How about an official statement?

Hey Devs, I know you guys are hard at work on A3 Epoch, which I'm loving. I'm not even playing on my Dayz Epoch servers much anymore. I've even stopped development on them. No more new mods, only critical bug fixes.

The last time anything has been updated on the Dayz Epoch github was 2 months ago, I am dreading the day that we're surprised with a Dayz Epoch update because quite frankly I do not want to have to update my Dayz Epoch servers again. So, I'd just like to know if one of the devs could give their official stance on the future of Dayz Epoch. If you aren't going to do any more updates, that's fine by me because it takes away the anxiety of knowing I might have to update my servers, but could you please make an official announcement? I think it's appropriate that you stop development on Dayz Epoch but that is just my opinion.

Well, if there is a patch like the current one that fixes alot of issues, it should be released regardless of what some server owners think. They can always run the old version.

Arma2 epoch will still stay alive for a long time, alot of servers will surely close... but some servers will remain. Please release the patch! For the long life of arma 2 epoch!

We were first told 1.0.5.2 would be released in early July of 2014, i see how far that has come..

I appreciate A3 is main prio, but the state of bugs in the current A2 mod is quite saddening really.

I think a lot of the bugs are due to Arma 2 and it's limitations. Arma 3 is where it's at now. I doubt we'll see another release of A2 Epoch. I just wish the devs would put out an official word.

I think a lot of the bugs are due to Arma 2 and it's limitations. Arma 3 is where it's at now. I doubt we'll see another release of A2 Epoch. I just wish the devs would put out an official word.

I for the most part do not agree with this, many of the issues in 1.0.5.1 are definitely @DayZ_Epoch problems and do not exist in other similar mods for A2, or are fixable if enough effort/time gets put in. 

It strikes me as odd that 4 of the best hack creators for Arma 2/3 are in that group trying to help fix the CU RE exploit which makes their hacks work flawlessly. Also one of the worst ones douggem is in that group. I understand these guys are good coders and what not by they aren't bringing anything good to the table by being in there

I again do not agree (about the Doug part) Scroll through the whole chat and you will see he has contributed in a constructive way. Also, nobody is "trying to help fix" the RE exploit. It is a well known issue for BIS and technically is already fixed. (for A3 thanks to AWOL :) http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20994 - note ticket creation date and the fact the problem has been present for ages)

It seems like BIS were just too lazy (or forgot?) to back-port the fix up until now and whilst more and more people found out about it shit turned nasty. Maybe my multiple very angry emails helped them finally decide to apply it?  :lol:

The purpose of that public Skype group is to discuss and bring up A2 problems/bugs that could possibly be fixed for this pre EOL patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks AWOL, that's great news! :)

May want to keep in mind the hopefully soon release of the pre EOL A2:OA update. (maybe it would be best to wait until that is released before doing anything?)

I'll gladly help out with any testing/debug or feedback purposes, will throw you a PM when i arrive home!

Disappointing to hear that there may be another patch. It's too much work to upgrade the servers when you have a lot of mods. :(

No, just No.

1. Nobody forces you to update, if you don't want to spend time doing so then just simply don't (and suffer consequences) 

2. Managing a server correctly takes work and time, if you don't want to spend time in doing so then don't manage a server

3. If you are running your own mods / you added or made them yourself it really should not be too much of a problem to update them

4. There are things in A2 epoch right now that can not be hot-fixed by server admins. (require update)

5. We were promised an update back in July...

He's right though. If the only way that CU RE exploit is going to get fixed is through the EOL patch, then bring that bitch on I say! We pour so much time and effort into our servers just to have some little pre-pubescent toerag come in and fuck it all up for everyone. It's annoying as hell. If it means scratching around in code for a week to update the servers I have, then so be it.  

What is the "CU RE" exploit? Never heard of this.

People are able to easily wreck and remotely execute code on your server (+all clients) without getting logged due to a scripting exploit with createUnit. (BIS fixed it for A3 but were most likely too lazy to backport for OA, however with this update it will be fixed.)

It is probably the biggest problem with OA multiplayer right now... i have written them many emails asking them to get their lazy asses to fix it.

This is the worst statement I have ever heard. LOL.

The reason I say that is because I run two A2 Epoch servers and one A3 Epoch server. I don't play A2 Epoch anymore but i have a group of regular players and admins that do and i have regular donations that are helping to pay for the servers. I've moded my servers to a point that i like them and have officially stopped any further development on them. The last thing i want to do is spend time having to update the servers. I work a full time job doing 12 hour shifts so in my off time I'd rather dedicate my time to the A3 Epoch server. I have asked my admins if anyone wants to take over the A2 Epoch servers so i don't have to bother but no one knows enough to take them over. If my player base was dropping or if the donations died up, I'd probably drop the A2 servers.

Fair enough, but does that mean the other ~2500 servers (according to DZC) should be affected because you don't have enough time to do work on your servers / can not find anyone that has enough knowledge to do it for you? 

I still stand by my previous point, don't wish to have to spend time on update = don't update. I'm sure many other users will agree with this too. 

;)

Fair enough, but does that mean the other ~2500 servers (according to DZC) should be affected because you don't have enough time to do work on your servers / can not find anyone that has enough knowledge to do it for you? 

I still stand by my previous point, don't wish to have to spend time on update = don't update. I'm sure many other users will agree with this too. 

;)

Yeah, it does.

I merged several pull requests from the community into the master branch recently, I would like to spend some time on it but I am still pushing hard to get the next version of A3 Epoch release.

If someone wants to test and help debug this current build on github for release contact me.

i could set up a test server , i have a few spare cpu cores just waiting for some thing to do.

please do not stop working on arma 2 epoch , or at least try to find some one who can take over the mod to help you out with it please =]. you still have lots of users who play arma 2 epoch ,

as for arma 3 , i hope u guys win ! congrats on top 10 =]

thanks to og poster for asking the question been wondering this for months ,

• 1 month later...

Hope End Of Life Patch fix HC problems.

And hope DayZ Epoch EOL update (or not?) make a hugh increase performance.

Since HC is broken, i'm starting to bypass Epoch server code with my own code. It's the best way to gain server performance.

Example: A new and simple loot system.

Differences: On this loot system, if you go on a building, the loot will spawn. If you go away and than back to the building, the loot will not be the same.

Gain: Simple, run entirelly on the client, easy clean, reduced number of weapon holders on the map.