Installing Server

lonewolfgaming

I have been trying to install an Epoch server on my computer and have run into a problem. When I try to run the game , it acts like it is about to go in game then a message pops up. The message that pops up is:

"This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. You cannot play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact DayZ Epoch staff". I have downloaded the necessary files from the website for the server and have followed the steps given in a couple of YouTube videos, but both ways I have tried end the the same results. Does anyone know what might be necessary or missing to have the game to run?

More details please!

What version are you running server and client side?

Have you checked your logs both server and client side?

The "Dayz Epoch" it sounds odd tbh, but as I haven't seen this error before we'll leave it at that.

Thanks,

Mike.

My installed game is version 1.63.125548 running Epoch 1.0.5.1  I downloaded both the client and server files from the website. I tried the steps shown in the videos as well as adding the extra launch perimeter shown in the instructions on the website, -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server; . I have an online server that is running just fine that I have through GTX, I am just wanting to set this one up for personal use on my computer to test scripts before I upload them to my online server.