektro - As with Cherno. 

•  Urban Upgrades for Zalenagorsk - As with Cherno

• AI Stronghold At Pedoba Dam - (WIP)

• AI Stronghold at Skalitsky Island (WIP)

These won't be released just yet but can be found at our Chernarus server for a preview.

Hi Boxman, any update on your WIP? Do you have a target date for release..?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the maze, how would I go about adding AI to patrol the area? I am running WAI 2.1.4 and DZAI and figured I would like to run the DZAI over the WAI, but not sure how to set the cords up for them. Thanks in advance for the help on this.

Load the map up in the editor and place units in the maze where you want them, making note of the coordinates they appear.You then take these coordinates and use them in your WAI files. Sorry for the late reply I stopped developing map updates last year when we closed our public servers BUT I will be proving some of the work I produced and finishing it off the work I had last year and releasing it within the next couple of weeks. 

If any server admins out there are looking for a map editor I'm happy to help out with AI and Map development. Send me a PM OR visit me at our website: http://www.bsbnetwork.com

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...