Epoch Server FPS

drsubo

So im just curious what the average fps an epoch server should have. I am renting a server and want to see if my servers fps is about the same as everyone else. It seems really low to me but not sure if that is because of the epoch mod and how it runs or if its scripts im using that's causing this. What is all of your guys servers fps? thanks

You can't ask for "clientside fps" because there is way too many variables to consider for that. my epoch server is runnning "alrightish" but have terible fps.

its like when you hit around 50 players the server performance just drops hard.

Mp4dXSi.png

We are using tbbmalloc.dll and -nologs but that does not seem to change much really.

Server spec:

Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1270 v3 (8M Cache, 3.50 GHz).

SSD drives.

24 GB Ram.

Dont really know how to improve it further. And people can hardly ever find a vehicle there isnt really much spawned on the map besides those silly ferris wheels that seem completly pointless :D

I have a lot of diff scripts. Like towing, ai missions, crafting scripts, an a few other lil things. now I went on earlier and I was at 50 fps, then about a hour later with less players on it was at 30. Idk whats up its just randomly jumping around.

You can't ask for "clientside fps" because there is way too many variables to consider for that. my epoch server is runnning "alrightish" but have terible fps.

its like when you hit around 50 players the server performance just drops hard.

Mp4dXSi.png

We are using tbbmalloc.dll and -nologs but that does not seem to change much really.

Server spec:

Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1270 v3 (8M Cache, 3.50 GHz).

SSD drives.

24 GB Ram.

Dont really know how to improve it further. And people can hardly ever find a vehicle there isnt really much spawned on the map besides those silly ferris wheels that seem completly pointless :D

I have a lot of diff scripts. Like towing, ai missions, crafting scripts, an a few other lil things. now I went on earlier and I was at 50 fps, then about a hour later with less players on it was at 30. Idk whats up its just randomly jumping around.

Mods, scripts and cleanup jobs will have a massive impact on server performance. Also a build up of game objects can hurt you to. When I ran Arma 3 servers I reduced the corpse and wreak clean up time with added a 20-23% increase in performance over the course of 4 hours.

Also have you enabled HT? I've not seen a great increase using it however it may help. (-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=3 -enableHT etc...).

It seems like Sony is the only company that have cracked the MP performance of the zombie type games :(

Let me know what you think.

Mike.

Mods, scripts and cleanup jobs will have a massive impact on server performance. Also a build up of game objects can hurt you to. When I ran Arma 3 servers I reduced the corpse and wreak clean up time with added a 20-23% increase in performance over the course of 4 hours.

Also have you enabled HT? I've not seen a great increase using it however it may help. (-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=3 -enableHT etc...).

It seems like Sony is the only company that have cracked the MP performance of the zombie type games :(

Let me know what you think.

Mike.

Yeah running with HT but then again no matter which settings we tweak it really does not feel like its got any difference at all.

took off tbmalloc and nologs and around 80 players joined back on and the difference is not even noticeable.

Hardly got anything extra running which should impact performance this severely, i just have a hard time matching the numbers with devs statement about servers running fine with 100 players if you have default settings.

is anyone here running 90+ players with 15 fps minimum?

Yeah running with HT but then again no matter which settings we tweak it really does not feel like its got any difference at all.

took off tbmalloc and nologs and around 80 players joined back on and the difference is not even noticeable.

Hardly got anything extra running which should impact performance this severely, i just have a hard time matching the numbers with devs statement about servers running fine with 100 players if you have default settings.

is anyone here running 90+ players with 15 fps minimum?

Yeah tbh I stoped using tbmalloc both server and client side as it makes little difference for me.

What is your CPU utilisation under load?

The Arma instance is using 45-50% with 80 players on.

I find this a bit low.

I'm running an E3-1245V2 and with 60 players on it can use upto 75% CPU.

CPU difference between yours & mine is only 100MHz, so that shouldn't differ to much.

Are u using -enableHT  & -cpuCount together maybe?

I find this a bit low.

I'm running an E3-1245V2 and with 60 players on it can use upto 75% CPU.

CPU difference between yours & mine is only 100MHz, so that shouldn't differ to much.

Are u using -enableHT  & -cpuCount together maybe?

No im not.

-mod=@asm;@Epoch;@EpochHive -config=test.cfg  -profiles=SC -cfg=basic.cfg -enableHT -autoInit -name=SC