Windows Server 2012 Help

Seamus

Question

I'm trying to get an Epoch server going on my Windows Server 2012 dedicated home server.  I get everything copied over, set up, and running; no errors reported in server message box.  I join the server using my external IP and it'll work fine until I quit and try to relog.  When I relog it goes through everything as it should gets past authentication and everything but sticks on the loading screen just before I should get in and I can even hear ocean sounds.  I did see some people have this issue, but, it's client-side.  I know it's not client-side since I can join other servers no problem and if I restart my server I can get back in.  I check the server message box after I get stuck and there's still no errors so I'm at a complete loss as to what's happening.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.  Also, sorry if someone has posted this issue before, I've searched for days now and can't find anything on it.

5 answers to this question

I followed the directions to the letter, all the ports were already forwarded, but, I did double check each one.  I then replaced Windows Server 2012 with Windows 7 to see if that helped anything, but, to no avail.  It is pretty ritualistic in that, I can log back in after server restarts but it appears to be the same for any of my friends logging in as well and that's no way to run a server.  I was even able to add SargeAI and Krixes SelfBloodbag which work good, but still, if I disconnect from Arma II OA I have to restart server to get back in, it's very frustrating.  I'm not sure how to actually attach a file here so I'll just quote the code for the .bat file.  I'm running Overpoch now, but, the issue started when I was running Epoch.

@echo off

start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

But I actually have a directory for "Expansion\beta\", and if I get rid of that in the batch file I get stuck at "Wait for Host".  This is a completely fresh install of everything, I made a new Steam account, bought the game specifically for the server not sure if there's some sort of file structure difference between us?

If I'm setting up a dedicated server at a hosting service, which edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 is best for Arma3 running several game servers... Datacenter?  Standard?  Essentials? Foundations?

I don't plan on virtualization.

You're on a roll Bob. Hijacking someone else's post AND posting in the wrong forum :)